My Hair is Thriving Without all of the Fuss!

lilamae

When I first joined the board I went out an purchased so many products it was pathetic. I had such a strict regimen that it wasn't realistic long term. For the past couple of months I have decided to relax a little bit. I no longer deep condition every week, I dont wear scarves to bed hardly and I've been at the salon to get my hair flat ironed at least 5 times:blush:

Some of you may have passed out just reading the above but the reality is..my hair is doing just fine:yep: My secret and the one thing I dont compromise on is MOISTURE!

Mainly via co-washes or just letting my ends get wet in the shower and applying a good leave in afterword(herbal Essence LTR:lick:). I hardly have any breakage (I check my white pillow case every morning) and I have very noticeable growth!!

So for those of you who are letting your world revolve around your strict regimen, I'm proof that its okay to relax a little. Watching my hair grow without all of the fuss has become such a joy! I feel like I've mastered my super simple regimen and I'm getting results!:drunk:

Disclaimer: I realize that some heads of hair may require a bit more attention than others so just do what works best for you without going broke or crazy.

SparklingFlame

I am in the same boat. I dont even know the last time I DC'd. My hair do what it do and I'm cool with it. Idont do much other than rollerset as needed.

RegaLady

Thanks great! That is an inspiration. I wanted to cut my hair, because I got tired of being so strict with it. But, it is good to know that you can still make goals without the strictness! Continue gaining the length girl!

Valerie

Well for me, castor oil and aloe vera gel are a must, I have added them also the Mega-Tek, I am using, I also daily rinse and deep conditioner every time I wash my hair, because I wasn't seen any length, after that I see I am able to retain more length. I think you have to find a regime, which you are comfortable and it works for you. When I was relaxed, I did so much to my hair and it still did not grow long, I suffered from thin ends, now that I'm natural, I have more length, than I ever had.

Neith

I think that most people can benefit from being more simple.

When I first got into hair care I would...

Pre poo (for an hour), shampoo, co wash, deep condition (for 3 hours), rollerset and sit under the dryer on cool... 2 times a week :lachen::lachen:

I would also moisturize and oil my hair daily AND rollerset every night.

NO heat, No petroleum, NO cones, NO sulfates.

Now I'm still hardcore with my hair, but I have REALXED a lot.

Lord, I don't know how I even had the time to do all that! lol

Last edited:

naturalpride

The problem with relaxing is that it only takes one error in application: time or rinsing out and there goes all of your progress!!!

Last edited:

Ramya

i'm very relaxed with my reggie! I think I only dc'd once this whole summer :eek: and I too used to be a member of the dc twice a week club :lol: my hair looks and feels exactly the same.

fluffylocks

Yay! I really love it when people are able to chill out, have a simple regimen, dont require 20 products one week 20 different ones the next LOL
I hope you continue to see great results.