My hair isn't breaking...It's BROKE. How do I proceed?

audacious1

My hair broke off in an area about 2 inches above my nape. How did it happen? A bad trip to a stylist who detangled my hair the wrong comb. By the time I realized it and stopped her, the damage had already been done, and she concealed it. :(
I try not to think about it so much because it's kind of depressing, but...

Anyway, I have a section of hair that is 3 inches in length, while the rest of my head is resting on APL.

My hair is pretty healthy otherwise. Luckily, my hair is thick, so the broken (I can't even say breakage...that's how extensive this is) section of my hair isn't noticeable. But I'm not sure where to go from here.

What should I do from here on out?

Cloud06

Since your hair is generally healthy keep taking care of it the same way. Since you have long hair to cover the back it shouldn't be noticeable and ur hair is thick. Pay special attention to the broke off area by keeping it moisturized and avoid hairstyles that pull or stress that area. I had this same problem just in a more obvious area. If you are open minded and desperate for faster growth jump on the MN bandwagon(a mix of oils and miconazole nitrate otherwise known as yeast infection cream). It is very effective at increasing growth when applied to the scalp only. Many other ladies here have tried and tested it. Hope that helps you just keep up what you doing! Good Luck!

locabouthair

Since your hair is generally healthy keep taking care of it the same way. Since you have long hair to cover the back it shouldn't be noticeable and ur hair is thick. Pay special attention to the broke off area by keeping it moisturized and avoid hairstyles that pull or stress that area. I had this same problem just in a more obvious area. If you are open minded and desperate for faster growth jump on the MN bandwagon(a mix of oils and miconazole nitrate otherwise known as yeast infection cream). It is very effective at increasing growth when applied to the scalp only. Many other ladies here have tried and tested it. Hope that helps you just keep up what you doing! Good Luck!

Hey Audacious! Where you been girl?

I agree with the bolded. Also pur more conditioner in that section and try massaging your scalp.

Lady Esquire

My hair broke off in an area about 2 inches above my nape. How did it happen? A bad trip to a stylist who detangled my hair the wrong comb. By the time I realized it and stopped her, the damage had already been done, and she concealed it. :(
I try not to think about it so much because it's kind of depressing, but...

Anyway, I have a section of hair that is 3 inches in length, while the rest of my head is resting on APL.

My hair is pretty healthy otherwise. Luckily, my hair is thick, so the broken (I can't even say breakage...that's how extensive this is) section of my hair isn't noticeable. But I'm not sure where to go from here.

What should I do from here on out?

I am sorry you went through this. Some stylists just cannot let go of those tiny combs. :wallbash: I would give this broken section special attention when detangling, conditioning, and handling in general.

Perhaps you can loosely braid it at night. When you wear the rest of your hair out, maybe you can have that portion cornrowed and concealed, as a protective style for the broken hair. I think JenniferMD did something like that when she first started nursing her nape.

Don't be discouraged. I had patches and bald spots from severe damage when I first started my hair journey, and now my nape is thriving. HUGS!

audacious1

I am sorry you went through this. Some stylists just cannot let go of those tiny combs. :wallbash: I would give this broken section special attention when detangling, conditioning, and handling in general.

Perhaps you can loosely braid it at night. When you wear the rest of your hair out, maybe you can have that portion cornrowed and concealed, as a protective style for the broken hair. I think JenniferMD did something like that when she first started nursing her nape.

Don't be discouraged. I had patches and bald spots from severe damage when I first started my hair journey, and now my nape is thriving. HUGS!

Thanks LadyEsquire!

Ya know, this is somewhat discouraging though. I hadn't had any "major" setbacks until this...:ohwell: