My Hair Isn't Doing Too Good..Need Help!

CheerShorty07

My Hair Isn\'t Doing Too Good..Need Help!

<font color="red"> </font color> Hey Guys! Just decided to drop in.. by the way this is Tierra... i just got a new screenname because I couldn't remember my old one! But anywayz... my hair isn't doing too good at all. Its becoming dry... and I don't understand why. Yes, I do use heat in my hair.. everyday, and I know that's not good. But I do have a birthday coming up next week, would the Revo-Styler be a good alternative? As some of yall know, I've been trying to grow my hair out for a while.. here's a little update: About 3 weeks ago... i went to go get my relaxer. After the relaxer, my hair was to my collar bone. I only had a couple of split ends, but when the lady cut it... she trimmed it all the way up to my ear!! I wuz so0o pissed off, so by the time she finished, I had my mom pay her, and I walked out. I kno, I know... temper tantrum. But if yall woulda saw how I looked.. yall prolly would have felt the same way! I worked so hard to get my hair that length.. and she just cut it... /images/graemlins/mad.gif Well... if you guys have any advice on how to get my hair longer again, and not so dry.. hit me up! Much Luv.. *~Tierra~*

LondonDiva

Re: My Hair Isn\'t Doing Too Good..Need Help!

Welcome to the board.

You may want to limit your use of heat daily to maybe about once a week minimum or so. I know that sounds hard to do , but a lot of the ladies on here successfuly manage their relaxed hair without the use of heat.
How often do you wash your hair? And do you condition your hair after every wash?

With the amount of heat styling you do I would maybe suggest that you use Motions CPR for a deep conditioner every 4-6 weeks or when you have breakage and Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise on a weekly basis. Both work best when left under a shower cap and placed under a dryer on a low setting for 20-30 minutues. My hair went through a very dry spell the other week from mineral oil product build up and a god shampoo and deep conditioning turned my hair around.

Hope that helps:)

henrilou

Hi. I am not relaxed, but I can relate to the stylist cutting off your length. Next time: 1. Get your mom to trim it at home, OR 2. WATCH the stylist closely and speak up AS SHE'S CUTTING.
I do not mean to assume things, but by your poster-name and the fact that your mom paid, I'm thinking that you're in High School and you use heat every day because you want to have that "look". Ok, but you can't use heat everyday AND have long hair. Look into WRAPPING your hair at night for a natural bend and also some cute up/do's. Honestly that's the only way to get length back. Maybe you could ask for braids for your b-day.... I'm not trying to get into your business, it's just that I've been there.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Lose the heat, girlfriend. Or at least limit your use to a few times per week. Wrap your hair at night or loosely set your hair with soft rollers that are covered with satin. Solar Rollers are nice. Hype Hair make some good ones, too. I've seen them both Wal-Mart and Kmart.
I don't know if the Revo Styler works. I've never tried it. But judging by the number of them availabale on Ebay, my answer would be 'no'. /images/graemlins/cool.gif
Or maybe they are just trying to get rid of the second one. I never understood why they make you buy two...

thatscuteright

I second everything that everybdy has said!
The heat is eating your hair up, and causing unecssary damage, You should definitely look into roller setting , wrapping, or twisting your hair at night into pin curls, they give you very sexy curls and can be done in less than 5 minites. You might also look into flat twisting your hair, this will give you a nice wavy texture and can be done in les than 5 minutes also. The revo styler looks damging to me , and think that you should limit the amount of time you wear your hair out , and incoporate protien treatmetns.

hairfanatic

Hi CheerShorty07,

I'm sorry to hear about your hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif What kind of relaxer are you using? It is said that the no lye relaxers are very drying. Look on the home page to see about getting Shamboosie's book. It is very informative. Although I'm no longer relaxed, but I wished I had the book when I was. It also talks about using heat. Also, stay on this board because you will learn a lot that WILL change your hair and how you view it forever.

What kind of products are you using? How often do you wash? Have you done a deep conditioner? How do you wear your hair?

BlkMane

Hey, Shorty.

Sorry about the haircut. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I know how you feel.

You need to post your EXACT hair routine and the products that you use. Be specific.

What do you do to your hair at night?
How do you style it after washing?
How often do you wash?
Do you deep condition?

After getting your answers, I'm sure a lot of the ladies on this board will be able to help you.