My Hair Journey Since 2011 with Pics

trinity8mod8

Hi, I just subscribed to the forum a few days ago and I wanted to share my hair journey so far after finding and lurking on the form since 2011. I started transitioning when I found the tightly curly book on Amazon and started doing wash and gos only and leaving in rinse out conditioners because that is what Terri suggested in her method. I didn’t like transitioning because I really wanted to see my curl pattern and so I big chopped after like 2 or 3 months after my last relaxer. That left me with like 1 or 2 inches of hair, but surprising I liked having a short style and I’m glad that I got the chance of figuring out how to deal with my hair from shorter to longer lengths.

Towards the end of 2011 I got sick of wash and gos, getting frequent SSKs and wetting my hair nearly every day so I stopped doing the tightly curly method and started trying to figure out the methods, tools and products needed to do roller sets, twist outs and braid outs.

In 2012, I mainly focused on doing twist outs because it was simple for me and I liked the look after practicing the method and figuring out that I needed to re-twist every night. I ended up trying out the whole straightening your hair with keratin products thing last year too but using heat dried out my hair too much. So after straightening like 2 or 3 times I stopped. I’m surprised that I didn’t get heat damage because I borrowed my mother-in-law’s straightener and I had no idea what the temperature was set to because it only had numbers up to 5 on it lol :spinning:

So in 2013 my hair goals are to just leave my hair in twists or braids and put it into a bun or ponytail most of the time because I noticed that even though I love doing twist out styles my ends need to be trimmed too often and I want to retain as much growth as possible. My goal is to make it to BSL this year from almost APL, but ultimately I want to grow my hair to at least waist length. So that’s my story and I’m glad to be here :)

Attachments

• image 1.jpg
    image 1.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 210
  • image 4.jpg
    image 4.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 200
  • image 7.jpg
    image 7.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 196
  • image 11.jpg
    image 11.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 215
  • image 8.jpg
    image 8.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 220

trinity8mod8

sherrimberri lamaria211 and lacreolegurl

thanks for welcoming me here and your compliments :)

I'm glad to be part of the community. I'm glad I finally decided to sign up this year. I really wanted to participate in the challenges. I've needed encouragement lately so that I don't go crazy and chop off my hair lol

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Your curls are beautiful! It's gonna be fun watching you reach your goal. Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

trinity8mod8

Ogoma and bellebebe

thanks ya'll

Welcome, welcome, welcome. We have similar goals for the year.

Yeah I can't stop thinking about getting to BSL. The first year of my hair journey I was obsessed with hair growth and was watchin youtube videos everyday lol. I bought every growth oil product that had good reviews. I tried gro-aut oil, wild growth oil, sulfur oil and the greenhouse effect. Last year I sort of calmed down about growth but now I'm freakin out again. I'm enjoying the journey but I'm like BSL come on already lol :lol:

Ogoma

@Ogoma and @bellebebe

thanks ya'll

Yeah I can't stop thinking about getting to BSL. The first year of my hair journey I was obsessed with hair growth and was watchin youtube videos everyday lol. I bought every growth oil product that had good reviews. I tried gro-aut oil, wild growth oil, sulfur oil and the greenhouse effect. Last year I sort of calmed down about growth but now I'm freakin out again. I'm enjoying the journey but I'm like BSL come on already lol :lol:

I just think once I get to BSL all my styling challenges will be gone. I know I am in for a rude awakening :lol: .

I am a chicken so I have not tried any topical growth aids; the sulfur in most of them scares the bejesus out of me. I used Viviscal for much of last year, but I didn't think it was worth the cost. I started on Nature's Life Marine Collagen this year as it was highly recommended by a member here, it purportedly has benefits for the skin as well, and it is much cheaper.

trinity8mod8

coyacoy TalkTru Mai Tai and HairPleezeGrow
thanks everybody for the encouragement :)

I just think once I get to BSL all my styling challenges will be gone. I know I am in for a rude awakening :lol: .

I am a chicken so I have not tried any topical growth aids; the sulfur in most of them scares the bejesus out of me. I used Viviscal for much of last year, but I didn't think it was worth the cost. I started on Nature's Life Marine Collagen this year as it was highly recommended by a member here, it purportedly has benefits for the skin as well, and it is much cheaper.

Well I know even at BSL I will still be style challenged. I still can't do a nice rollerset. I've tried curlformers and got better results but nothin spectacular. But they are so expensive so I was thinkin of just getting the cheap ones on eBay that are only $30 for extra long ones. I'll probably end up buying them at the end of the year to celebrate :grin:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I tried the Nixon Recharge vitamins (I think that is what they were called) based on some posts here about a few members getting really good growth from them. But they didn't work for me so I think I stopped after 2 months cause they were sort of expensive for me :ohwell:

Yeah, in a perfect world everyone's hair would grow at least 2 inches a month and we wouldn't have to torture ourselves for years trying to reach our hair goals lol :lachen: :lol:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Welcome to the posting side! :D I loooove your hair! Your curls looks so moisturized and juicy. Very nice.