My hairline..a few progress photos

Misseyl

That's a tremendous amout of growth. Just what the doctor ordered. If I had the money this would be something I would love to do.

I was looking for plugs but I don't see any. Long time ago I knew of a man who had transplant and wherever they put the hair you would see a hole. Your doctor did a fantastic job. I have a few questions, did it hurt a lot, how many times did you visit the doctor and how much did it cost?

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
That's a tremendous amout of growth. Just what the doctor ordered. If I had the money this would be something I would love to do.

I was looking for plugs but I don't see any. Long time ago I knew of a man who had transplant and wherever they put the hair you would see a hole. Your doctor did a fantastic job. I have a few questions, did it hurt a lot, how many times did you visit the doctor and how much did it cost?

Misseyl

I didn't hurt a lot at all. Just when I got the injections to numb the area. I forget the exact amount but I think it cost me $4800.00 and I went to the dr. twice. Once for a consultation and then for the procedure. I am due to go back next month for a check up.

almond eyes

I have a colleague that would really use the help of this doctor. Can you pm me the details. Many thanks. Your hairline looks great.

Best,
Almond Eyes

ajoke

Thank you for sharing. The improvement is amazing. How long did the procedure take, and what did you dowith your hair after the transplant?

Fine 4s

@Misseyl

I didn't hurt a lot at all. Just when I got the injections to numb the area. I forget the exact amount but I think it cost me $4800.00 and I went to the dr. twice. Once for a consultation and then for the procedure. I am due to go back next month for a check up.

Anonymous1

Can you PM me the docs contact info or website info?
Is this like the Bosley hair transplant folks (the ones bald men go to)?

Tks!

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
I have a colleague that would really use the help of this doctor. Can you pm me the details. Many thanks. Your hairline looks great.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Thank you for sharing. The improvement is amazing. How long did the procedure take, and what did you dowith your hair after the transplant?

The procedure took about 7 hours from start to finish. I just wore my hair down and straight for about 2 weeks and then got a sew-in leaving the entire hairline and transplant area out.

Anonymous1

Can you PM me the docs contact info or website info?
Is this like the Bosley hair transplant folks (the ones bald men go to)?

Tks!

It's not like Bosely. It's just one doctor. He is out of New Orleans.

www.myhairbacknola.com is where you can get some information

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
It's going great! I will update in a few weeks. I have to get my dh to take the pictures. It's been a little over nine months and I can now wear a ponytail

diegorgeous

Hi OP what wonderful progress!you must be thrilled!!
I also had this same condition. I was sick and tired of hiding my edges and had a hair transplant in June 2012? I'm 3 months post OP now and the wait is killing me :sad: . I know it takes a while. So far I can see some fuzz but I'm not sure if that's what was there before the transplant

. May I ask how many grafts you had transplanted.? Mine was 1250 and cost like $5700 from a reputable doc in NY. i came down all the way from the UK to have it done. expensive but worth it I hope.

Other question is, are you relaxed or natural? i was told not to relax thAt area until there is significant growth and because of this i havent relaxed my hair for 3 months!. i guess ill just relax the reest and leave the front portion

Thanks!!

growinghealthyhair

diegorgeous said:
I also had this same condition. I was sick and tired of hiding my edges and had a hair transplant in June 2012? I'm 3 months post OP now and the wait is killing me :sad: . I know it takes a while. So far I can see some fuzz but I'm not sure if that's what was there before the transplant

. May I ask how many grafts you had transplanted.? Mine was 1250 and cost like $5700 from a reputable doc in NY. i came down all the way from the UK to have it done. expensive but worth it I hope.

Other question is, are you relaxed or natural? i was told not to relax thAt area until there is significant growth and because of this i havent relaxed my hair for 3 months!. i guess ill just relax the reest and leave the front portion

Thanks!!

Good luck! How is it going Anonymous1 and diegorgeous

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar

Thanks!!

I can't remember how many graphs I had done but i think it was more than 1250 and it cost 4500.00. I am 16 months posts with a few relaxed ends left.

My progress is going great. It will be a year for me in December. I don't think my hairline will ever be a full as the rest of my hair because I'm not relaxing anymore but I can wear my hairline out.

I will have some pictures later. My photographer (my nine year old) needs to "free up" his schedule to take my pcis:lol: He said he has school stuff to do everyday that keeps him "super busy":ohwell::lol:

BostonMaria

Wow!! Amazing results! So glad that this procedure worked out for you.

Sent from my iPhone 10 using LHCF

growinghealthyhair

Anonymous1 said:
I can't remember how many graphs I had done but i think it was more than 1250 and it cost 4500.00. I am 16 months posts with a few relaxed ends left.

My progress is going great. It will be a year for me in December. I don't think my hairline will ever be a full as the rest of my hair because I'm not relaxing anymore but I can wear my hairline out.

I will have some pictures later. My photographer (my nine year old) needs to "free up" his schedule to take my pcis:lol: He said he has school stuff to do everyday that keeps him "super busy":ohwell::lol:

Thanks for updating . I hope to have this procedure done soon!

Anonymous1

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
FYI--I think my progress has slowed and I don't think I will get a full full hairline. Well I don't think it will be as full as the rest of the hair on my head. Since I'm not relaxed any more, I can tell their is a difference. It just seems thinner to me because my natural hair is so thick. Maybe it will over time. I don't know. But it was worth it.

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
It's going great but it's still not as full as the rest of my hair. I really don't think it ever will be, not that I am now natural. I can wear a ponytail now and be comfortable. I still baby my edges and the continue to thicken and get longer

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
@supreem27 Congrats to you.

Here is my hairline today. I will admit that I slacked off with my emu/castor oil mix that I massage in daily but now I'm back on track. They're still filling in. It's a very long process but I'm still excited that I can pull my hair back. I still think it will always seem thin compared to the rest of my hair. How's it going for the rest of you ladies?