my hair's getting shorter???

my regiment: DC 2x a week once with silicon min the other with ORS replenishing pak. I prepoo with vatika coconut oil or with ORS hair mayo, I add herbs to my hair and let it sit for 1hr before I deep condition. I only wash with shampoo once a month since the herbs already clean my hair and I moisturize once a day with a mixture on ORS olive oil (in the bottle) and water...(I mix it in a spray bottle and apply to my hair) Usually my hair is lightly braided btw DCs.

Ok..so here's the problem. My hair has been thriving with my regiment, however I've noticed that it gotten shorter...???:perplexed I can't figure out how, my hair does shed ( because of the herbs) but does shedding affect the length, I thought it just took out hair that reached the end of its growth phase....

Also I have new growth so might that be the reason why...It's not alot though barely 1/2 inch since I relaxed my hair like 3 weeks ago....

any ideas maybe something with my regiment, the way I wash my hair? :blah: what should I do? I know it's minor but I'm freaking out :pullhair:

teacherjess

It may be shrinkage. I get mad shrinkage even with just 1/2 in of new growth. It looks like my hair doesn't grow at all until I get a relaxer at the end of my stretch and then its like *BAM* 2 1/2 to 3 inches of growth. Wait it out and continue to baby your strands. Good luck!

OK...thank you guys... I will wait and see what happens, I'm fairly new to this hair care thing so I get worried pretty easily :look:

LaToya28

It's most likely due to shrinkage. If you had enough breakage to cause your hair to seem shorter, you'd definitely notice. Don't worry, you're ok.