My latest hair embarrassment.

Fine 4s

I bumped into someone I inspired to grow healthy long hair who was with a newbie friend of hers still learning about the dos and don’ts of hair care. She stated that she had told her friend about me and might have even showed her some pics (ya'll know my length check pics.) We talked about all the products we used, the techniques and how she thought I was nuts when I first mentioned co-washing. My acquaintance's hair was in a funky black fro which stretches to APL headed towards BSL soon I'm sure.

Since I was rockin' a twist-out, she asked if she could stretch my hair to show the length to the newbie. My head was lowered as I was writing so I casually rose it cockily puckered my lips and shook my head in accord and put my head right back down. This gave her free reign to pick any section she wanted. In my mind (to outsiders at least) all my hair could stretch to my thighs.

Lawd have mercy, she picks from my right front panel (in front of my ear) to stretch. All I saw were her fingers coming towards that section, grabbing a clumped section of hair, and stretched. The newbie's eyes as wide as the sun eagerly waiting to see the super long stretched strands grazing my thighs. Everything happened in slow motion it seems. I immediately looked down again praying for the moment to pass. Ladies, that strand barely reached APL-BSL *wamp, wamp, wamp* *crickets* Even my hearing shut down it seemed cuz I didn't hear anything, no 'wow,' no 'that's really long' nothing. More like a faint and disappointing 'see' or maybe it was an 'humph.'

It's my WORST section ya'll! :wallbash: The front of my hair is the shortest while the right side is even shorter than my whole head. When I want to show length I grab from the BACK left of right panel. This happened on Saturday and until now I can feel the tingling sensation on my scalp where she stretched the strands.

That right side is psychologically traumatized now.

*CherryPie*

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Wow! That story is hilarious!

Did you stretch a different area to show her the long hair? Or did she just go away disappointed? :lachen:

All in all, that was funny!

wheezy807

I would have played it off and told her she needs to grab the long piece and would have proceeded to do so. Im sure you will probably run into her again. Dont worry, if shes not impressed by your gorgeous hair there are plenty of us here that are. Including myself.

Fine 4s

Girl, I just pretended it didn't happen. Only NOW am I coming out of the nightmare to write this. The thought of it makes me laugh though....what can you do?

Honi

There is no board.
:lachen: You should have said that is not the longest part of my hair. Grab a back section :lachen:

Ediese

lol I could definitely see how that'd be embarassing. lmbo

What did you do? I would have mentioned something about having layers, and then pulled from a longer section.

Janet'

LMBO...I hate that this happened, but seriously Fine4s, how many of us has hair that is one length...I know for myself, I'm heavily layered and the although the longest pieces are below APL (which is still nothing), my shortest are chin length...I imagined that happening to me and I can understand the nightmare...But, what can you do...Question: Did she pull another longer portion of your hair to show your true length?

ms.blue

I needed a laugh so thank you Fine4s for this story....out of your whole head she had to take the shortest side to show the newbie but anyways apl/bsl is still long in my imo.

angelc

Loved how you wrote that! :lachen:
I could actually see the scene play out...BSL *IS* Long to me too!

lolascurls

Isn't it just TYPICAL that she would pick that section?
My friend did an impromtu length check on my bantu-knotted hair last weekend and thankfully she picked a back section (*Phew!*)
She was like "wow", I was like, "Thank God"! lol

caribeandiva

Human being
cute story but it's not embarrassing to me. you should've just asked her to pull a back section because you have layers.

Missigirl

You are a wonderful writer!!! I could see it just as it was happening........I really like the slow motion part.

You should have said......oh that was just one side.......take a look on this side. Or next time don't let them choose you pick the side you want to show. Don't feel bad....I have a spot I am still working on.:yep:

bimtheduck

I'm sure if your friend hadn't built it up so much it would not have felt so anti climatic. I'm sorry you felt so embarrassed but your shortest piece was probably way longer than the other lady's longest piece and even if it wasn't exactly what she expected she was probably still impressed.

Last edited: