My Letter to Motions

LondonDiva

You go girl /images/graemlins/clap.gif That sure told them. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I can't wait to see their response.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: My Letter to Motions (Mizani)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I'll draft an email to Mizani by Friday for you Mizani users! Companies can't try and get one over on my fellow LHCF-ers; we are up on our hair products!!!

What's the email addy for Mizani?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thanks Ms. Kenesha. You might just make a good attorney one day too! Here is the email address I have:

[email protected]

Tara

Crystal said:
adrienne0914 said:
girl, we forgot to even mention that! i'm gonna have tara call him back. he's REALLY gonna regret giving me his phone number!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!!!! How could ya'll forget that part? I can see ya'll now on the phone... just going for some, scaring that poor man. Tell Detective T. I'm taking back a piece of her crown for forgetting that one.

Collect the emails and email them to hiim, so he can see for himself. That poor guy is probably traumatized now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now girl, you are killin' me!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif But check it out

1. When I called I was very polite and professional, so he's not scared, in fact he said that we made some good points and he could see where we were coming from.

2. MY personal issue was with the Comic Strips. They are/were available for public viewing, and they were simply disgusting. But we know how I feel about them. Therefore when I spoke to Ronn, I feel I addressed what I wanted to address.

3. When I sent them an e-mail, I addressed BOTH issues of customer service as well as the comic strip.

But, if you are interested in writing them about their ebonics laced e-mails, girl, I can give you the number to Motions /images/graemlins/wink.gif

As for myself, I feel I've done more than my share to be proactive. Now, I'm on to investing with companies that can/do appreciate my business and talking with you about writing and publishing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take Care /images/graemlins/grin.gif

p.s. Alberto Culver (who owns Motions) just called me back with the Stock Symbol info. So if you are interested in that company, might as well own stock in it if you can. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Crystal

Tara said:

Now girl, you are killin' me!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif But check it out

1. When I called I was very polite and professional, so he's not scared, in fact he said that we made some good points and he could see where we were coming from.

2. MY personal issue was with the Comic Strips. They are/were available for public viewing, and they were simply disgusting. But we know how I feel about them. Therefore when I spoke to Ronn, I feel I addressed what I wanted to address.

3. When I sent them an e-mail, I addressed BOTH issues of customer service as well as the comic strip.

But, if you are interested in writing them about their ebonics laced e-mails, girl, I can give you the number to Motions /images/graemlins/wink.gif

As for myself, I feel I've done more than my share to be proactive. Now, I'm on to investing with companies that can/do appreciate my business and talking with you about writing and publishing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take Care /images/graemlins/grin.gif

p.s. Alberto Culver (who owns Motions) just called me back with the Stock Symbol info. So if you are interested in that company, might as well own stock in it if you can. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what I think I will take that number or email address I'd like to know if they are hiring. I'm 3 weeks shy of my MBA in marketing and I have my Masters in International MGT so Maybe they could use someone with my qualifications. We all know my position by now, while they were tacky, I didn't find them offensive. But I still think I could do some good. so when you get a chance just shoot me the numbers or email and the stock symbol.

You all right with me Detective T. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pebbles

This is all so great! I love this forum! You guys are really a wonderful bunch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Crystal

pebbles said:
This is all so great! I love this forum! You guys are really a wonderful bunch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I told you we could be sisters without necessarily having to agree with each other. Detective T is my girl now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif She's all right.

pebbles

See, I told you we could be sisters without necessarily having to agree with each other. Detective T is my girl now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif She's all right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction: You're both alright in my book! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G

ms_kenesha said:
<font color="red">if so I would like to inform you that black people are not a monolithic group. For this reason all blacks do not speak in or like to be spoken to in the manner that you have responded in your emails. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl You GO! That's my favorite part of the whole letter. /images/graemlins/up.gif

adrienne0914

Crystal said:
adrienne0914 said:
girl, we forgot to even mention that! i'm gonna have tara call him back. he's REALLY gonna regret giving me his phone number!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!!!! How could ya'll forget that part? I can see ya'll now on the phone... just going for some, scaring that poor man. Tell Detective T. I'm taking back a piece of her crown for forgetting that one.

Collect the emails and email them to hiim, so he can see for himself. That poor guy is probably traumatized now.

[/ QUOTE ]

i probably forgot that part because that was never MY issue. his email to me was relatively professional. also, my original email only mentioned the comics, and that was my agenda.

as far as scaring him... no, we don't speak or behave like the people in their comics. so he was quite comfortable and spoken candidly with us. both of our conversations ended on positive notes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Crystal

adrienne0914 said:
Crystal said:
adrienne0914 said:
adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i probably forgot that part because that was never MY issue. his email to me was relatively professional. also, my original email only mentioned the comics, and that was my agenda.

as far as scaring him... no, we don't speak or behave like the people in their comics. so he was quite comfortable and spoken candidly with us. both of our conversations ended on positive notes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay Adrienne, Well I'm really glad that you handled it so professionally.. by Tara's post it seemed like you guys had him on his toes... nonetheless glad you're such a professional and got YOUR issues addressed and didn't have to speak like the folks in the comics... good for you and good for ending on positive notes... that's what life is all about... positivity /images/graemlins/look.gif.

Tara

adrienne0914 said:
adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thank You! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crystal

Tara said:
adrienne0914 said:
adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thank You! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....you guys are a trip.

adrienne0914

Crystal said:
Okay Adrienne, Well I'm really glad that you handled it so professionally.. by Tara's post it seemed like you guys had him on his toes... nonetheless glad you're such a professional and got YOUR issues addressed and didn't have to speak like the folks in the comics... good for you and good for ending on positive notes... that's what life is all about... positivity /images/graemlins/look.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, ioanknow boutchoo, but i can have someone "on his toes" AND be professional. can't you?

we are a trip? girl, i like your nerve... i wrote to the company about MY issues with them. i spoke to the man about MY issues with them. it's funny that you're suddenly so concerned about making sure everybody up in here was represented to Motions when you weren't even bothered enough to write.

of course life is about more than positivity, but it doesn't hurt.

adrienne

Crystal

adrienne0914 said:
Crystal said:

[/ QUOTE ]

well, ioanknow boutchoo, but i can have someone "on his toes" AND be professional. can't you?

we are a trip? girl, i like your nerve... i wrote to the company about MY issues with them. i spoke to the man about MY issues with them. it's funny that you're suddenly so concerned about making sure everybody up in here was represented to Motions when you weren't even bothered enough to write.

of course life is about more than positivity, but it doesn't hurt.

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't write because I didn't care. And trust me when I say i could care less and was far from concerned about you or anyone else representing your issues to Motions. I like your nerve also to be concerned about a product you don't even use.

I can only process the information you give and from your post it sounded like you got ghetto to me, saying he was "gonna regret giving you his number"... sounded like you had the neck twisting, finger popping, She ne ne tactics going on to me. But I wasn't there. I can only process the information you give me and that's what I see. So how you percieve yourself and how you come off may not be one in the same.

Waiting for your cosigners.....

Crystal

Honey Vibe said:
Ladies? Come on. Let's not do this........

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what your right Honey Vibe, but sometimes this board is like the Stepford Wives and the minute you're not giving warm fuzzy's, ditto's, Thank-yous and ITA's and you dare disagreeeveryone wants to jump on a person... Fortunately I don't know any of these posters from Adam and can handle whatever someone throws my way.

I just find it odd that of 3 million comic circulations, 88% of the complaints came from this board.. some folks complained and Didn't even read the freaking comic or don't even use the products... I'm like can we have some original thoughts please?

All I can say is that I'm glad I can think for myself. I call it like I see it. And While I'm willing to go back and forth until the thread gets locked... I'll attempt to heed to your suggestion and let it go.... we'll see.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Hi Crystal,

It is actually more likely that complaints would come from informed forums that educate black women on hair care, like LHCF. There was a time when we all bought into the insecurities that these hair product companies put forth. Now that we are beginning to take pride in the fact that we've stopped listening to these messages and began to formulate our own unique regime of haircare, we can see these images for what they are.

I'm not sure that the quality of the product is the issue here. It is certainly not the issue from Motions's point of view; rather, it's the stress on devaluing and even caricaturizing the ethos of black women, and deliberately hijacking their hair insecurities. This is unprofessional and unethical beyond all question.

You're free to disagree, but as for me, after reading those comicbooks I will never buy another Motions product again.

pebbles

Ladies? Come on. Let's not do this........

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought all of this was settled? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/computer.gif

azul11

Honey Vibe said:
Hi Crystal,

It is actually more likely that complaints would come from informed forums that educate black women on hair care, like LHCF. There was a time when we all bought into the insecurities that these hair product companies put forth. Now that we are beginning to take pride in the fact that we've stopped listening to these messages and began to formulate our own unique regime of haircare, we can see these images for what they are.

I'm not sure that the quality of the product is the issue here. It is certainly not the issue from Motions's point of view; rather, it's the stress on devaluing and even caricaturizing the ethos of black women, and deliberately hijacking their hair insecurities. This is unprofessional and unethical beyond all question.

You're free to disagree, but as for me, after reading those comicbooks I will never buy another Motions product again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too was disappointed in the way they presented themselves. it was like they felt they had to speak in this manner to connect to a certain audience. I felt it extremely offensive. I do not see pantene or any other company doing this to their consumers. just because its a black owned company does that mean we have to get emails and cartoons from them with motions is the bomb!! come on now. i am glad there is a email campaign going around. i have emailed several comapnies about certain concerns i have had. i feel its better to be proactive instead of sitting back and not saying anything. i'm glad the company is open to hearing our voices because we are spending money on their products and they could listen to the consumer concerns and address them in a professional manner. /images/graemlins/smile.gif God bless you all.

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
I too was hurt by their comic strips and said so in my post after reading them. I didn't join in the campaign because I wasn't aware that one was going on. It probably is a good thing cos I'm trying to refrain from stressing myself. I do get fired up in the event of bad customer relationship or public relations. I have had to deal with both Verizon and McGraw-Hill publishing house. They sit up when you let them know you want value for your hard earned 'dough'
Nevertheless Crystal and Adrienne, please make up or I'll /images/graemlins/cry3.gif /images/graemlins/cry3.gif /images/graemlins/cry3.gif /images/graemlins/cry3.gif /images/graemlins/cry3.gif all day and all night long. I might even flood the LHCF
Peace

butterscotch

Ms. Kenesha:

I commend you for taking such a strong stance against Motions. As much as I like their products, I have no problem giving them up to support this cause. As a matter of fact, I remember reading you post about their comics and forgot that I was supposed to be boycotting them. This was a serious reminder that I should not be purchasing their products.

Please post their response as soon as your receive it.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I commend you for taking such a strong stance against Motions. As much as I like their products, I have no problem giving them up to support this cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. The comics are gone, but I still feel weird about Motions... What were they thinking?!
During my mini boycott, I noticed that Motions is a subsidiary of another company (Alberto-Culver?) that makes Alberto VO5 and Proclaim products. I wasn't willing to give those up...
But I figured if they got enough complaints, they would change the marketing approach for the Motions products...

Leo the CEO?

ms_kenesha

I received no personal reply, but like Alireno said they have taken down the comics. I guess they were too ashamed to directly answer my letter!