My long Box Braids I did Myself :)

tiffjust2002

Hey ladies,

I recently saw my niece and she was rocking some big super long box braids so I decided I wanted to steal her swag :grin:

This is the 3rd time I've done individuals and the first time I've done them on myself. I used 6 packs of hair I didn't cut it in half and I believe the colors were a mix of 1b and 27 I think. I bought Black N Gold 100% Kanekalon hair.

Prior to installing them I washed my hair with Miss Jessie's Super Slip shampoo twice and then deep condition with Miss Jessie's Sweet back treatment and added a little Cantu Shea Butter leave in. I let my hair air dry in a braid and added some old school Blue magic Coconut Oil Grease on the ends to seal it in (acutally on the entire hair shaft except my roots of course I left about 1-2 inches near the roots with no grease).

I also soaked all 6 packs of hair in warm water in my kitchen sink and then added 1 1/2 cups of distilled white vinegar to get rid of the alkaline that comes on the hair that makes my scalp itch like crazy. I let the hair soak for about 30 mins and I could see the film of alkaline when I took the hair out of the vinegar bath and rinsed it clean. I let the hair dry all day and I also didn't remove the rubber bands that it came with so it was easier to handle the hair in the sink.

0.jpg

1.jpg

They are super long they go down to my butt!
It took me 10 hours to do because I braid slow :lachen: