My long lost $300.00 dollars!!

BlkOnyx488

Lately I have been getting more and more junk mail mostly from financial institutions. The odd thing is they have been coming in my maiden name.

Anyway today I got this odd letter from a company I had never done business with telling me they had just updated my address information

They had my current address and my address I had almost 8 years ago.
It didn't have customer account number on
but there was an 800 number

I was a little worried that someone had done something under my name and some how they found the real me.

So I called the number and got to a real person
I was like what is this about, she said apparently you use to work for a phone company in 1999, I said I have never worked for a phone company, she said well it appears At&t had bought out one of the subcontractors you use to work for. We have been updating the information in all their old accounts.
I said, "accounts? I have an account?"
she said, "yes."
I said, "It's has money in it?"
She said, "yes"
I said, "Can you tell me how much?"
She said, "$312.50."

I started laughing like I had just won a Radio Contest!
I said, "I thought someone was stealing my Identity, this funny."

So there you have it, My long lost $300.00 has been found and is coming home to me.
Oh and to make this Hair forum Worthy
I have had my eye on an FHI hair dryer but I haven't wanted to spend the money. guess what Now I can.

Oh and before I get blasted for spending this money, I have savings
I don't have money to have fun with
this will be fun money for me and my kids
well as far as the fun will last on $300.00 bucks!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

Adaoba2012

owww!! LUCKY! I have a couple of things in mind that I could spend an extra $300 on...

*random PJ thoughts are coming to mind*

CocoBunny

Have fun!! Unexpected money is the most fun!

Lately I have been getting more and more junk mail mostly from financial institutions. The odd thing is they have been coming in my maiden name.

Anyway today I got this odd letter from a company I had never done business with telling me they had just updated my address information

They had my current address and my address I had almost 8 years ago.
It didn't have customer account number on
but there was an 800 number

I was a little worried that someone had done something under my name and some how they found the real me.

So I called the number and got to a real person
I was like what is this about, she said apparently you use to work for a phone company in 1999, I said I have never worked for a phone company, she said well it appears At&t had bought out one of the subcontractors you use to work for. We have been updating the information in all their old accounts.
I said, "accounts? I have an account?"
she said, "yes."
I said, "It's has money in it?"
She said, "yes"
I said, "Can you tell me how much?"
She said, "$312.50."

I started laughing like I had just one a Radio Contest!
I said, "I thought someone was stealing my Identity, this funny."

So there you have it, My long lost $300.00 has been found and is coming home to me.
Oh and to make this Hair forum Worthy
I have had my eye on an FHI hair dryer but I haven't wanted to spend the money. guess what Now I can.

Oh and before I get blasted for spending this money, I have savings
I don't have money to have fun with
this will be fun money for me and my kids
well as far as the fun will last on $300.00 bucks!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Kimiche

That's great news. Congrats on getting your long lost dough. I hope you like your dryer. :grin:

robot.

Wow. That's like finding 5 dollars in your pocket. Only, you found 300 in a pocket you never even knew you had!

BostonMaria

Hook me up LOL

Just be careful and make sure its not some type of scam. Please post a picture of that sexy FHI hair dryer LOLOLOL

BlkOnyx488

I know right!
I was careful not give her any information about me, and i told her to mail me stuff using the information she already had.
I was little concerned when she said that the 401K accounts didn't have an account number you just use your SSn# I was like:nono::nono::nono:

I didn't tell her nuffin bout me LOL

Hook me up LOL

Just be careful and make sure its not some type of scam. Please post a picture of that sexy FHI hair dryer LOLOLOL

MAMATO

Why did I read 300 000 $ ... I was like Geez how can she lose that much money and just forgot about it LOLOLOOLL

BlkOnyx488

That would have been amazing? maybe it could be that, someone might get a little happy with the zeros when they are cutting the check:lachen:

I wouldn't cash that I swear:rolleyes:

I bounced around to a lot of different jobs back then, a lot of companies would create a 401k without me having to contribute anything, I suspect it was one of those companies. Or this is all scam to try and sell me a timeshare in Ohio:nono:

Why did I read 300 000 $ ... I was like Geez how can she lose that much money and just forgot about it LOLOLOOLL