My Messy Updo/Bun Pics

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I was pretty down in the dumps lately about not seeing as much progress as I did in the summer time but after I realized I could do a messy bun WITHOUT any track hair added I know I did obtain some growth and fullness. YAAAY!!! (My crown is extra short so my ponies and buns normally look bad without track hair wrapped around it)

So I'd like to share pics of my new messy bun style. I get bored SOOOO fast with hairstyles but luckily I was able to experiment and finally be able to get this look I've ALWAYS wanted.

I decided that instead of pulling my hair into a tight bun that I'd go for the messy look. I just threw about 10 big rollers in it before I got in the shower this morning and took them out about 15 minutes later and finger styled it into this updo. I was so happy with the results. :yep: I never realized that rolling it up makes the difference by giving it a little volume. It kind of looks like a french braid in the back, but believe me it's not. I was just pinning it up anywhere with about 3-4 pins and a barrette.

I don't know how long this style will last for me because I'll have to moisturize with my Hawaiian Silky soon and it may go flat after that.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share!!

Attachments

• mssybn.jpg
    mssybn.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 383

Soliel185

I have no idea how you did it either, but I like it. :yep:

I've found that with a little volume and alot of pins you can fake long hair so long as you put a large 'show piece' barette on top. I call it a showpiece b/c my large barettes aren't usually holding anything in place. They're for looks only. :yawn:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I have no idea how you did it either, but I like it. :yep:

I've found that with a little volume and alot of pins you can fake long hair so long as you put a large 'show piece' barette on top. I call it a showpiece b/c my large barettes aren't usually holding anything in place. They're for looks only. :yawn:

Thanks All!

And yes, I'm learning the secret about faking it with the pins and stuff LOL. The big barette is hiding the ends of the folded up sections of hair so it appears it's much longer and tucked under.

Just think of how a Hershey's kiss is wrapped where you'd take the middle part and put a barette over it.

jasminea

Beautiful messy updo! If you are like me, I sometimes create a masterpiece and then can't figure out how to make it look like that again.

Would love to hear the steps you did to arrive at this result. Share the knowledge!

Mercie

Just pincurl it up the night before to keep the volume.

I really like the style you did. I wonder if my hair is enough to do that, and that clip is so cute. Where did you get it?