My mom's silver hair

danysedai

a bit blue at the top lol, this was after a relaxer
there's hopefor me and my gray hairs

danysedai

she gets a relaxer every 8 or 9 weeks, never flat irons or gets a blowdry, deep conditions and rollersets every weekend( and she also sleeps in rollers). This is her natural grey color aided by those color deposit shampoos for grey hair(she uses salerm but if that's not available any other will do for her). She almost always has her hair down, or uses one of those banana clips. I love her hair and think it's what sets her apart,it looks really glamorous(sp?) and regal, and she loves the attention she gets LOL

grey hair like this is actually high maintenance, it goes green with the relaxer so it has to be neutralized fast and ten apply the color deposit shampoo, it looks better after the second week after the relaxer.

I started to go gray when I was 19 or 20, just as she did, so I hope this will be my future(crossing fingers), I'm just brave enough to go this route yet(I'm 35,she's 58)

Mook's hair

I LOVE it!

I might have to take that photo to my family reunion to try and convince the older women to quit it with the dag-on black hair dye.

I hate that! I think silver/ Black & Silver/White hair is sooooo beautiful.

I can't stand seeing older women & men...65+ years old with jet black dyed hair. YUCK!

ceebee3

I LOVE it!

I might have to take that photo to my family reunion to try and convince the older women to quit it with the dag-on black hair dye.

I hate that! I think silver/ Black & Silver/White hair is sooooo beautiful.

I can't stand seeing older women & men...65+ years old with jet black dyed hair. YUCK!

LMAO! That'll be me, black until I die!:lachen::lachen:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Thanks for bumping this. I need this kind of inspiration. The only thing is once you start dying, you have to "transition" to gray and I'm afraid of the two toned look. Right now, I have just on my temples and I feel too young to have that look. I want the courage to transition to gray.