MY NEW PROTECTIVE STYLE.....and a rant!!!!!!

Mandy4610

So I blow dried my hair before getting it braided. Would you believe I can now make a bun without a sock or a bun maker thingy?

So then I went to the braider....ladies I tell you I was gonna slap that woman upside her head. Why you ask?

Well, first she was late because she had to work before getting to my hair. Then another woman shows up to get her hair braided at the same time. So the braider says she has to make my braids bigger so she can finish on time to braid the other lady. I am like, no way, I need them small so they can last longer. So this other woman decides to leave and come back later...

The braider starts with my hair, she brings out this little comb and combs the first section. I cringe and tell her I brought my own big tooth comb because I never, ever comb my hair with a small comb. She says she understand and she starts using my big comb....

Then her fascination with my hair makes her continuously "accidentally" grab the small comb. She keeps apologizing and I keep hearing the comb rip my hair. Ladies, if she had done it one more time, I swear......:angry2:

Anyway, she finished braiding, but she braided the ends too loose and I told her that she needed to fix it other wise my hair was gonna unravel. Two other women were waiting by then so she ends up passing me to her daughter to finish my hair. Anyway...long story short, I like the style, but I doubt I will go back to this braider. There was so much hair in her small comb and all over my shirt. No, ma'am, I ain't going back!

Here is the hair:

Then I decided to curl it with flexirods.

Thats it ladies....Thanks for reading my rant. I won't be going back to this braider. Imma stick with the one I always go to.

CurlsBazillion

I love your hair! the second pic with the french roll and the bang swoop is hot. I don't blame you for not wanting to go back. With seeing all these salon horror stories I'm starting to think braiders/stylists don't like long hair. The League of Long Hair Destroyers strikes again!!!

weaveadiva

way to go, girl, with speaking up about the comb and your ends :up:
the story could've ended so much differently :nono:

hair looks great, and love the bun :yep:

appplecidder

Wow sorry you had to go through all that but that style is something hot and spicy..

Sent from my MB200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

g.lo

mandy416, your hair is beautiful girl!! i will start stalking you from now!!!
please don't go back to that braider!

God bless

brownsugarbaby

I love love this style. You're right on time with this post, as I am planning to be braided up for most of the summer. Your hair looks amazing. And blessing to the braider, sometimes you have deal with the "not so great" in order to appreciate the fabulous. Go you!!

Ijanei

oooh I really like that, especially the one w/ the braids hanging to the side! But yea I feel you have a right to vent and rant. How is she going to get mad because you want to your hair a certain way to last longer, no one told her a** to book appts close together like that if she knew she was doing braids.

Overall, great look. love the style

SimplyBlessed

Beautiful....those braids look tight though...

Baby them edges... Don't want too end up like me lol
Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

alive

Mandy4610 your hair has grown soooo long!!! did you know that in my home country, women do this hairstyle all the time. it's called "patewo" which loosely translates into "clap hands" (because of the two sections meeting in the middle) :lol:

Mandy4610

@Mandy4610 your hair has grown soooo long!!! did you know that in my home country, women do this hairstyle all the time. it's called "patewo" which loosely translates into "clap hands" (because of the two sections meeting in the middle) :lol:
alive
Thanks for the compliment. Where are you from? I love learning about cultures.

alive

alive
Thanks for the compliment. Where are you from? I love learning about cultures.

Mandy4610 you're welcome :yep: I was born and raised in Nigeria (i'm from Lagos on the South Western shore). back in high school, we were required to have our hair cornrowed or braided in some fashion without extensions. patewo was one of many popular styles. another one that has a name that still cracks me up is called "shut up"

it's basically the style you have right now, except flipped to the side 90 degrees so that when the sections meet in the middle, it would look like lips that were shut :lachen: