My newgrowth is out of control !!

femalegold

I don't know what to do. I'm only 6wks out of my relaxer. I would like to use heat so bad, my hair will not sleek down and I've tried everything. Help me please!!:cry: :cry:

Brees_hair

:perplexed I'm in the same boat!!:perplexed I have been co-washing, MTGing, and using MN and my hair has grown out everywhere but the crown, it is very puffy. I am only 3 weeks post relaxer. (now I know what Sade7 meant by relaxing every three weeks--refer to the Miconazole Nitrate thread). I am going to go the Dominicans and get a good conditioner, and get it blown out, I have an event this week and I can't just pull my hair in a puffy bun. I know you don't want any heat, but there aren't many options. If that doesn't work, this upcoming week will make 4 weeks, i will have to touch up...but before any touch-ups I ALWAYS put conditioner in my hair. I would advise the same, unless you can get away with a braid out. Good luck!!

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I retouch when I get at least 3-inches of new growth (about every 3-4 months, but I sometimes go longer). However, I used to have the same issue every 5-6 weeks and would want a retouch, but I’ve learned a few tricks. ;) The most important of which is to work with the new growth rather than fight it because I would end up damaging my hair with heat or over-manipulating it. Now, I just wear a nice, full, curly hairstyle. I also experiment with different looks that takes advantage of my new fullness. :yep:

Though, because it seems you prefer straighter styles, have you tried a wet set? Roller setting is a very good way to go. The setting process stretches your new growth out. For straighter styles using less heat, just use large magnetic rollers and sit under a dryer (or air dry). The larger the curler, the straighter your hair will be (you won’t have that much curl if the roller is large enough). You may also want to try a wrap set to smooth your new growth out. I use them with great success if I need a straighter look (for a ponytail, bun, etc.). HTH

Last edited: