My One Year Progress...

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
So today I went and bought more of care free curl, got my some blue magic, and cholesterol and have some backups so I’m good for a long time lol. Cleaned out my old hair products and threw a lot of mess in the garage.
LOL! They must be working for you! And I know you appreciated how inexpensive these products are. It's a $10.00 (where I live) regimen.

BM: $2.50 -$3.00
Cholesterol: $3.00 -$4.00
CFC :approx $4.00 - $5.00

And they last a while.

Garner

God answers prayer...

34 months ago (When I was bald headed ) I asked God to restore all my hair and He did.
I know you wrote this last Wednesday, but I love your testimony!!! You are just beautiful inside and out!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!! So shiny and healthy!!! I appreciate you sharing your stash and the fact you are using products that do not break the bank. How are you using the grease and how are you incorporating Shea Butter in your regimen? TIA :)

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I know you wrote this last Wednesday, but I love your testimony!!! You are just beautiful inside and out!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!! So shiny and healthy!!! I appreciate you sharing your stash and the fact you are using products that do not break the bank. How are you using the grease and how are you incorporating Shea Butter in your regimen? TIA :)
Wow all I can say is thank you.:rose::rose:

Yeah I have been thanking God for long hair (even when I only had 2") every time I deal with my hair wether styling, washing, detangling ect. That keeps me reminded of the fact that He gave it to me and He's the one that causes it to grow. And it increases my faith that the length will only increase.

Not to suggest that this makes me a good woman (yet), lol I just give credit where it's due.

I solely use the Shea butter in the Cholesterol. I started that about two months ago and it adds a little slip. And it makes my hair easier to separate when I wash it out. I take about a tablespoon or two and melt it and add it to the whole jar of Condioner. I use about half of the jar usually. I by the Shea butter from my neighborhood hood beauty supply :afropick:

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@Garner ...How do you set/style your hair on wash day during bed time?
I keep it in the same twists that I air dried in (shown In the picture with clips on ends) and I put the activator on the twists then put my scarf on for bed.

Do you apply the grease on your ends or throughout after the activator?

In the morning (once the moisturizer aka Activator is marinated/absorbed in overnight) I sometimes add more activator then seal with Blue Magic. A little Blue Magic goes a long way. I seal all my the hair shaft ESPECIALLY the ends.

You know how ya lick the end of a thread so it can easily go through the way of a needle?...well that's how I do my ends with grease. Talk about hardly any single strands knots! That grease keeps ends slick so they don't tangle as much (if at all).

Is this done nightly and how often do you apply curl activator/grease? Hope you don't mind the questions.

Nope. I don't mind.
I do this (re-moisturize procedure) every weekend. Hair STAYS moisturized for 7 days. But I re-wash about every 3-4 weeks as of lately because I'm a little lazy. The grease and activator washes right out with no issues. I don't get buildup, just shiny hydrated hair. If your were to touch my hair you'd see that it feels very soft like a scene skein of yarn. Also you'd walk away with some very moisturized hands LOL LOL! (Joke)

No, but seriously :giggle: the hair is soft.

Throughout the weeks I just pin, roll, tuck and twist as my styles .

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@I Am So Blessed ...I see you have given us plenty of hair pics. Thanks so much!!! I know I have said this earlier, but when we share our experiences with set backs it encourages others.

Set backs and lessons learned and burned....into my memory forever.

When I started my hair journey back when nobody was talking about Black hair care. I found one black women on the internet (dial up..."You got mail") named Brenda showing off her hair progress. She wrote a book so I ordered. I followed her regimen, but I must've been doing it wrong. She washed her hair every day with conditioner and that was it for the rest of the day, no moisturized or leave in. I did it for weeks and my hair broke off yet I continued with hope...Set back.

Then I ordered Cathy Hues' book and her conditioner and my hair grew back, but not long.

A few years later I got a hold of some Care Free Curl Ativator and my hair grew/retained over a few years. I straightened it one day and I discovered that I was MBL. I was floored! FLOORED! I then became "hang time" obsessed and was addicted to flat ironing....my hair broke off. I stopped flat ironing and the hair grew to WL.

Still obsessed with hang & swang made me curious about relaxers...uh oh. So I relaxed my hair and enjoyed it although I received some scalp burns and scratched them out creating a bald spot that grew back. Being relaxed and addictted to the flat iron is not a good combination so my crown broke off....set back.

One time I called myself doing a deep condition and slept with it in my head OVERNIGHT. I woke up in the middle of the night with a severe itch in one spot on my scalp. I scratched it and dug at it with my nails through the plastic bag. Relieved from the itch I fell back to sleep. I woke up to discover that a chunk of hair came out and created a bald spot. It looked like it was shaved....set back.

But then I got entangle in a hood fight and got my hair pulled out...Set back. By the way I do not fight, but I got literally pulled into it. *watch your surroundings* which is another reason why I dont fan my long hair around, you never know what's planned for you sometimes by haters.

Once (while still relaxed and at full WL) my Sister got really angry with me and without warning pulled out my hair ...just straight pulled it out. I bet she planned that the whole time....i forgave her the next day because I love her....Another Set back.

One more: I use to wear my scarves too tight which caused a bald spot in my nape. It was the size of a quarter. A classmate pointed it out to me. I had no clue that it was there. Embarrassing....Set back.

Lessons I've learned:
"DON'T GO CHASING WATERFALLS. Just stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to"

*I had MLB hair and got flat iron happy and relaxer happy then muffed it up. Should have continued the good practices that got me there.

*I won't venture out for new products. Will continue with what I know works...no waterfall searching.

DON'T WEAR HAIR OUT AROUND ENEMIES.
You never know who's going to grab it...once they do then what? Set back.

I DON'T TRY TO PLEASE OTHERS ANYMORE, MY HAIR IS FOR ME NOW
I was only continuing to burn out my hair to get the straight look to keep my boyfriend (at the time) happy.

*Also trying to please others led me to be prideful. Swinging and flaunting my hair was getting to be a bit much. Pride comes before a fall....and I fell....many times.

ANOTHER LESSON:
DON'T ever sleep with Condioner In head overnight. Hair got so mushy that my nails could scratch it clean off my scalp. (While relaxed)

Oh, and don't wear scarfs too tight...its pulling hair unawares.

Last edited:

kupenda

Do you think shea butter would be just as helpful for you as the grease? I’ve never been a big fan of grease. I’ll try it but everything in my being is screaming at the thought of buying grease lol. I keep getting flashbacks of having my hair hot combed, sizzling, with grease. Still traumatized :spinning:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Do you think shea butter would be just as helpful for you as the grease? I’ve never been a big fan of grease. I’ll try it but everything in my being is screaming at the thought of buying grease lol. I keep getting flashbacks of having my hair hot combed, sizzling, with grease. Still traumatized :spinning:
LOL!

Shea butter would help seal moisture well I'm sure. But I trust grease :afropick:. *speaking from a person with absolutely no experience with sealing with Shea butter*

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@I Am So Blessed -okay, I got more blue magic and now I’m done lol. To go from having a lot of hair products I don’t/didn’t need to this simple regime is amazing. Thank you again :).
You're welcome and please let us know if you like it! Its really all straight forward isn't it? Moisture + seal + protecting ends = Longer hair:afropick:.

Love. PEACE and hair GREASE Y'ALL. :2inlove:

icsonia22

@I Am So Blessed do you have any pictures from your relaxed hair days up until your big chop? I would love to see a timeline of your hair's transformation. It's especially inspiring to see someone who grew up with short hair reach longer lengths later on in their journey.

SN: You should host a curl activator challenge. The juice has been helping a lot of us keep our tresses moisturized

MizzBFly

So I tried using these products and I’m going on 2 weeks now ( not intentional) but my hair is at the tail end of moisture loss. Still soft but my ends dried out.
1st week- wore twist and followed the steps highlighted above but I undid the twists the next day and used KeraVada, Eden Honey and Care Free Curls and they all contain glycerin/humectants (on different sections) followed by a gop of blue major throughout each twist, especially the end (I suffer from SSK due to HighPo.) I needed to test out all products to find the best option- still undecided
- with my high porosity hair my hair was still felt moisturized all week on Friday I wore a high twist bun
2nd week I wore my hair out from the twists in a side pony, asymmetrical look and it’s Sunday and I’m wearing it the same way. My ends have a crunch but my length is smooth not dry.
* high porosity hair looses moisture quickly period. It requires frequent moisture and responds well to layering heavy/thick creams & sealants.

Attachments

• CF692F86-851B-4CDF-9F4D-122A4915062C.jpeg
    CF692F86-851B-4CDF-9F4D-122A4915062C.jpeg
    541.4 KB · Views: 67
  • CCCF44B6-F942-450F-AD59-3D8AF45F817B.jpeg
    CCCF44B6-F942-450F-AD59-3D8AF45F817B.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 561658C2-A814-48E9-8972-D2A8D625C04C.jpeg
    561658C2-A814-48E9-8972-D2A8D625C04C.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 64

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@I Am So Blessed do you have any pictures from your relaxed hair days up until your big chop? I would love to see a timeline of your hair's transformation. It's especially inspiring to see someone who grew up with short hair reach longer lengths later on in their journey.

SN: You should host a curl activator challenge. The juice has been helping a lot of us keep our tresses moisturized
I use to have a Lot of pictures of my relaxed hair saved on my computer but I lost them. I have only two pictures and will post them soon. I did have a juice challenge back in 2010. I wish I had pictures of my TWA two years ago but I did,not take any! I could kick myself for that. But trust me that two years ago I did indeed have a twa....that I hid from the world. Dumb.
So I tried using these products and I’m going on 2 weeks now ( not intentional) but my hair is at the tail end of moisture loss. Still soft but my ends dried out.
1st week- wore twist and followed the steps highlighted above but I undid the twists the next day and used KeraVada, Eden Honey and Care Free Curls and they all contain glycerin/humectants (on different sections) followed by a gop of blue major throughout each twist, especially the end (I suffer from SSK due to HighPo.) I needed to test out all products to find the best option- still undecided
- with my high porosity hair my hair was still felt moisturized all week on Friday I wore a high twist bun
2nd week I wore my hair out from the twists in a side pony, asymmetrical look and it’s Sunday and I’m wearing it the same way. My ends have a crunch but my length is smooth not dry.
* high porosity hair looses moisture quickly period. It requires frequent moisture and responds well to layering heavy/thick creams & sealants.
Your hair is so pretty!!! Did you say you used a ""gop" of blue magic? Sounds like a lot. I once used too much and my hair did not like it. I use a pinch per section (about l a teaspoon or less/more on whole head.) If you used this amount then nevermind what I'm saying.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@I Am So Blessed- I tried it and my hair feels so happy :). I am so excited :). Thank you so much I’m mad I didn’t learn this earlier. You were holding out lol.
I'm glad it's working for you! I did not come up with using BM or curl activator per say.... these products have been used before I was ever born so I can't take credit lol. But i do know that curl activator and grease make a beautiful marriage together.

MizzBFly

I use to have a Lot of pictures saved on my computer but I lost them. I have only two pictures and will post them soon. I did have a juice challenge back in 2010.

Your hair is so pretty!!! Did you say you used a ""gop" of blue magic? Sounds like a lot. I once used too much and my hair did not like it. I use a pinch per section (about l a teaspoon or less/more on whole head.) If you used this amount then nevermind what I'm saying.
Nope. I used a teaspoon per twists then a bit more on the ends but I’m high porosity. I still haven’t washed my hair:oops:... I’m planning for today after the gym

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@icsonia22 You know what too? I am glad that I started taking pictures at this stage AT LEAST. So when I do reach hip/tailbone I'll have some kind of record. I also have that one BSL pic from July 2017 on the second page. I had no intentions on re-joining LHCF again since I left in 2011. If I had known I would have kept better records that's for sure.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Nope. I used a teaspoon per twists then a bit more on the ends but I’m high porosity. I still haven’t washed my hair:oops:... I’m planning for today after the gym
LOL a teaspoon per twist!!? You're cracking me up LOL. Your hair looks so pretty even with all the grease. I can't even tell that it's heavily greased. Grease spreads a long way so if you try a pinch per section it may feel better in your hair. What I do for my ends is put a little activator/moisturizer on the ends then grab a little pinch sometimes scraping access off on the rim of the jar. Apply over the ends. *excuse my redundancy*

MizzBFly

LOL a teaspoon per twist!!? You're cracking me up LOL. Your hair looks so pretty even with all the grease. I can't even tell that it's heavily greased. Grease spreads a long way so if you try a pinch per section it may feel better in your hair. What I do for my ends is put a little activator/moisturizer on the ends then grab a little pinch sometimes scraping access off on the rim of the jar. Apply over the ends. *excuse my redundancy*

Yeah I was being extra-it was more like a finger swipe on eas twist then another on the ends:look: my hair didn’t feel greasy though after a week it was still very soft, going on three weeks and it was soft but dry I didn’t remoisturize either which was counterproductive on my part.
Wash day- after 3 weeks of doing nothing my normal clay wash didn’t cut it and I still felt a slight coating near the roots so I used Giovanni smooth as silk shampoo ( typically feels so stripping) to bring it back normal. I used @I Am So Blessed technique again but just applied the grease right after.
-clay is my detangler and bae:2inlove: I do have some shampoos to use up but I may try a thicker clay treatment and gave it sit longer to remove these products
-I need to figure out some twist styles for these ill- parted, day an skinny twists I did:afro:
Thanks @I Am So Blessed

dyh080

Here is my six year old niece benefiting from my regime for almost two years! She had only 1 1/2" of hair when I stole her away from my Sister's awful hair care. When i started her hair care i could not put a barret in it had to resort to rubber bands. I said "No No she is not going to school having short broken hair!" I had to take over because I didn't want her to be how i was at that age with very short dry hair coveting every body else's hair.

She has high density and very fine strands. Her hair stand is quite thin/tiny compared to my thick strands yet this regimen works.

Now she shakes her head and all you hear are Barretts! She says "my hair is longer now" and she smiles and laughs! All i use for her is curl activator and cholesterol. Occasionally I'll use BlueMagic. I do her every weekend and I wash it every month.

The last pic she has my heat cap on for DC,ing.
How did you style her hair when it was only 1 1/2 inch long?I see you used rubber bands but did you simply put rubber bands around it or was it braided?

Also, please note that I renewed my subscription after 7-8 years of absence because of this thread. I remember when you were relaxed and now wanted to see your natural results. Also, I was the one who initially( I think) proposed the Jheri curl juice challenge years ago to you because I knew you were a regular user( with your funny self!). ...Please don't take that the wrong way,,,,you are the most entertaining one I remember , lol.