My Poor Pibbs Dryer... RANT

seraphim712

I asked him to be careful with my dryer and not to touch it while we were moving to our new apartment but no, DF wouldn't listen. And now the temperature knob on my Pibbs is broken. Not only is it broken but it's broken to where I don't even think any bonding could save it. DF said he'll fix it, but I doubt it can be repaired:nono: I told him this and he gets mad saying that I don't think he can do anything.

WTH???!!!

He knew how much I wanted this dryer and how much I paid for it, he knew how long I waited for it to come, but yet and still he let our friend who was helping us move put it in the back of the UHaul truck with the rest of the furniture after I specifically asked him not to touch it and that the dryer was to be put into the car and handled by me. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I'm so sad and angry right now, I feel like crying. I know I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's so unfair that my stuff had to be treated like crap when I move his things around with upmost care. What really pissed me off was how the dryer was laying off to the side with the poor knob inside the helmet part like it was unimportant...

And when I brought it to his attention, he was like "oh it must've fell off"

No you idiot!!! The knob was snapped off because you decided to throw it into a moving truck where furniture could smash into it!!!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
If his precious PS3 system was in the same situation, he'd be pretty upset as well.

Sounds like a beatdown homie. :yep:

Don't be sad :bighug:- kindly let him know where he can go online to purchase your replacement. :) I'm oh so serious.

I asked him to be careful with my dryer and not to touch it while we were moving to our new apartment but no, DF wouldn't listen. And now the temperature knob on my Pibbs is broken. Not only is it broken but it's broken to where I don't even think any bonding could save it. DF said he'll fix it, but I doubt it can be repaired:nono: I told him this and he gets mad saying that I don't think he can do anything.

WTH???!!!

He knew how much I wanted this dryer and how much I paid for it, he knew how long I waited for it to come, but yet and still he let our friend who was helping us move put it in the back of the UHaul truck with the rest of the furniture after I specifically asked him not to touch it and that the dryer was to be put into the car and handled by me. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I'm so sad and angry right now, I feel like crying. I know I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's so unfair that my stuff had to be treated like crap when I move his things around with upmost care. What really pissed me off was how the dryer was laying off to the side with the poor knob inside the helmet part like it was unimportant...

And when I brought it to his attention, he was like "oh it must've fell off"

No you idiot!!! The knob was snapped off because you decided to throw it into a moving truck where furniture could smash into it!!!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
If his precious PS3 system was in the same situation, he'd be pretty upset as well.

WHAT??!?! If it was my man it would be no boo hoo. I'd have my foot stuck right up his arse. :pyro:

Why are you venting here? Vent on him. From what you described, he doesn't even really care that he broke something that is dear to you... and that thing isn't cheap either (okay... maybe I don't give the best relationship advice... but still :nono:)

If he can't fix it, is he going to buy you another one?

I'm sorry that happened to you!

WHAT??!?! If it was my man it would be no boo hoo. I'd have my foot stuck right up his arse. :pyro:

Why are you venting here? Vent on him. From what you described, he doesn't even really care that he broke something that is dear to you... and that thing isn't cheap either (okay... maybe I don't give the best relationship advice... but still :nono:)

If he can't fix it, is he going to buy you another one?

I'm sorry that happened to you!

Oh, I vented on him and now I'm going through my depressed mode. He's tip toeing around me right now because he's scared that I'll go off on him again.
I'm not sure if it can be fixed, I'll take pictures so I can show everyone what I mean.

I'm soooo sorry this happened. I have a Pibbs too and I would be just as upset as you are. DF will just have to buy you another one if he can't fix it.

I'm soooo sorry this happened. I have a Pibbs too and I would be just as upset as you are. DF will just have to buy you another one if he can't fix it.

I really hope he can fix it. I was planning on DCing tonight, but I guess that has to be postponed.

Wow, I'm so sorry this happened. I love my Pibbs and would be very upset if it got broken or damaged.:nono:

I hope there is some way for it to be fixed. If not, he owes you a replacement ASAP.

aww man girl, i know u wanna smack him!..yeah try the pliers...hopefully that will work and seeif he will pay for a new hood...

aww man girl, i know u wanna smack him!..yeah try the pliers...hopefully that will work and seeif he will pay for a new hood...

I did, but I think the guilt is taking its toll on DF; he's starting to see why I was so upset about the knob. Considering that the knob belongs to a $200 hair dryer (he noticed the price of it on the imperial sales site.)

OP, here's a site where your DF can purchase a new knob for your dryer:
http://www.salonspafurniture.com/pd_visor.cfm :grin:

Thank you so much! I was trying to find a site that had replacement parts. I don't mind if he replaces the knob because neither of us can afford to spend $200 on another dryer(and the dryer works fine; thank goodness),but he will have to fix it since he broke it.

These are some of the reasons why I love LHCF: The OP had a problem, and the ladies provided support AND a solution :clap:.

OP, I'm glad that someone was able to help you find a way to replace the broken knob.

Tell him don't be sorry, just fork up that cash. I'll be DAMNED!! That's why I hate the Homeboy Movers, cause they smash up your ish! My mother got me a new furniture set when she deemed I was responsible enough to use coasters and take care of my stuff lol so tell me why when we moved, the Homeboy Movers just chucked my stuff in the truck, and when moving it back and forth scraped up the entire bottom of my oak furniture. I still got white streaks!!!!

Never again.

Tell him don't be sorry, just fork up that cash. I'll be DAMNED!! That's why I hate the Homeboy Movers, cause they smash up your ish! My mother got me a new furniture set when she deemed I was responsible enough to use coasters and take care of my stuff lol so tell me why when we moved, the Homeboy Movers just chucked my stuff in the truck, and when moving it back and forth scraped up the entire bottom of my oak furniture. I still got white streaks!!!!

Never again.

LoL@Homeboy Movers

That's exactly what happened to my furniture (partially the furniture's fault for being cheap plywood) But it's chipped and scrapped from rough handling.

I don't know why they feel the need to chuck stuff into the truck as if you don't want nice looking furniture...

Last edited:
When I moved, I told no one to touch Black Beauty - I transported that baby myself in my car. To avoid the same thing from happening with my husband.

OP if you want, identify what part you need and i will see if I can get it for you free or discounted or whatever charges if any.

Yup a piece of my visor broke off when I moved. Best believe its taped back on. I feel ur pain sweetie! He BEST make up for it....by giving u 300 dollars.

OP if you want, identify what part you need and i will see if I can get it for you free or discounted or whatever charges if any.

If you don't mind. I would really appreciate it. It is the temperature knob that snapped off with part of it still in the turning valve. I will post pictures of the damage.

Back