My Quick Weave: step by step (pictures included)

gorgeous86

OMG thanks for posting this!!! I never knew you could have a quickweave with hair left out. I may try this one day.

Last edited:

DarlingNikki

I heard about QW's before but never thought anything more about it....and seeing your step-by-step instructions, it made it seem so easy! Wish I had looked more into it before ruining my own hair with glue! It makes perfect sense...put glue on a cap instead of your own hair! Thanks posting!

scarcity21

thanks for starting this thread, i was actually on youtube earlier and i saw these videos, they use a showercap underneath the wig cap to prevent glue from seeping through to ur natural hair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nBUonHMTRg&feature=channel
the results
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE5_xZv8bhE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCvlx_whCS0&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIeYXtiFc_8&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8iJtw2kE-A&feature=related

Last edited:

anon123

Okay, in the back I glue the tracks horizontal, moving upwards. As I come further to the front, the tracks goes all the way around my head from temple to temple. I use my part as a guide to the way the tracks curve so that they're symmetrical on both sides of the part. Hope that helped.

Wow, this seems really easy. I think my natural hair is too puffy to slick back in a ponytail and be flat under the stocking caps, but maybe if it were cornrowed. I notice you saying that you need oil to loosen the glue. So I guess some glue does get on your skin/edges? What kind of glue do you use? Is it a special kind of oil? Thanks for the pics.

Amour

Great thread OP. And ur hair natural and weave looks great! What im curious abt is d reason d weave doesnt cum off? Is d glue on the hair a lil bit to make it stay or on d edges like a LF?

peppers01

Did you H-town divas see my post about doing each other's hair in the Hair Salon Forum? Hello?! We may as well help each other out~

oh, yeah, so if i wear QW i guess i couldn't apply my nightly growth aids, huh? Only if it were the kind that is on a cap that you could remove nightly...right or wrong?

Right, you need to get the one that comes off.

peppers01

Great thread OP. And ur hair natural and weave looks great! What im curious abt is d reason d weave doesnt cum off? Is d glue on the hair a lil bit to make it stay or on d edges like a LF?

Yeah a little bit is left out on the edges, and in the back I stretch the top stocking cap down to the very edge of my hair, and glue the first track on the one stocking cap so it seeps through and secures that the back doesn't roll up with wear and tear.

Wow, this seems really easy. I think my natural hair is too puffy to slick back in a ponytail and be flat under the stocking caps, but maybe if it were cornrowed. I notice you saying that you need oil to loosen the glue. So I guess some glue does get on your skin/edges? What kind of glue do you use? Is it a special kind of oil? Thanks for the
pics.

There's this oil that's usually by the bonding glue in the BSS, it's called Salon Pro 30 second Super Bond Remover.

I absolutely LOVE this! (yay!) :yep:

Do you reuse the tracks? Have you done this with cornrows instead?

Naw, once I take the stocking cap off I just throw the whole thing away. But if you have the time to wash the tracks, and keep them in the same order that they were in before, then I'm sure it could work.

mxdchiq86

wow!! im really gonna have to try this.

would it work with really long hair or will it be to heavy for the cap?

msdeevee

My Sis was trying to explain to me how to do this but I didn't get it til I saw your pics.

Doesn't if feel uncomfy to sleep at night? the wig caps I have feel a little tight on my head.

I would love to do this as a protective style but I'm doing the OCT/MT thing now .

What are the advantages of doing this over just buying a wig and keeping your hair cornrowed or twisted underneath?

So many questions? just curious. Your QW looked really nice and natural.

Like the woman in the YT tutorials the style was cute but to me it looked wiggy and why disn't she just get a wig? I have a wig like that.

Leesh

You can absolutely do cornrows, I have been using this method for years, it is good because you can still use your oils and aides between the rows. it makes it flatter and it lasts longer, you can also wash thru the cornrows.

Last edited:

PGirl

You just showed me how I can stretch longer! Bless you my friend! Calling all sewin ladies! Calling all sewin ladies! Here is a safer way to wear extentions that won't cost you an arm and a leg...

Thanks OP!

neenzmj

This may be a very elementary question, but what keeps the stocking cap from slipping off once you've cut it?

peppers01

Doesn't the stocking cap, eat up your edges?

Actually no it doesn't. the stocking cap isn't tight b/c I cut it where my part is and that loosens it all around.

My Sis was trying to explain to me how to do this but I didn't get it til I saw your pics.

Doesn't if feel uncomfy to sleep at night? the wig caps I have feel a little tight on my head.
Personally no it's not. With this style, I don't even wear a bonnet or scarf to bed, I just sleep on it. Surprisingly, the bonnets and scarfs flatten the curls, but I sleep on them naturally, they pin curl overnight. When I wake up in the morning, I just pick the curls out with my fingers. The stocking cap is loosened when I cut it where my part is, so it's not too tight.

I would love to do this as a protective style but I'm doing the OCT/MT thing now .

What are the advantages of doing this over just buying a wig and keeping your hair cornrowed or twisted underneath?

Truthfully, there are none, but personally, I don't like the fake look of wigs, and thanks for the compliments.

So many questions? just curious. Your QW looked really nice and natural.

Like the woman in the YT tutorials the style was cute but to me it looked wiggy and why disn't she just get a wig? I have a wig like that.

wow!! im really gonna have to try this.

would it work with really long hair or will it be to heavy for the cap?

yeah it should work. When I gel my ponytail upward, I have to curve the end around into a pin curl so that my ponytail isn't on my forehead.