My relaxed hair and I are not making it

Curlybeauty

I think you should seek a professional that you can trust.
Sometimes the best you can do isn't the best for your hair.

Good luck with what you decide, just my two cents...

Calia001

Okay I misunderstood. I thought that you went to these salons but you were self-relaxing for a significant amount of time and/or you had enough hair to trim off what hair that has kept getting relaxed.

No wonder you're having problems with your relaxed hair. You have previously relaxed hair that KEPT getting relaxed OVER and OVER again still on your head. I know we all use different techniques to restore the health of our hair but there comes a point where hair just cannot be saved and will NOT respond or only respond to a certain degree with intensive treatment. I don't think hair that's been continuously overlapped with relaxer for a long period of time can be salvaged.

If you want to go natural then great, I love natural hair and it's great that you want to try going natural as well but don't let it be a thing where you don't know how to care for your natural hair and you get fed up so you relax again. When you relax and your hair doesn't turn out the way you want it to, you go natural again and it's a continuous cycle that doesn't lead to progression. Be consistent and be sure it's something you want to do not JUST because you're fed up with your relaxed hair, especially since it'll be your 2nd time going natural.

Deciding to stay relaxed? Do NOT relax previously relaxed hair and as your hair grows out and you reformat your regimen to accommodate your healthy hair practices, snip off a good amount of the hair that has experienced intense overlapping. You should see an improvement.

YES YES, THIS IS MY WHOLE LIFE! lol

Thank you for understanding, i probably should've mentioned that above, im here like "why is no one getting that nothing is working?" important details

Im not gonna relax again. I relaxed the second time as a 15 year old with a "why wont my hair grow long?? my natural hair doesnt do ANYTHING"

now im going back to natural as a 22 year old that can batu knot, braid, do braid outs, deep conditionings and a gang of other things thanks to this board:grin:

Calia001

I chopped it!

most of it

i kinda wanna cut it all off, but my s.o said he wouldnt help me with the back if i did that

lushcoils

I don't know anything about relaxed hair, but you are soo pretty!!

I know this wasn't helpful, but I hope the ladies here will be able to aid you whether you stay relaxed or go natural. Good luck!!

Aireen

YES YES, THIS IS MY WHOLE LIFE! lol

Thank you for understanding, i probably should've mentioned that above, im here like "why is no one getting that nothing is working?" important details

Im not gonna relax again. I relaxed the second time as a 15 year old with a "why wont my hair grow long?? my natural hair doesnt do ANYTHING"

now im going back to natural as a 22 year old that can batu knot, braid, do braid outs, deep conditionings and a gang of other things thanks to this board:grin:

Calia001, I'm glad to have helped! I think sometimes we forget that there is sometimes no miracle product, that perfect product that will be a cure-all. Sometimes there isn't anything left to do other than cut.

Happy that you're going natural, I hope you honour that decision and commit to your natural hair. You can have beautiful, long hair relaxed or natural but you need to know what to do and stick with it. Hope to see updates of your progress in the future. :yep: