My Results From 2 Months Of Using Rogaine Foam

Evolving78

I don't experience dryness either. I just make sure to concentrate the rogaine on my scalp alone. My scalp is not prone to dryness. Neither is my hair so as long as I apply to scalp alone getting as little on my hair as possible I don't get dryness.
My hair is very dense and tightly packed in, so i apply it to the scalp, but around the root area of the surrounding hair gets dry, but I have dry hair to begin with. I may apply it earlier in the day, so I can apply an oil after it dries.

VictoriousBrownFlower

My hair is very dense and tightly packed in, so i apply it to the scalp, but around the root area of the surrounding hair gets dry, but I have dry hair to begin with. I may apply it earlier in the day, so I can apply an oil after it dries.
Yeah I would say try applying in the am and then moisturize and sealing in the pm. I get it on my roots too but it doesn't cause dryness but build up. Could you be confusing dryness with buildup? It does feel a bit off once the buildup starts setting in.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Probably both
Well I usually get a noticeable amount of build up by like day 3. I would say try washing your hair every 3-4 days to remove build up. Up your moisturizing dc with heat and moisturize and seal especially with things like black castor oil or any moisturizing oil. It does have alcohol in it but if you up your moisture which is what I did it shouldn't cause any real probs. I also do the loc method which may help as well.

Evolving78

Well I usually get a noticeable amount of build up by like day 3. I would say try washing your hair every 3-4 days to remove build up. Up your moisturizing dc with heat and moisturize and seal especially with things like black castor oil or any moisturizing oil. It does have alcohol in it but if you up your moisture which is what I did it shouldn't cause any real probs. I also do the loc method which may help as well.
Yes I agree. I always wash my hair 2-3 times a week, so that will fit right in. Thank you so much! When did you first noticed anything happening?

Evolving78

I have been using rogaine for many years now so I only need to do it at night. Prior to applying it, I massage my hairline (which is the only place I use rogaine) lightly with emu oil. I wait about 15 minutes then apply the rogaine foam there. I tend to spritz my hair and hairline in the mornings and at night as well. So while everything is not done in the same moments they are done daily often within minutes of each other.

In the morning, I spritz as usual and massage my hairline with emu oil. Doing things in this way, plus all the other 50/11 things Ive been doing for years has kept my entire scalp skin healthy and moisturized. I dont experience flakes or dryness or anything like that.

My faves are actually emu oil and jojoba oil. I wouldnt use any other type.

I started incorporating emu oil when I read on a website (many years ago) that it worked very well with rogaine.
Thank you! I will go to the health food store for some emu oil. I had some years ago, but I was using it just on my skin for eczema.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Can you wear braids and weaves and still use romaine?
I think if the braids are small enough you can just apply the rogaine to the part and then massage the rogaine under the braid with your finger tip.

I don't think it would work with a weave though unless your thinning is in the crown. If it's in the crown you could just leave that section out.

Zipmum

How do I start this rogaine program. Losing hair at the top of my head. I would appreciate any routine recommendations.

Attachments

• BD544FD5-F41E-464F-B728-3ABB565C8C01.jpeg
    BD544FD5-F41E-464F-B728-3ABB565C8C01.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 65
  • C4BDBB0A-06D4-44AE-936B-2C00F171ED72.jpeg
    C4BDBB0A-06D4-44AE-936B-2C00F171ED72.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 65

Evolving78

How do I start this rogaine program. Losing hair at the top of my head. I would appreciate any routine recommendations.
Welcome!
Ok before you go that route, have you seen a doctor about your hairloss and do you take medication for anything? Have you had any blood work done lately?

2. What is your hair care regimen like? Do you wash and deep condition your hair at least once a week? Do you use heating tools to dry and style your hair?

From the pics, it looks like you comb your hair a lot going back. What moisturizer, or other product do you use before you comb your hair? Do you wear your hair out, or do you wear wigs?

And do you drink a lot of water? Are you a smoker? Do you take a multivitamin?

I’m asking all of this because if we can get down to the bottom of why you feel you need to use Rogaine, you might be surprised that you may just need to make a few changes in your hair care routine and your diet.

Rogaine isn’t just used for any type of hair loss, or just dealing with hair breakage. It is used to treat Alopecia. Usually Alopecia that is similar to female pattern baldness. Depending on other forms of Alopecias one could have, it is possible Rogaine can be used. For those with CCCA, after inflammation, or scalp has healed, one maybe able to use if, if there is no major follicle damage.

Zipmum

Welcome!
Ok before you go that route, have you seen a doctor about your hairloss and do you take medication for anything? Have you had any blood work done lately?

Yes, the dermatologist provided a cream based solution. It did not work. I do take blood pressure pills and yes, I have had bloodwork done, but not yet for this year though.

2. What is your hair care regimen like? Do you wash and deep condition your hair at least once a week? Do you use heating tools to dry and style your hair?

My hair care regimen depends on the style I have my hair in. When in braids, I wash with a deep conditioner every two weeks when I change the style. When natural, I wash with biotin every 2-3 days to be honest I don't have a real routine. After chemo my hair came back with a very soft texture, so on occassion I do use curling tongs.

From the pics, it looks like you comb your hair a lot going back. What moisturizer, or other product do you use before you comb your hair? Do you wear your hair out, or do you wear wigs?

I use an oil for moisturizing. I typically use coconut oil, black castor oil... No I do not wear wigs. I do comb my hair back. I usually have my hair back in some sort of bun

And do you drink a lot of water? Are you a smoker? Do you take a multivitamin?

Yes, I drink a lot of water, I am not a smoker and I do take a daily multivitamin.

My mother has alopecia and I have the same pattern starting in my hairline. I should mention that I also had chemo therapy in 2009 - 2010 but my hair grew back. I am overweight but willing to put the right things in my diet to improve my hair.

Many thanks. sorry for the delay. I am still working out how to get around this site.

I’m asking all of this because if we can get down to the bottom of why you feel you need to use Rogaine, you might be surprised that you may just need to make a few changes in your hair care routine and your diet.

Rogaine isn’t just used for any type of hair loss, or just dealing with hair breakage. It is used to treat Alopecia. Usually Alopecia that is similar to female pattern baldness. Depending on other forms of Alopecias one could have, it is possible Rogaine can be used. For those with CCCA, after inflammation, or scalp has healed, one maybe able to use if, if there is no major follicle damage.

Evolving78

@Zipmum
Look into the benefits of taking beet root capsules, or drinking beet juice. I think seeing and reading the benefits for yourself will amaze you! And it truly works!

You need a water based moisturizer. Oil doesn’t moisturize anything. Oil is a lubricant, or a sealant. Try using a wide toothed comb as well. I can clearly see the dryness, brittleness, and breakage from the combing and not properly moisturizing your hair. See you only provide moisture to your hair every 2 weeks. That is a long time for your hair and scalp to go without moisture/hydration.

Talk to your doctor about using Rogaine.

Evolving78

Thank you "shortdub78" for the advice. What water based moisturizer oil do you recommend.
Come on the the other side of the board. If you want an Oil Moisturizer, you can use Creme Of Nature Argan Oil moisturizer, ORS olive oil moisturizer, etc. these come in a bottle and can be found at Walmart, Target, CVS, or the beauty supply store.
Have you considered going to a professional hairstylist and getting a nice sharp pixie cut? A professional would know how to work around the thinning, and you would be able to get rid of your damaged brittle ends. You should try Shimmer Lights shampoo as well. It will get rid of the yellow in your hair.

Evolving78

I want to just be natural for the moment give my hair a rest from braids. After chemo in 2009 my hair never regained its strength. Routine was every 3 days with biotin and keep oiled.
You can have a pixie cut and still be natural. It will give you the chance to wear it straight or in it’s natural state. But you will need a hair cut to get rid of the dry brittle ends.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Just felt the need to update this thread with new info I have on my situation. I feel like my issue was more nutrition related and not androgenic alopecia like I first thought. I am on my 2nd bottle of liquid vites and have seen more progress over this less than 2 months than the 8 months prior on rogaine. I felt the results I thought I had were a placebo effect more than anything. Plus I took pics in different situations that caused the results to be faulty.

These set of pics from using the liquid vites are done on freshly washed hair that has been dried in the same braids done the same way (that's how I prepare my hair to do twists later on)
Day 1
liquid vites day 1.JPG
Day 20 on liquid vites
liquid vites day 20.JPG
Day 35 on liquid vites
liquid vites day27#2.JPG

Last edited: