My rollerset sucked last night

kisz4tj

Well maybe not the actual set (I think I did a good job if I might say so myself), it took me 35 minutes, sat under a soft hooded dryer for 2 HOURS!! But it was okay because I'm thinking this will all be worth it. I wrapped it, took it out this morning and it was just ughhhh!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif It was heavy and stiff like, What the HEEZY???? I did a conditioner rinse, then I used Razac leave in and a lil IC strengthener for my ends. Where did I go wrong?? /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Crysdon

Hi kisz4tj,

You may have applied too many products. Lately, I've been using just distilled water to rollerset then after taking the rollers out, I rub coconut oil throughout. It comes out soft and bouncy.

Tracy

Try using lighter products after you wash and condition. And try using one at a time until you are familiar with the amount of product your hair likes when you rollerset.

S-Curl is usually used when you wash and wear or use protective styling and I know from using it personally that the IC Strengthener (not the regular leave in) can leave the hair sticky (probably what that stiff feeling was) when you use any more than a little.

Try lighter leave ins next time and try using one and add things from there.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kisz4tj

You use distilled water from a spray bottle and applied it that way? I'll be washing my hair tonight of course, because of this board I'm a addicted, compulsive, obsessive hmm...whatelse? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

kisz4tj

Hey Tracy
What do you use for rollersets?

Also, I went to 5th and 56th??? near the disney store looking for that hairdresser place you spoke of and couldn't find it. I work just a few blocks away.

Tracy

This is the exact address, love. I' sorry I didn't mean to have you wandering around in the street! /images/graemlins/frown.gif You can call the number underneath to get the right cross street if the one I gave you was wrong....

Hair Dressers LTD
38 W. 56th Street
New York, NY 10019
tel: (212) 581-6560

I use Motions Nourishing Leave In right now. Love this stuff! I've used Pantene, Fantasia IC Leave In Treatment (not the strenghtener) is an all time favorite of mine. I also use Infusium sometimes. I use dto use it regualrly for a long time but it stiffens my hair over time. Probably the protein.

Anyway that should give some ideas.

Crysdon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You use distilled water from a spray bottle and applied it that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

Here's a routine you can try:

1. Shampoo or condition wash.

(Optional) ACV rinse (2 tablespoons of ACV for every 8oz of distilled water) DO NOT rinse out.

2. Condition - Mix a teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in your favorite moisturizing conditioner.

3. Sit under a heat cap for 10 to 20 minutes

4. Rinse

5. Spray each section that you are going to roll (use spray bottle w/distilled water).

After dry, rub about a pea sized amount of coconut oil throughout. Wrap and sit under dry or wear it that way to bed.

kisz4tj

Crysdon &amp; Tracy, Thanks so much for your help /images/graemlins/kiss.gif, I'm starting to feel victorious again. Two weeks ago I was about to cut all of my hair off and rock a halle berry, not that my hair is damaged, I just wanted to look pretty and I've been so tired of this straggly, sticking to my scalp thin hair, no body, no life. You ladies and this board really inspire me. YOU'RE THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS /images/graemlins/violin.gif

Crysdon

Hi Kia,

I use Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.

You can get it off the internet on their web page, or at your local health food store. With shipping &amp; handling, it comes out to the same price.

Never buy the refined oil it has bleach in it. Make sure your oil is unrefined or extra virgin.

It's not heavy at all. Just scoop out a pea sized amount and rub your palms together, then apply to the hair evenly. Remember: A little goes a long way. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NOTE: The original link did not give you an option to order...I just fixed it.

sweetcocoa

To add to the others...for me personally doing a conditioner wash, followed by too many products...followed by heat leaves my hair weighted down and hard. My rollersets always come out better if I shampoo first. I think the heat from the dryer tends to 'bake' the products in your hair. I also like mixing olive oil in my conditioner(I get a mini hot oil treatment under the dryer)... and...I also use distilled water for my final rinses, acv rinses and in my spray bottles.