My Semi Curly Puff:-)

BrwnSugaBabee

Hello Ladies, I did a minor update to my album. I tried doing a curly lil puff today. I wish my hair had more curl defintion but what can ya do? If anybody can give me any tips as to how to get better curl def, your comments would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I am destined to have wavyish hair LOL :lol: . Anyway hope you like the pics!

http://photos.yahoo.com/morelonghair

Girl, your puff is too cute! I wouldn't change a thing.

Now, forget the hair for a minute. How did you get that beautiful skin?

Nay said:
Girl, your puff is too cute! I wouldn't change a thing.

Now, forget the hair for a minute. How did you get that beautiful skin?

Thank you! As for my skin i dunno its probably the hair vitamins I have been taking LOL and good ole carrot juice, Though I ran out a few days ago :ohwell:

I'm going to have to second Nay-your skin is absolutely flawless! Just a amazing. As far as the puff, it looks great already but I used to get curl definition by "shingling" the puff hair with a curl enchancing gel and some water.

I agree w/Kristina. You could try shingling but it seems it is a time consuming process. There was a thread on it not too long ago. Maybe I'll try to bump it now....

But I like the puff the way it is, it's very cute!

nurseN98 said:
I agree w/Kristina. You could try shingling but it seems it is a time consuming process. There was a thread on it not too long ago. Maybe I'll try to bump it now....

But I like the puff the way it is, it's very cute!

Thank you! By the way I love your puff! *trying not to hate* LOL :lol:

BrwnSugaBabee said:
Thank you guys!:0) Kristina, what exactly is shingling?
The term comes from the ladies at curve salon but I used to do this before I even knew about curve. Shingling (at least the way I do it) is when you take hair that is wet or slightly damp, apply a gel or pudding that enhances curl to small sections and then smooth the section downward with your fingers. I don't use heat. This gives me great curl definition and gets rid of the frizz. HTH.

Thank you for the reply, I just checked out your album and your hair is soo pretty! I love the bantu styles when its down and the updo! i have tried to do it but i never get my waves to come out right. Maybe they will know how to do it at my salon :look:

I do a modified version of the shingling for my wash and goes every morning. I apply my product all over and then work back though in sections using my denman brush or the k kutter and my fingers. Much less frizz and much more curl definition. Some times I apply the product section by section but I run out the house like Dagwood every morning so I am usually pressed for time. If I were going for length I might do the entire thing with the blow dryer but right now I'm not worried about shrinkage. Btw...you hair and skin are very pretty. Thanks for sharing. :)

Back