My Story & Healthy Hair Growth Challenge

Hi, I'm new here. Just wanted to tell my story and hope some of you will join me in my hair growth challenge. My hair is fine 4a/3c sensitive around my edges. I'm losing my hair
thanks to stylist being too rough, not trimming my ends properly and tight cornrows is thinning out my hair. I keep trying new stylist but nobody knows what they are doing and keep damaging my hair. My hair grows but stops because of the damage.

I really want to cry and give up. I am starting to trim my ends and about to do an aphogee treatment 2 step this week to try to repair it. I would like some of you to please join me in a healthy hair growth challenge please. I want to start in April. I will post a pic of my current length and products I will be using, routine etc.

These are pics of my damaged hair below. Thank you for your time.

IMG_20160225_065840.jpg IMG_20160225_070852.jpg IMG_20160225_070902.jpg

fifigirl

No need crying over spilled milk and hopefully you are not a quitter!

First thing first, you need to stop relying on there people to do your hair! Just because the person works at a salon don't mean they know how to take care of hair! Learn how to do your hair yourself!

If you must braid, do it yourself, if you need to trim your hair, theres no other reliable person but yourself! I really don't think it's about products or going on a challenge to grow your hair out (we already have loads of challenges here)....you can go on you tube, there are so many videos on diy braiding, weaving. or taking care of your hair...try to know your hair and understand it and what it's saying to you at every moment, be good to your hair and your hair will thrive! We are all here to guide and support you! :bighug:

faithVA

Welcome to LHCF. Sorry to hear you are going through a rough spell. I am the Queen of setbacks so trust me when I say I know how you feel.

The good news is you recognize the problem and it sounds like you have an initial action plan to turn it around.

I agree with the previous poster about leaving the stylist alone at least for a while.

I also agree about joining an existing challenge. There are plenty of challenges and you would be welcome in any of them. You will get plenty of support.

Kindheart

Honey I know how you feel ,you will gain all the knowledge you need over here .A lot of us have been through trials and errors . Post your regime ,perhaps there s something else that is leading your hair to break off ?do you moisturise it often ? How is your diet like ?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Welcome! Join one of our existing challenges please. Do lots of research and of course ask any questions. You just need to find the right protein and moisture balance for your hair, keep your ends healthy, be gentle, lessen stress and eat right. You will be fine.

Post your regimen including all products, styles, and techniques, current length, goal length. That way we can give initial recommendations. :yep:

My hair is now shoulder length. I have decided to relax my hair so I need a new regimen. My natural hair looks full and I love the texture. Honestly my hair is not making any progress. I want my waist length hair back! I can't deal with this natural hair myself and people in my country don't know anything about proper care of natural hair. I am tired of those fairy knots! Tangles! Shrinkage! This hair is a pain in the butt. So I will eventually relax my hair I think this is the only way it is going to grow. Texlax seems tricky. The only bad part is my hair is thin so its going to look even thinner smt and the new growth will be a pain.

I am not dealing with this nuisance anymore. I dont have the time or patience. Nobody in my country knows how to handle natural hair. Products help but not enough. Natural hair is pretty but the knots, tangles, shrinkage, time consuming etc is too much. I love simplicity. Relaxed hair will be thinner and boring but I can work with this type of hair better. I used products that gave slip, moisture, helped with breakage etc. I'm over it. I have been natural for years not making progress so I'm going to relax it.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Welcome to lhcf!!

Well at least you know what you want to do. Im a bit fed up myself so understand and have taken to trying a non permanent straightening treatment kinda like a bkt. The knots and splits are rough to deal with. Sometimes we need a break and Change of pace if something isnt working. Youre not alone in that. Do you and may your hair thrive!

mzhotniz86

What is your hair type? (Type 2,3,4 etc) it will help when it comes to a proper hair regimen & managing the texture. Also it sounds like you need to cut the stylists off for now. I have relaxed hair but if I were you I wouldnt relax until the hair was healthier & being maintained. Roller sets are great for taming the hair. As far as products start off with simple things you need a good clarifying shampoo, moisturizing shampoo, protein treatment/conditioner (a simple eggs & olive oil mix can help give strength), moisturizing deep conditioner, leave in & sealing oil.. Do a search on managing your protein & moisture balance and check your hair porosity. Be patient & dont do anything drastic please everyone is here to help :grouphug:

I have all those products one thing I will start doing is putting oil or butter on my ends. My hair is fine so I only LC( water or herbal water spritz+ leave in) not LOC or LCO. The oils and butters for sealing leaves my hair greasy, dry, stiff and weight down. I even tried lighter oils. It doesn't work for me. The old stylist I'm going back to knows what she is doing. I had waist length hair when she was my stylist.