My sulphur mix works!

Bublin

Two weeks ago i twisted by natural hair for the first time and twice a day I have been using this mix on my scalp for just over 2 weeks....................

Half a bottle of WGO
2 teaspoons of sulphur powder.
fill the rest of bottle up with Jojoba Oil.
...shake it up good and leave it for 2 days (not sure why i did this - maybe to let the powder dissolve) then use it sparingly on the scalp.

I undone my twists this morning and measured my hair.

BACKGROUND - I shaved all my hair off exactly 1 year ago and had 5 inches of growth at the top of my head a year later (some areas were 5 and a bit inches)
The shortest area was 4 inches all around the edges.

After two weeks the middle of my head is 6 inches and the rest is 5 inches.

So i have gained 1 inch in just over two weeks. I spend about 15 minutes last night measuring and re-measuring to make sure i wasn't seeing things.

When i first started using the mix my head was unbearable i thought i was having an allergic reaction - my scalp felt so irritated and was getting red due to all my scratching and rubbing. I had that creepy crawly feeling too.

I stopped for 3 days to give my scalp a break but went right back to twice a day for the rest of the two weeks.

Apart from using this mix on the scalp i have been spraying my hair with Sta-sof-fro and sealing with Ginseng Wonder Oil as and when needed.

Studio_gal

:eek: OMG Thats fantastic!!!!!- I don't know what else to say - do keep us updated on what you get after a month. This is brilliant.
Keep on doing what you're doing!!!!!:)

Amour

Thats amazing!!!! Does it have a smell? Do you think the jojoba and WGO have anything to do with the growth I don't have that!!! Its about time I get serious with my haircare, the last few months I have been SLIPPING... i'm weaved up, so applying some oil to my hair twice a day aint gonna hurt :cool:

hothair

sounds good, maybe that's what has been working on my hair, i thought it was the viviscal.

I put about 2 tablespoons of sulphur into an applicator botttle of vatika oil and i've had to redo the 'loose' edges of my braids twice (i got my hair braided just about 2 1/2 weeks ago). At first i thought the braids were slipping off but my hair had been coloured and my sister says she can clearly see my black roots all over my head!:grin: she says she sees about 10cm!

Wonder what would happen if used twice daily...

Bublin

I should have taken photo's - as pictures do speak louder that text :lol:. But if anyone remembers my 'BC to 1 year later' thread they would have seen the growth i had in that period of time.

I will be doing it again from Monday when i'll wash and condition and re-twist my hair.

I'll take before and after photo's this time.

Sweetwhispers - try it on your edges - its not an expensive/long list of ingredients....
As i got lots of irritation (i have a sensitive scalp anyways) you may want to use a bit less of the suplhur powder. I'm thinking 2 teaspoons is quite alot in such a small bottle....but hey, it seems to work.

sweetwhispers

I have some sulfur from Baldwins i think i'm going to buy some Vatika oil today. I think i have some Castor oil and Jojoba as well. I just bought a digicam so i'm going to document my progress as well.

Bublin

Kiss Kiss....yes it smells but very mildly compared to WGO by itself.

Hothair - try it twice a day!

I applied it very very sparingly - as i was doing it twice a day i didn't want a build up on my scalp.

I wasn't washing or cleansing my scalp during this time. I only started to itch like i needed a shampoo after the 2 weeks.

The 'i need a clean' itch is different to the 'my scalp is irritated' itch.

I think the jojoba oil was somehow carrying it to my roots :confused: . Jojoba is supposed to be like the natural sebum our scalp produces.

My roots were never dry. My scalp always looked clean.

I would describe this mix as very moisturising. You can see the bits of sulphur in the bottle but not in your hair.

sweetwhispers

Bublin i'm in Manchester at the moment(uni) and i live in a really asian area. I just went to a food shop and they had it behind the counter. I'm sure they have it in Tooting or Peckham at those shops that sell afro/carib food and are owned by indians lol- thats where i get my Henna. If its not on the shelf ask at the counter, i'd been looking for ages and only seen it yesterday when i went to buy some food.

ETA. Just bought mine for £3.69 thats for 300ml, there's a smaller bottle for £2.29. It smells like coconut drops mixed with fairy liquid. Its solid at the mo so i've put it near the window.

Last edited:
P

peacefulstrength

i'm going to have to try this when lent is over. I gave up on buying new hair products for lent. :perplexed

TemiLnd

Good for you Bublin,
I’m glad the rest period worked for you.
I have been having the same results, though my mix is different. I did my braids about a month ago and have had to rebriad the front and nape twice already. I spent this weekend rebraiding my whole head cos the growth in the middle was so much.
I think im gona manage to keep them in till the end of March. i can't eait till May when i relax to see exactly how much growth i got!!!
Yeah for sulphur…. :grin: