My Temporary Protective Locs-Pic heavy-(LOC EXTENSIONS)

godsflowerrr

Hey ladies! I have been wanting to post pics of my temporary protective loc extensions for a minute but I'm just getting around to it! :spinning:
I was so inspired by blackmasterpiece!!!
I am on a 20 week protective style challenge and wanted a style that I could wear for a few weeks. I have always wanted locs but just never took the plunge. I thought that this would be a great protective style. It was very simple but time consuming!!! There are many methods of doing this but the process that I used consists of braiding and wrapping the braid. After braiding my hair in box braids, I wrapped each braid with the synthetic Marley braid hair. The Marley braid hair comes separated in strips. You can use the strip ‘as is’ or separate the strip further for a slightly thinner loc. I began wrapping the Marley hair around each braid from the base of the braid to the end. Once I got to the bottom, I began to wrap upward (to the base) until the hair ran out. I burned the tips for more security but you don't have to. I used #2 and #4 colors for wrapping. I mixed the colors for every other loc and it gave me a very natural look of highlights. It took 8 hrs to braid and 10 hrs to wrap!!!!!!! I probably could have finished sooner but I took too many breaks. I have been wearing them for over 5 weeks now and they look better with age. They have more of a fuzzy look. People are always asking me to do their hair and I'm like Heck to the Naw..... :grin:Takes too long.
I moisturize and seal daily by patting the moisturizer and oil through my locs. I LOVE this style!!! My hubs was not a huge fan of locs and I thought that it was gonna be a miss with him but he really liked it. He even suggested that maybe I should think about locking my own hair. Whaaaaaat??? :look:
I could keep them in, twist my roots and the lock will mesh with my hair (if I wanted to). I will take them out next week though......missing my loose hair.
Ok .......enough rambling from me........Just wanted to share.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Here is a thicker set that I did previously. I took them down and did thinner ones.
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

sistatv

What the fabulous??!!!!!! I love the locs... But your hair in your siggy made me start speaking in tongues... I LOVE your hair!!! SOOOO FAB!!!

guyanesesista

OH MY GOODNESS!! Those are sexy!! They look great on you. I am soooo gonna do this. I always wanted to try locs but never wanted to commit.

H4irHappy

Locs look really good on you. Do you do hair professionally? If not, I think you should. You have a talent for hair.

MsChelle

WHOA!!!!!! PRETTY!!!!!! This is a great look on you. You have the prettiest eyes and lashes too!!!

Rei

Yours look so great!

I have been wearing these for about a month and I'm finding it a bit hard to get moisture in to my actual hair (so its tumbleweed dry when I take them out). have you also had this issue?

godsflowerrr

Thanks again ladies! @Roi I am in the process of removing them a little at a time now and my hair very soft and moisturized under the wrap. (it is taking FOREVER)!!!! I think that if too much hair is used to wrap the braid, the moisturizers can't penetrate....I'm just guessing :) I am so dreading this takedown process right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MzSwift

Aww, you're taking them down already?? You did such a good job putting them in. They were very pretty!

Rei

Thanks again ladies! @Roi I am in the process of removing them a little at a time now and my hair very soft and moisturized under the wrap. (it is taking FOREVER)!!!! I think that if too much hair is used to wrap the braid, the moisturizers can't penetrate....I'm just guessing :) I am so dreading this takedown process right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have to remember that and use less hair next time. After a month I found my hair had started to dread along with it :lol: although I was expecting it so it wasn't that bad and I retained quite a bit of length. My takedown process is actually occuring right now as I type this....I've been taking them down since Monday!

I'm hoping my next batch will be as neat as yours