MY TESTIMONY - Very, Very Long

I haven't posted much in the Christian Fellowship Forum, but I have been lurking here a lot lately. I just want to share what God has done for me b/c of my obedience to Him.

The last year has been really rough for me. Got divorced, lost almost everything I had, almost lost my mind. For a whole year, it seemed as if nothing in my life was going right. Everything I set my hand to failed miserably. Every business venture failed, several closings fell through, I was having trouble on my job and my finances were a wreck. I was living paycheck to paycheck and my savings had totally disappeared.

I was focused on finding a man to make me feel better. I dated constantly, had become somewhat promiscuous b/c I was trying to fill a void. Everytime I thought I had the "right one" he always turned out to be the wrong one. I was still seeing my ex-husband during my "downtime" when I didn't have anybody else. I wanted to be with him, but I knew it would cost me too much, so I just used him to fill my void.

I was on the phone one night with a guy I met online who I have never met in person or even exchanged pictures with. I was driving home and from out of no where I told him, "You know, nothing is ever gonna go right in my life until I get it right with God." He responded, "Ok, why don't you do it?" I thought about it, why don't I do it. I always said I wanted to recommit myself but I just felt like I had done too much and I was beyond being forgiven. I felt like I had so many filthy thoughts engraved in my mind that I couldn't live a life of sexual purity like I did several years ago. Not only that, but in my mind, celibacy was not even an option. That night I went home and got down on my knees and made a recommitment to God. I decided that night that I would begin to walk in obedience and that I would begin spending time in the word and in prayer daily. I also decided that I would truly become a part of my church that I ahd been attending for a about a year. I knew God led me to my church, but I did not want to get involved. I tried to leave several times, but I kept going b/c my daughter loves their teen ministry. I wanted to slip in and out, be just a face in the crowd. There were days that I would feel really uncomfortable b/c my pastor would preach about things that would cause me to be convicted. I would stay away for a few Sundays, but I would always come back b/c I didn't want to keep my daughter out of church.

Anyway, the next day I went to church. I decided to get up early so I could finish my new members class. I had only finished 1 class in a year. When I got there, the instructor told me that I had already had that class, so we just sat and talked b/c I was the only person in the class. While we were talking, my Pastor walked by and said, "Hey P... can I talk to you when you're done." We told him we were just talking and he could talk me right away. He said that I had been on his mind a lot the last week and he had been praying for me. He said that he was hoping to see me that Sunday. He also asked me when was I going to become a "Full fledged member?" I told him that I was there to finish my new members classes and that I was planning to become more active in church immediately.

I had planned to start tithing after I got my finances straight, but as I sat in church that Sunday, I felt like God was dealing with me about tithing. I wrote out my check, even though I needed to do something else with it, but I decided that I was gonna trust God. The next day at work, I checked my acct and did not have enough money to pay all of my bills that week. I told God I couldn't cover my bills, so I was giving it over to HIm. I checked my cell phone messages after lunch and had a very important message.

I had tried to purchase a duplex back in June and the financing took longer than we expected. The agent who was also the owner was very uncooperative. It took 6 weeks to close and I explained that the lenders were very backed up and I just needed until the end of the week. He said he would give me until Wednesday and if the closing package wasn't at the atty's office that Wednesday, he was going to sign another contract. I asked him to do the other contract as a back up and give me until Friday. He said no. Wednesday came and the lender did not get the package out. However they sent the closing package and wired the funds to the closing atty on Thursday for a Friday closing. The agent/owner called me and said that I was out of luck b/c he had signed another contract and our contract was dead. I was hurt but I said ok and faxed him the mutual release. That happened on 6/29/07. The phone call I received was on 8/6/07 from his assistant. SHe was calling to see if I was still interested b/c they had 2 other contacts on that property and both of them fell through. Of course I jumped at it b/c it was such a great deal and I needed the commission very badly. When I talked to the agent/owner he was still snobby with a bad attitude. He said that just because we got to the closing table before didn't mean we would make it there again. Well anyway, we closed that Friday. I could not believe God had done that for me in such a short time. I know it was no coincidence. It was all God.

There's more. Everybody knows that the real estate market is going haywire right now. Even section 8 isn't paying what they used to pay for their clients to rent properties. I can't hardly get enough money to make my mortgage payments if I rent section8. Well, God has opened the door for a new opportunity, something that I would have never dreamed of. In the past I was not a compassionate, caring person, somewhat selfish and self absorbed. I told God that if this is what He wants me to do, he has to give me heart for it. I am opening my first Drug/Alcohol Recovery House this week. Most recovery houses in my area are run down, slums w/3-4 people to a room. My first house has private rooms and is extremely nice. People in the business are already talking about how nice it is. I have 6 beds in my duplex and I have 4 residents coming at the end of this week. I plan to open another one mid September and another one the beginning of October. God has given me favor with so many people. I have done my research and met with people in the business. I have gotten my church and area churches involved. I have attended NA/AA meetings. I've partnered with several agencies that will provide classes THis is not just a business, it's ministry. Who would have thought I would be doing this? NOT ME!!! And I will add, I should be able to leave my job sometimes in the near future.

GOd is so good, I just want to please Him. I will admit it was hard giving up dating, I know that I can't right now because I want to be celibate. I can date in the future, but now is not a good time. :nono: I am just so excited and I wanted to share this with ya'll. Hopefully this will encourage someone else.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I haven't posted much in the Christian Fellowship Forum, but I have been lurking here a lot lately. I just want to share what God has done for me b/c of my obedience to Him.

The last year has been really rough for me. Got divorced, lost almost everything I had, almost lost my mind. For a whole year, it seemed as if nothing in my life was going right. Everything I set my hand to failed miserably. Every business venture failed, several closings fell through, I was having trouble on my job and my finances were a wreck. I was living paycheck to paycheck and my savings had totally disappeared.

I was focused on finding a man to make me feel better. I dated constantly, had become somewhat promiscuous b/c I was trying to fill a void. Everytime I thought I had the "right one" he always turned out to be the wrong one. I was still seeing my ex-husband during my "downtime" when I didn't have anybody else. I wanted to be with him, but I knew it would cost me too much, so I just used him to fill my void.

I was on the phone one night with a guy I met online who I have never met in person or even exchanged pictures with. I was driving home and from out of no where I told him, "You know, nothing is ever gonna go right in my life until I get it right with God." He responded, "Ok, why don't you do it?" I thought about it, why don't I do it. I always said I wanted to recommit myself but I just felt like I had done too much and I was beyond being forgiven. I felt like I had so many filthy thoughts engraved in my mind that I couldn't live a life of sexual purity like I did several years ago. Not only that, but in my mind, celibacy was not even an option. That night I went home and got down on my knees and made a recommitment to God. I decided that night that I would begin to walk in obedience and that I would begin spending time in the word and in prayer daily. I also decided that I would truly become a part of my church that I ahd been attending for a about a year. I knew God led me to my church, but I did not want to get involved. I tried to leave several times, but I kept going b/c my daughter loves their teen ministry. I wanted to slip in and out, be just a face in the crowd. There were days that I would feel really uncomfortable b/c my pastor would preach about things that would cause me to be convicted. I would stay away for a few Sundays, but I would always come back b/c I didn't want to keep my daughter out of church.

Anyway, the next day I went to church. I decided to get up early so I could finish my new members class. I had only finished 1 class in a year. When I got there, the instructor told me that I had already had that class, so we just sat and talked b/c I was the only person in the class. While we were talking, my Pastor walked by and said, "Hey P... can I talk to you when you're done." We told him we were just talking and he could talk me right away. He said that I had been on his mind a lot the last week and he had been praying for me. He said that he was hoping to see me that Sunday. He also asked me when was I going to become a "Full fledged member?" I told him that I was there to finish my new members classes and that I was planning to become more active in church immediately.

I had planned to start tithing after I got my finances straight, but as I sat in church that Sunday, I felt like God was dealing with me about tithing. I wrote out my check, even though I needed to do something else with it, but I decided that I was gonna trust God. The next day at work, I checked my acct and did not have enough money to pay all of my bills that week. I told God I couldn't cover my bills, so I was giving it over to HIm. I checked my cell phone messages after lunch and had a very important message.

I had tried to purchase a duplex back in June and the financing took longer than we expected. The agent who was also the owner was very uncooperative. It took 6 weeks to close and I explained that the lenders were very backed up and I just needed until the end of the week. He said he would give me until Wednesday and if the closing package wasn't at the atty's office that Wednesday, he was going to sign another contract. I asked him to do the other contract as a back up and give me until Friday. He said no. Wednesday came and the lender did not get the package out. However they sent the closing package and wired the funds to the closing atty on Thursday for a Friday closing. The agent/owner called me and said that I was out of luck b/c he had signed another contract and our contract was dead. I was hurt but I said ok and faxed him the mutual release. That happened on 6/29/07. The phone call I received was on 8/6/07 from his assistant. SHe was calling to see if I was still interested b/c they had 2 other contacts on that property and both of them fell through. Of course I jumped at it b/c it was such a great deal and I needed the commission very badly. When I talked to the agent/owner he was still snobby with a bad attitude. He said that just because we got to the closing table before didn't mean we would make it there again. Well anyway, we closed that Friday. I could not believe God had done that for me in such a short time. I know it was no coincidence. It was all God.

There's more. Everybody knows that the real estate market is going haywire right now. Even section 8 isn't paying what they used to pay for their clients to rent properties. I can't hardly get enough money to make my mortgage payments if I rent section8. Well, God has opened the door for a new opportunity, something that I would have never dreamed of. In the past I was not a compassionate, caring person, somewhat selfish and self absorbed. I told God that if this is what He wants me to do, he has to give me heart for it. I am opening my first Drug/Alcohol Recovery House this week. Most recovery houses in my area are run down, slums w/3-4 people to a room. My first house has private rooms and is extremely nice. People in the business are already talking about how nice it is. I have 6 beds in my duplex and I have 4 residents coming at the end of this week. I plan to open another one mid September and another one the beginning of October. God has given me favor with so many people. I have done my research and met with people in the business. I have gotten my church and area churches involved. I have attended NA/AA meetings. I've partnered with several agencies that will provide classes THis is not just a business, it's ministry. Who would have thought I would be doing this? NOT ME!!! And I will add, I should be able to leave my job sometimes in the near future.

GOd is so good, I just want to please Him. I will admit it was hard giving up dating, I know that I can't right now because I want to be celibate. I can date in the future, but now is not a good time. :nono: I am just so excited and I wanted to share this with ya'll. Hopefully this will encourage someone else.
This is beautiful. Your name is no long 'no more', but "Beloved Child of God Forever More..."

God bless you. Don't worry about the 'dating' issue. I was saved 25 years ago (a kid with kids) and I've been celibate every since. :yep: God kept me. So that Only the right man can touch me... the same He will do for you. Amen.

Honey6928215

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you. Congraduations! You are doing real good for the community that need your service. You will keep prospering because you are helping other people in need besides yourself.

GOD BLESS YOU!

This is beautiful. Your name is no long 'no more', but "Beloved Child of God Forever More..."

God bless you. Don't worry about the 'dating' issue. I was saved 25 years ago (a kid with kids) and I've been celibate every since. :yep: God kept me. So that Only the right man can touch me... the same He will do for you. Amen.

Thanks Shimmie. I receive my new name.

Thanks so much. I am so excited, sometimes I just have to pinch myself. It's amazing how awesome God is and how He just causes everything to fall into place. DOn't get me wrong, everything is not perfect in my life. I had to rent a Uhaul to pick up furniture to put into the house on Saturday and I decided to try to drive the truck through the drive thru at the bank. I didn't damage the truck, but I pulled the drive thru light down. I told my Mom, that's just the devil, she said, no that's just you not using common sense. Yeah, she was right. The great thing is my insurance will cover it.

Spidergul

Amen. That was beuatiful Shimmie, just beautiful.:yep:

EbonyEyes

That is wonderful! Praise God! As the song we sing in church says, "May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!"

Country gal

Thanks for the Testimony. I need to hear it today. I am going through a really rough patch in my life. I have been praying steadfastly for relief. I can completely relate to the dating issues. I would sometimes worry about finding Mr. Right and end up with Mr. Wrong. I really need to put the focus back on the lord again.

donna894

Thanks so much for sharing your testimony. It has really lifted my spirits. Just goes to show that God will make a way out of no way. He worked out things in a way that not only blessed you, but also blessed others in your community. And now you are extending that blessing by sharing your testimony with us. What a mighty and awesome God we serve!

Last edited:
I had hoped my testimony would encourage others. I just received a phone call from the director of the Veteran Administration's community work therapy program inviting me to a meeting tomorrow about how to deal with the homeless in our city. He said someone gave him my name and number and told him that he should invite me. He also acquired about housing for their clients. I am so excited. I don't know if I added that this all has taken place in 2 weeks.

THe day after I re-commited, when I went to church, it was if I kept hearing "A quick work" over and over again. I'm not one to say that I heard GOd talk to me, but it was like I kept hearing this all through service. I know that God is doing a quick work in me spritually and He has done a quick work with my business. I also believe that He is doing a quick work in all of our lives.

Thanks for the Testimony. I need to hear it today. I am going through a really rough patch in my life. I have been praying steadfastly for relief. I can completely relate to the dating issues. I would sometimes worry about finding Mr. Right and end up with Mr. Wrong. I really need to put the focus back on the lord again.

I totally understand. When I thought about not dating, it seemed so hard and that I would be losing so much. I was the type of person who always needed a man. I never went more than a couple of weeks without a man in my life, even if he was just a piece of a man. Celibacy was something that I just didn't want to think about. That might not be a struggle for some, but for me it is major. At this stage in my walk, I stay away from men. I don't even hold conversations for more than 5 minutes, I can't watch some TV shows or movies and I have given up secular music. It might not take all of this for some, but it does for me. Last night was really hard. I had to meditate on the word and constantly cast down my thoughts. My flesh was cutting up and it was as if every sexual image from the past few months wanted to run rampant through my mind.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
Amazing testimony!!!!! :) Thank you!!

He is good--all the time, all the time, He is good!!

I missed the noon bible study today, but reading these testimonials and uplifting threads has me in the spirit!