My Transition Progress Report (PIX GALORE)

Morenita

Whimsy, your hair looks FAB!!!! I don't know how you can stand not chopping those last couple inches off. The natural hair looks so cute in that wet pic! Gosh, I hope my hair looks that good in another year :)

FindingMe

13 months and you're tryin to give ME hell!?!!
you are a lil devil!!!
Glad you're progressing nicely!!!
How long you goin? 2 years?

:yep:I am trying to go for 2 years...but...If my ends start to look frazzled and funky:nono:, I will chop...I don't like see through ends

Whimsy, your hair looks FAB!!!! I don't know how you can stand not chopping those last couple inches off. The natural hair looks so cute in that wet pic! Gosh, I hope my hair looks that good in another year :)

^^See^^ I am not the only one:lachen:...even the front doesn't look too short to me to chop the relaxed ends....anyway, I'ma get off your back now, girl...BC your hair is LOVELY regardless of what you decide.:lick: Me and Morenita are transitioning buddies and I am with her: I hope my hair looks that good when i only have a coupld inches of NG left...:drunk:

*Michelle*

Your hair looks great, wonderful job!

Your hair looks very much, I mean almost exactly like mine...I need to go find what # you are then I will know mine. Thanks!

Whimsy

:yep:I am trying to go for 2 years...but...If my ends start to look frazzled and funky:nono:, I will chop...I don't like see through ends

Oh yes I agree w/ you on that.

Your hair looks great, wonderful job!

Your hair looks very much, I mean almost exactly like mine...I need to go find what # you are then I will know mine. Thanks!

Well I thought i was a 4a then someone told me i was a 3c so i just say i'm a 4a/3c....
hope that helps

Ericka

Whimsy what length are you going for when you BC??

Fabulous hair by the way. Your natural texture looks GREAT. Do you have any pictures of your natural hair when dry? I would love to see some.

MA2010

Wow!!! I can't believe the amount of length you retained with two textures!!! You go girl. Your natural texture is lovely. Very inspirational.

countrychickd

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Love your texture! I hope to be able to make it at least to a year post, but it'll be a miracle if I could make it as long as you did. I can't wait until August to see your BC thread. Great job lady!

MummysGirl

Wow! I have a lot of respect for ladies who transition for more than a year!

Lovely progress, beautiful hair :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your BC pics too... in August, of course :)

Whimsy

Whimsy what length are you going for when you BC??

Fabulous hair by the way. Your natural texture looks GREAT. Do you have any pictures of your natural hair when dry? I would love to see some.

I don't know if I'm going for a specific length. I think I'll be APL in the back and NL in the front.

I have some pix of my natural hair in my blog:

http://longnaturalhair.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-natural-hair.html

it is showing about 11 months of growth, these pix are from 2006

crazydaze911

OMG - so jealous! sooo jealous - ur hair is not only beautiful but it grows soooooooooo fast. My hair is FINALLY the length it was Dec 2007 after my last trim. so over a year to grow back and the trim was not even that serious - lol.

ETA: sorry the pics are so small - i dont know how to work this thing. just click to make it bigger.

Attachments

• 07-09 growth.JPG
    07-09 growth.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 17

Whimsy

OMG - so jealous! sooo jealous - ur hair is not only beautiful but it grows soooooooooo fast. My hair is FINALLY the length it was Dec 2007 after my last trim. so over a year to grow back and the trim was not even that serious - lol.

ETA: sorry the pics are so small - i dont know how to work this thing. just click to make it bigger.

what are you doing for retention? do you do protective styles at all?

keepithealthy

Your hair is beautiful. I hope my hair is that pretty when I finish transitioning. I am finding it hard to transition with the two textures but I'm hanging on.

Whimsy

Thanks girls!!

wow! your hair is lovely! you will be my inspiration! I want to go natural!!

You can do it! Just try!

Your hair is beautiful. I hope my hair is that pretty when I finish transitioning. I am finding it hard to transition with the two textures but I'm hanging on.

What are you doing with your hair? how deep into your trans are you? you can hold on. seriously. Just be patient and gentle.

crazydaze911

what are you doing for retention? do you do protective styles at all?

I do all the 'right' things. its really growth and not retention. Im transitioning like you so i know exactly how slow my hair grows. Someone on here said they were 15 months all natural and had MBL hair - i was like WTH? Im over 28 months into my transition and only have btwn SL and APL (when stretched) natural hair. So, whats ur secret? just good genes or are you on some all natural raw diet? :eat:

sorry, not trying to hyjack ur thread, just sitting here drooling...........

Ediese

So, as some of you know, I've been transitioning since August 2007. My transition has been pretty smooth. Months 7-9 were kinda dicey for me, learning about dealing with the two textures, but otherwise smooth sailing! Here's my progress report. Post yours!

September 2007 (one month after last texturizer)

This part of the transition was a breeze. Basically wore it straight via maxiglide or did wash n gos during the fall/winter/early spring.

December 2007 (just a random pic)

April 2008 (chopped from BSL+ to APL)
Posted about it here with more pictures: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=210287&highlight=bsl+apl

Loved the cut but the 2 textures, I really had to fight with for the summer. Ended up learning that braidouts were my bestest friend

tryin to show wet length (look! not much relaxed ends left in the back!!)

So that's where I am now, working my way to August 2009 for my BC!!!

Transitioners and naturals who did a timely transition, show us your transition progress report!

You have beautiful hair! It looks like it grows back really fast too. You won't even have that much to chop in August. I wish my hair looked like that when wet! Can't wait to see your natural hair.

Whimsy

I do all the 'right' things. its really growth and not retention. Im transitioning like you so i know exactly how slow my hair grows. Someone on here said they were 15 months all natural and had MBL hair - i was like WTH? Im over 28 months into my transition and only have btwn SL and APL (when stretched) natural hair. So, whats ur secret? just good genes or are you on some all natural raw diet? :eat:

sorry, not trying to hyjack ur thread, just sitting here drooling...........

I think my hair grows about .5 inches a month. Stretched the natural hair is at apl in the back, sl/nl/chin elsewhere. For me my deal is retention. No all natural raw diet, but i do drink a lotta water?:ohwell: