My Waredrobe redo

Discussion in 'Fashion' started by Bun Mistress, May 6, 2012.

1. Bun Mistress

Bun Mistress Well-Known Member

So I wanted to share part of my warbrode redo from the last few months i was originally inspired by the leading lady in the K-drama Fugitive plan B. She wore a lot of dresses and always looked so classy!.

So I wanted to share what I've speny my money on the past few months that ended up in a total redo of my closet.

Attached Files:

2. Bun Mistress

More clothes

Attached Files:

3. Bun Mistress

More clothes, I didn't buy the orange leggings but the leopard panel shoes. Which I loved.

Attached Files:

4. Bun Mistress

This black dress is not for work hours it has an open back.

I love the cobalt skirt.

Attached Files:

5. Bun Mistress

I love Dolman sleeve tops

Attached Files:

6. Bun Mistress

This is some of what I've bought. It took several months to acquire. I needed to get my clothes a bit more modern and mature as this is the last year of the twenties.

I shopped mainly at yesstlye and asos when they had sales. or I had a coupon. I'm (hopefully) done for the new few months, but I know I will have to do a little bit more finding in the fall.

I got a lot of high end accessories from ruelala and a few (not many) from gilt. (Rue is cheaper). Luckily my shoes were in good shape before I started but I did bay shoes too!

I hope this inspires some one.

Attached Files:

7. BrandNew

BrandNew Loc'd up and loving it!

Really nice pieces. I'm trying to transition my wardrobe to mainly dresses too.

8. toinette

toinette Tricking the president

yes!! love these. I am trying to do more dresses too. I have dressy dresses and stuff cause I go to church (or I used to :look: ) but I need going out dresses and casual day dresses too. Last year i decided that I was only gonna wear dresses and skirts but i need to lose a good 40 lbs for that LOL

9. Smiley79

Smiley79 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I love your pieces!

10. Bun Mistress

Thanks. I used to never wear dresses but after a few months I don't even feel right not wearing one. I usually have on tights or stocking because I still don't like the bare leg look.

11. isobell

isobell Well-Known Member

OP your new wardrobe looks beautiful and so feminine. I also wear a lot of dresses but I've never heard of yesstyle before. How're the quality of their clothes? Have you been satisfied with them? Also have you had any problems with returns or anything?

12. Bun Mistress

yesstyle is a huge site and the bands vary. I shope soho central (really good quality and really cheap), redo pin, an d 59 seconds/59th street.

The measurements are dead on. I measure myself a lot before I started.

I recently bought flats from them (there was a shoe sale). And they were also high quality.

I have had two things that didn't fit that I bought. One I gave away (they were cheap) and the others I altered to fit.

You have to be pettie to fit into some of their clothes. Use the sales, bestsellers, or reccomended brands.

The shipping is fast (if you spend over 150 its free). I have never bothered returning anything but I have always had good customer service.

The shippingtime for items is listed if you want you package faster, I reccomedn only shipping out things that are ready to ship (you can select out ready to ship items).

13. FlowerHair

FlowerHair Flower in Bloom...

Very inspiring! I need to do something similar when I go back to work in August.

14. soulfusion

soulfusion Well-Known Member

I like the variety of colors and textures. It's very easy for me to get stuck in darker clothes and contrasting solid color tops w/o very much variety of prints and patterns. I recently purged my closet. I'll take a page from your book and slowly acquire some unique pieces to jazz up the basics that I already have. Nice.

15. isobell

isobell Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recommendations and advice Bun Mistress. I didn't want to risk ordering something of subpar quality from overseas. I think I'll give the clothing lines you've bought from a try.

16. jessicarabbit

jessicarabbit Well-Known Member

Bunmistress, you say you dont like the bare leg look and you wear ttights? I feel the same way. how do you go about wearing tights/stockings with each dress? do you where a nude color or what?

17. Bun Mistress

lindsaywhat

The fall and winter is easy because it's cold and opaque tights are easy to pull off. I invested in a good pair of black (first) then grey and brown tights. This past year found some fleece lined tights not that I really needed them because it wants that cold, but I;ll have them for next years.

I went on stockingirl.com and some other places to find sheer and semi sheer stockings. I have a few micro fishnet stocking as well (I have been compliing these for some time now).

My favorite nude stockings are a pair of microfishnet stockings I got on sale from Wolford (I only shop the sales) the merchandise is great but pricey unless its on sale.

Sheer black is the easiest thing to pull off in the spring or netural color leggings.