My weird hair... (long but with pics)

yamilee21

Strange to see this thread bumped up now. :blush:

...bumping this thread bc my hair looks very similar to yours in the first two pics air dried with no product. I always thought I was a 4a bc of this, but people on the forum keep telling me I look like a 3b-3c mix. ...

See, that first picture is one reason why hair typing makes no sense to me, :lol:. That, and the multiple textures vying for attention on my head.

... If you've grown the longest hair you have with splits and they haven't caused you any problems, why worry about them? Maybe keep them from getting too out of control by doing S&D every month or so, but other than that, why stress?

I guess I've found it hard to break out of that mindset that healthy hair should not have any split ends. I've cut off a lot of them, and I am not seeing as many, but it doesn't look as if I will ever be completely free of split ends, so yes, I am resigned to ignoring them unless they get excessive.

...And I totally agree - it's thirsty. :yep: I think that most AA hair tends to be thirsty when folks first find LHCF - it's a primary reason for issues with our hair. ...This is from 6 months ago - how does it look now? ... Have you tried the Caramel Treatment? ...

:lol: My hair isn't thirsty anymore. I'm kicking myself over not having learned about sealing with oil before, and avoiding silicones - all those years wasted being a bad advertisement for natural hair. :nono: Caramel treatments are a regular practice now; my whole family is doing them now, even my son and husband, :lol:. And finally, finally, relatives have eased up on the "you should get a relaxer" nonsense.

JustKiya

Strange to see this thread bumped up now. :blush:

:lol: My hair isn't thirsty anymore. I'm kicking myself over not having learned about sealing with oil before, and avoiding silicones - all those years wasted being a bad advertisement for natural hair. :nono: Caramel treatments are a regular practice now; my whole family is doing them now, even my son and husband, :lol:. And finally, finally, relatives have eased up on the "you should get a relaxer" nonsense.

:clap: :clap: :clap: YAY!!!!!

You do realize we expect new pictures at this point, right? :look:

I will e-stalk you, and leave you PM's everywhere (including the Farm!) demanding pictures, missy!!! :lachen: :lachen:

lala89

:sekret:

Coming out of a several year long lurk just to reply to this

My hair does the exact same thing that yours does OP, except mine is just in this front cluster. It has ill/no defined curls and frizz. I assumed it was just petrified hair that was taking longer to recover from my days of flat ironing my hair every single day at 450 degrees for years. I find that when I use tons of cone-laden products that part gets really intense, where as when I use coneless and natural products the curls are more visible, idk just my 2 cents.

anyhow, your "weird" hair is amazing :yep:

jupitermoon

Wow!!!!!!! I think this is my first time seeing your hair and it is absolutely amazing! I really *heart* your hair! The length and thickness!!....