My White Coworker...

Ronnieaj

Is great!!!

Okay, so my hair is in twists (lurking in the Twisting for Growth Challenge), but I needed a serious intervention today. I told my secretary, "I wanna put my hair in a fro for the rest of the week and straighten it on Saturday."

Her response: Ronnie, you're supposed to be twisting your hair until the end of the twisting challenge right? Won't putting it in a fro cause knotting and a serious detangling session that you know you don't want? Your hair's not even supposed to be out! And you're not supposed to straighten your hair until your SO's birthday at the end of August, right?!? You've got a heat pass from Bootcamp and the Ayurveda challenge, and you'll use them both too soon if you do. You won't retain the length you want if you do this. Honey, go buy some nail polish (another weakness :grin:) instead!"

Hey, it's nice to know she listens to SOMETHING I say! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Gawd, I gotta get off this board during work hours.......

UGQueen

that is too funny! good thing she listens and supports you, good thing u have someone to keep u on track.

tnorenberg

She's like my college roommate. She knew me like a book and always was there to support me. Your co-worker doesn't happen to be a Virgo too ? They're good like that. :)

81Stardust

That's fun-e. :lachen:

It's a group effort trying to grow long healthy hair. My BF is the same way!!! He's like "alright, so you should keep on doing the protective styles and get some more wigs so you can retain your length!" I'm like..."I know!!! I told you!!!"

It's nice to have support! :yep:

Neith

Is great!!!

Okay, so my hair is in twists (lurking in the Twisting for Growth Challenge), but I needed a serious intervention today. I told my secretary, "I wanna put my hair in a fro for the rest of the week and straighten it on Saturday."

Her response: Ronnie, you're supposed to be twisting your hair until the end of the twisting challenge right? Won't putting it in a fro cause knotting and a serious detangling session that you know you don't want? Your hair's not even supposed to be out! And you're not supposed to straighten your hair until your SO's birthday at the end of August, right?!? You've got a heat pass from Bootcamp and the Ayurveda challenge, and you'll use them both too soon if you do. You won't retain the length you want if you do this. Honey, go buy some nail polish (another weakness :grin:) instead!"

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: So funny! She really memorized those details

Libra08

LMAO! How she keep up with all of that? I can't even keep up with some of yall's regimes, and I live on this board!

Ronnieaj

Yeah, she's pretty awesome. She's got 3b hair, which she HATES and wants straightened all the time; I've been trying to hook her up with some deep conditioning and protein treatments, and that's helped define her curls and make them less frizzy, so she has a glimpse of the effort involved (her hair's pretty coarse, even though the curls looser). I just thought it was great that she had to talk me down. Definitely keeping, and giving a raise (though not for this, she deserves one anyway)!

butterfly_wings

Is great!!!

Ahh thats nice of her!!! :)

panamoni

That is so funny! Seriously, that is funny. I can't beleive she kept track of all that. Thanks for sharing.