Nair in the Shampoo.......

LittleLuxe

I don't know anyone that this has happend to, but I have used nair (on my legs) and it has an extremely distinctive and unpleaseant smell that I am not sure would be easily masked by conditioner, but I guess if you don't expect it then you don't look for it..It just seems to me that the smell would be easily detected, but perhaps my nose is extra sensitive....:ohwell:

ETA: I have also never mixed Nair with shampoo/conditioner as I have never had any reason to, so perhaps it does mask it. I also used the original Nair which smelled like rotten eggs so perhaps that is why too.

It's funny you mention that and it has been a year since I used Nair so I can't say for sure because scents may have changed but there are SOME hair products that actually do have that nair/hair removal product smell to them naturally. One such being ---- and appreciate this for me starting my healthy hair journey AND having experienced someone getting naired in the past ----- Mizani H2O Intense. While I was still getting a ton of breakage someone on the boards recommended it and I went out and bought it, opened the jar...had to smell it twice and was TERRIFIED of putting it on my head.

And yes desperation won over and I did, but every time I did the memory of that wicked act of revenge came back to me.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have a huge fear of this. I've worked in retail and I've seen some strange stuff. Like shampoo's and conditioners being returned with water added to them and being put back on the shelves. Someone could add anything to something and return it. Also teens tampering with products on the shelves thinking it's funny. It's so scary to me. I try to really inspect stuff when I buy it and smell it really good and stuff.

Misshairdiva

Wow Pokahontas that really scares me now! I will be checking and double checking the stuff I buy in stores!!! Especially living in a predominately white town looking in the Black hair care section!

BoaterGirlKim

About 15 years ago when I was in the Air Force a black girl in one of my neighboring dorms did this to her white roommate. The white girl was goth and dyed her hair jet black. She kept wondering why her hair kept turning brown - it was because her roommate was spiking her conditioner with Nair. They didn't get along and ended up getting different roommates. I cut Ms. Nair loose after she told me what she had done (giggling all the while), kept it "hi and bye" and kept it moving. Ms. Nair was pure *****ified evil under all her cute giggliness and I had my own roommate jealousy issues to deal with back then, but looking back I wish I had told the other girl because no one deserves that.

SmilingElephant

I've never known it to happen but some chocolate ex-lax in the coffee is virtually undetectable...

^^I'm sorry....but this was kinda funny to me!!....the Nair thing is not funny:mad:...but givin somebody a good case of the Hershey squirts???!......:lachen:.....lawd uh mercy!!!!.....that cracked me up!!:laugh:

Kindheart

Not that I have done this, but I would think that it would be better served in the condish. Folks tend to keep it in longer, and it is a similar texture to the Nair. Also, this isn't a one shot 'get you back' I would think that one would want to do a little at a time. Too much at once would arouse supsicion becuase the Nair smell would be too strong. It is one of those things where you have to be dedicated to the revenge and buy your time.

Just a thought.
girl you scare me :shocked:! you got that criminal mind..Stop giving tips to psychos you never know who s reading this

Zawaj

That would be the cruelest thing ever :nono:. What if the person got it in their eye? Just hateful :(.

nikolite

I'm getting angry just thinking about the possibility. I would seriously phuck someone up if that happened to me. And I mean there will be BLOOD...

nikolite

^^I'm sorry....but this was kinda funny to me!!....the Nair thing is not funny:mad:...but givin somebody a good case of the Hershey squirts???!......:lachen:.....lawd uh mercy!!!!.....that cracked me up!!:laugh:

I actually did that to my husband once. I was so angry with him and vindictive about it. So I went the route of a true passive-aggressive. He was on the toilet for a good while (I think I added too much).

I eventually told him that I did it. I really felt wrong and guilty. I know it was mean. He actually laughed and thought it was cute. He said it was better that than keying his car. He knew he really deserved it anyway, and I think he was secretly impressed that I had it in me. I'm surprised he still trusts me to make his food. (I guess he knows as long as he don't mess up like that again he won't have to worry about making his own dinner).

KnottyGurl

Call me paranoid, but whenever I had roommates, I NEVER left important things like that out. EVER. Only clothes, shoes, etc. Not toothbrushes, conditioners, etc. I purchased a trunk with a thick lock to store my stuff in. Hell, I would even wrap my food up a certain way in the fridge so that I would know if it was tampered with. I didn't trust anybody like that, friend or not. Even friends catch attitudes for unknown reasons. But that's just me. :lol:

Last edited:

awhyley

I've never known it to happen but some chocolate ex-lax in the coffee is virtually undetectable...

Yall really scare me in here sometimes. :blush:

She also scrubbed the toilet with her toothbrush and put Listerine in her eye drops.

OUCH! This is why I refuse to have certain females in my circle.

If that happend to me I would have to stab someone in the throat with my rat tail comb becasue I am not looking to BC again. They would be hell to pay :bat:

Only on the hair board! :lachen:

I actually did that to my husband once. I was so angry with him and vindictive about it. So I went the route of a true passive-aggressive. He was on the toilet for a good while (I think I added too much).

I eventually told him that I did it. I really felt wrong and guilty. I know it was mean. He actually laughed and thought it was cute. He said it was better that than keying his car. He knew he really deserved it anyway, and I think he was secretly impressed that I had it in me. I'm surprised he still trusts me to make his food. (I guess he knows as long as he don't mess up like that again he won't have to worry about making his own dinner).

No, boo boo, he scared. Of you.

Note to self: If ever rooming with others bring packaged shampoo & conditioner.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, this is the lesson of the day.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Actually I do know someone this happened to at my old college. One girl found out her close-friend and roommate had been cheating with her boyfriend. She was NOT one to trifle with. Well you know how it is with girl's beauty supply stuff, it fills up the bathrooms and such. Well she opened the girl's tub of relaxer, emptied it in the trash, rinsed it out and added the nair. She knew the girl would be self-relaxing her head that night and when she went to grab the tub she opened it for her as a 'favor' since she was grabbing her other stuff. Well...you can imagine the rest. The girl thought she got a bad/expired perm and her hair was...yeah.

I don't agree with it but it certainly re-inforced the theory of karma. She never knew what happened and everyone knew NOT to mess with that particular girl.

PFFFTTT! That girl deserved it.....or another note...what did she do to the boyfriend lol I hope it was equal to or worse!

winona

Hahaha I did this to my older cousin when I was a kid. He always stole my candy so I replaced my hersey with exlax. Needless to say he never messed with my stuff again:):lachen::grin:

JollyGal

No, I have not heard of this.

I'm mortified to know that women have actually thought about doing this to other women, let alone do it.

There are other ways to deal with things. Have we forgotten to talk to each other?

I wouldn't even want to be in the same city as a person who pours hair removal into another person's shampoo.

I use either african black soap (bar form), amla or castille soap (you can tell if something has been added to it as it is so plain).

biancaelyse

We used to have Senior Day at my HS and they would go on the roof and drop balloons filled with water and nair, slather vaseline on the steps in the stairwell, buy live chickens turn them loose in the building, etc.

Aireen

We used to have Senior Day at my HS and they would go on the roof and drop balloons filled with water and nair, slather vaseline on the steps in the stairwell, buy live chickens turn them loose in the building, etc.

So what would happen if someone... I don't know, decides to sue the school for this? Really, people could fall and break their teeth and I know water dilutes Nair but that stuff is too fishy to play with. TRUST, if I attended your highschool and ANY damage happened to me on that day, the school AND the individuals involved will have a case on their hands to resolve. I don't put up with that kind of foolish immaturity; someone WILL pay for any damage on my part.

(Sorry but I got a little angry reading this particular post but there were other posts that made me tense too. :grin: :look:)

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Naw, she didn't deserve that.
Yeah, she cheated with her roommate's man, but come on son...not the hair. :nono:

Pffft! Hair grows back! She stabbed her in the back, disrespected her, violated their friendship, etc. It would be different if she was a random girl that her bf hooked up with but that was her FRIEND AND ROOMATE! Smiled in her face about it too? I'm sorry but F her hair. I have no sympathy for cheaters or the people they cheat with. They get what's coming!

Last edited:

ctosha

What happened to the good ol days when you just put laxatives in food drinks and that person sh*ts down the place?!:lachen: But on a serious note if that were to happen to me (knock on wood it never does) I would either lynch that person or fire 2 bloodclot shots ina dem brap brap! I believe in karma so I am careful what I do onto others.

prettybyrd

I went to two different colleges and I met people at both who said they knew someone (who knows someone) this happened to. I only knew one person who said she did this to someone. The girl I met who said she did this to her freshman year roommate was just strange.

She didn't mix the Nair with conditioner or shampoo, she said she waited until her roommate went to sleep and poured Nair on one side of her head. When she told the story, I think she thought we were going to say, "I know that's right, girl! That's what that @#(*& get!" But we didn't.

We all got quiet and changed the subject - no one normal does this to someone! We stopped hanging out with her after that.

What if the person you're getting revenge on goes blind? Suffers irreperable scarring? Dies? Who knows? I hope no one reading this comes to think this is a clever prank. Don't let dorm pranks go beyond saran wrapping toilets - which is a GREAT prank - and no one gets hurt! :)

biancaelyse

So what would happen if someone... I don't know, decides to sue the school for this? Really, people could fall and break their teeth and I know water dilutes Nair but that stuff is too fishy to play with. TRUST, if I attended your highschool and ANY damage happened to be on that day, the school AND the individuals involved will have a case on their hands to resolve. I don't put up with that kind of foolish immaturity; someone WILL pay for any damage on my part.

(Sorry but I got a little angry reading this particular post but there were other posts that made me tense too. :grin: :look:)

You are right - this could have been really dangerous and someone gotten hurt. This was a rite of passage and each year they tried to outdo the previous Senior class with the pranks.

The administration did eventually ban Senior Day and threaten anyone caught with suspension and criminal charges so my understanding is that they don't do this anymore.

LittleLuxe

Don't let dorm pranks go beyond saran wrapping toilets - which is a GREAT prank - and no one gets hurt! :)

Lol, oh my, I can think of several ways that will annoy someone.

What happened to the good ol days when you just put laxatives in food drinks and that person sh*ts down the place?!:lachen: But on a serious note if that were to happen to me (knock on wood it never does) I would either lynch that person or fire 2 bloodclot shots ina dem brap brap! I believe in karma so I am careful what I do onto others.

Folks are more creative (and ergo scarier :look: ) these days, and at the bolded amen.

Pffft! Hair grows back! She stabbed her in the back, disrespected her, violated their friendship, etc. It would be different if she was a random girl that her bf hooked up with but that was her FRIEND AND ROOMATE! Smiled in her face about it too? I'm sorry but F her hair. I have no sympathy for cheaters or the people they cheat with. They get what's coming!

Yup, to be honest the guy wasn't really the issue, although he is a low down dirty dog. She and this girl were friends all throughout high school and decided to go to the same college because they felt their lives would be enriched with each other in it through college. I imagine the same thing went through her mind of 'she smiled in my face everyday and acted all innocent and it was HER?' Like I said I don't agree with doing things wrong because you never know what consequences you can bring on yourself. This girl was sweet as sugar but when she found out, whisteling, something was getting broken.

Live chickens? I'm impressed, I heard of a school that did live grasshoppers. We parked our cars on the school lawn and blocked the entrance.

PFFFTTT! That girl deserved it.....or another note...what did she do to the boyfriend lol I hope it was equal to or worse!

She offered to do his laundry, and laced just about every damn thing he wore/owned with itching powder and pepper spray. Told him the scent was a new cologne that she really liked. Let's just say it was close to a 7 year itch and he got the reputation for being funky when folks saw him scratching all the damn time.