Name the Top Five 5 Things that are going to get your through: "Hotter Than July"

Kay.Dee

Re: Name the Top Five 5 Things that are going to get your through: "Hotter Than July

1. Twisting my hair
2. Low manipulation
3. Chagrin valley shampoo bars/acv
4. To be announced moisturizer
5. deep conditioning

LivingDol1

Re: Name the Top Five 5 Things that are going to get your through: "Hotter Than July

coconut oil
deep conditioner
leave in
porosity control
hair pins

Ronnieaj

1. Detangling
2. Deep conditioning
3. Protective styling
4. Moisturizing (ordered Qhemet today :grin:)
5. acv rinses

KinkyGenius

In no particular order:

1. Co-washing with Abba Pure Moisture conditioner
2. Low, low manipulation - still trying to "master" this
3. Mizani Gloss Veil Spray - this has been really great with keeping the humidity from frizzing up my flexirod sets
4. Phony ponies using Qhemet Biologics Honeybush Tea Soft Gel to slick my hair back
5. Weekly protein

LaLa85

1. deep conditioner
  2. leave in conditioner
  3. gel
  4. denman brush
  5. lots of ponytail holders...

DarkHair

1. Aussie 3 min deeep w/honey
2. hair pins
3. Elasta QP Mango butter
4. brush
5. silk scarf

newflowers

drinking extra water
a little rasberry seed oil mixed into the camellia oil I use to seal (good sunscrren for my hair so it doesn't turn red)
phytojoba shampoo and conditioner
phytomist

sitting under the dryer for roller sets goes out of the window from august until ealy october

ITD - you have my deepest sympathies in all of that heat this early in the summer - it won't get that hot here (3 blocks from the beach in the sunny lbc) until mid-august.:grin:

Nayna

Unbothered

Braidouts
egg treatments for protein
moisturizing condish
co washing
Cool water

Digital Tempest

1. Henna
2. a few good conditioners
3. coconut oil
4. buns
5. plenty of water

dachsies_rule!

silk scarf
buns (ooh it's too hot for hair on the back of your neck!)
bottled water (cause the water here is hard)
mizani
hot 10 oil

brittanynic16

1. BTK
2. Sabino
3. Flatiron
4. Alter ego conditioner
5. Blow drier

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Cowashing
Deep Conditioning
Airdrying
Protective Styling
Moisturizing

Saffirejuiliet

1. Hair One- Tea Tree
2. Deep Conditioner
3. Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
4. Twists/Twist Outs
5. My Oil Mix
:)

ad0rkabletash

Let's see...

1. Drinking lots and lots of water!
2. Buns, buns, and more buns
3. A few good DC's
4. Good Hair Days pins
5. A good moisturizer (once I find one *sigh*)

ITD - you have my deepest sympathies in all of that heat this early in the summer - it won't get that hot here (3 blocks from the beach in the sunny lbc) until mid-august.:grin:

Count your blessings because it's been in the mid 90s or higher for weeks! The one day that it didn't get that hot, we had crazy storms and water spouts. I love Florida weather. :rolleyes:

So the past couple of weeks have been great practice for July.

1) Scarf

2) Profectiv Break Free

3) Water

4) Experience with stretching relaxers

5 )Scurl (I use this maybe 1x every 2wks, But it's a lifesaver when my ends have been zapped dry by the sun)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

2) Profectiv Break Free

How do you Like this? I just started using it. Actually I put some on today.:yep:

It's the one in the Pink Jar. "Daily Leave-In Strengthener" 7x Stronger Hair."

anon123

Bobby Pins, Hair Combs, Flexi8s, Conditioner, Castor Oil.
Oh, and shampoo, because my sweaty head needs shampoo more often in the summer than it does in the winter.

Yep, That's the one I use. I started off ago using the yellow one for a bit over a year (Mega Growth). It's thicker and more oily, but basically the same formula.

After Mega Growth, I started using the Breakfree (the pinkish/purple one). I like b/c of its consistency and it makes my hair feel great (strong and moisturized). I've been using that one for almost 3 years.

brucebettye

water
scurl
cowashing
deep conditioning
braidouts

My hair hates the summer. I have to cowash my hair at least 3 times a week to keep it from drying out.

Essensual

1.H20
2.Avocado Oil
3.Deep Conditioner
4.Moisturizer
5.Roller Sets

Miss*Tress

Deep conditioning 3 times a week
Twist outs
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol as a leave-in
Marula oil
Ayurveda washing powders

tkj25

1. water
2. veggie glycerine
3. spray bottle:)
4. botanical conditioner
5. protective styles

in_di_vi_du_al

1. Water. For rinsing my hair and drinking.

2. Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner. Yummy. I can rinse it out and leave it in and basically use it for everything. It's great.

3. Castor oil. Can't live without it. Keeps my ends looking really good.

4. Patience. Because my hair only grows so fast and it kind of annoys me.

5. A sense of humor. Because I'm going to be trying some new styles and they're probably going to look crazy but I'm going to pretend they look amazing.

1. My satin Scarf
2. Coconut Oil
3. GVP Joico Reconstructing Moisturizing Conditioner
4. Chi Infra Shampoo/Infra Treatment <3 <3
5. Deep conditioning 1-2 x's a week:drunk:

jaded_faerie

1. water
2. protective styling
3. head bands
4.hair pomade/shea butter
5. air drying