Name Your All time Favorite-BACK IN THE DAY STYLE

G

When I get home I'm gonna post my Graduation Pic, it is really sad, I'm warning you now. I don't even know if it was a style. It's sort of a nappy flip /images/graemlins/blush.gifoo:

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
GIRL, You just know you was the Bomb!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't tell me I wasn't the cutest girl on the planet. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I would roller set the top with Miss Cool 5-Minute Fast Set and plastic pink rollers with snap-on holders. How I slept with those things in my hair I will never know...

Those pants are KILLING ME! They were straight leg highwaters that I could just barely get my foot through. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

NayNay

Mindymouse said:
What was a Rat Tail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both males and females sported the look. For females it was especially popular with the short assymetrical bob. It was simply a long piece of hair hanging from the nape of the neck that was much longer than the rest of the hair. The rat tail existed either from the middle of your head or on the side depending on the style! /images/graemlins/wink.gif Remember Shelia E's look I think at one time (ABC &amp; Erotic City &amp; Beat Street) she sported a short tail!

G

Ohh, ok yeah, I did'nt know that what they were called. Now that I think of it, I do remember the being called tails..

Wow, on the side too?!?!?!

**crackin up at sassy bout the tight highwaters**

sweetcocoa

sassygirl125 said:
My mullet

This is me in 1989 sporting my favorite style--the black
girl mullet! Check out that pink and yellow outfit! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea...looking good Sassygirl! I remember that one... that was my '80's look... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Fashionista

Mines would definately have to be beads. I remember when I use to get my hair braided in cornrows all across to one side and have different color beads at the end with aluminum foil at the ends to secure it. I use to swing my hair just to make noise as I walked so everyone knew I was coming. Good lord what was I thinking /images/graemlins/drunk.gif. And then had a nerve to top it of with neon clothing (remember back when neon was in and we could light up a room /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and then I would have the matching jelly sandals to match. Damn the 80's sure did make fashion victims of all of us. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

In the 90's I was into my once every two week hairdo the infamous Finger Waves, Pineapple Waves, etc. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

honeycomb719

I would have to say (pump waves) was my all-time favorite hair style back in the day /images/graemlins/grin.gif You couldn't tell me nothing when I got my hair pumped up.LOL When I look at them old pics of that styles I still think I was looking cute /images/graemlins/grin.gif I was rocking that style about 10-11 years ago when I was 15. I thought I was T-Boz from TLC, alot of people use to tell me that back then, But maybe it was because I wore the baggy colored pants w/ the mens white shirt and colorful neck ties to match LOL. And to top it all off I had to keep a new pair of beaming white classic K-swiss /images/graemlins/grin.gif Dang ya'll got me reminiscing /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crysdon

My favorite old-school style to wear was a BIG bun on top and hair hanging in the back...very "mullett-ey". /images/graemlins/look.gif

G

Please do not call me Jacko. My name is Jackson. The European press made up that name "Wacko Jacko." It is very disrespectful. I don't know whether you know where the "name" originated or not, so I'm just telling you that it is not nice. I do not like it. Thank you.

G

Bleaching? pebbles, I thought you were a fan. Come on, this is a treatment for the condition, vitiligo. Please don't say that I bleached my skin. That makes it sound like I purposely made my skin lighter to look white. That is not the case. I hope you and others will learn to understand that.

H

HoneyRockette

Asymmetrical bob in the house!!! Having your hair go from 1 side short to the other side long

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my style too! I had the asymmetrical bob on the top and the back was shoulder length and wavy. I also have been known to rock the waterfalls. Did anyone mention jheri curls? I've never had that style but I thought someone here would. I know someone here had that Soul Glow!

BTW You have got GUTS posting the mullet pic! LOL! You did look 80s chic but a mullet? You've got more guts than me.

elliot

The shag curl was my favorite. I wanted one so bad but my mom would not let me get "that drippy mess" on my head. In retrospect, I am glad she didnt. Mom always knows whats best. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

H

HoneyRockette

What's a shag curl? I know of the regular shag where the top is longer than the sides and the back. I was just going to mention that actually. I have never heard of a shag curl though.

skegeesmb

The shag curl is the shag but just with a jherri curl right?

Oh I also liked the bun with hair hanging out in the back with finger curls in the bun right before the bangs.

elliot

skegeesmb said:
The shag curl is the shag but just with a jherri curl right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, a jheri curl that was cut into a shag--short on the sides and top and long in the back. Do you guys remember the movie Coming To America and the guy with the long curl? Yep, I wanted one just like that! "Let yo soul glow!"

pebbles

Bleaching? pebbles, I thought you were a fan. Come on, this is a treatment for the condition, vitiligo. Please don't say that I bleached my skin. That makes it sound like I purposely made my skin lighter to look white. That is not the case. I hope you and others will learn to understand that.

[/ QUOTE ]

MJackson, as I told you before, I was a fan of MJ a long time ago. These days I do not keep up with celebrity news. Perhaps he did have vitiligo, but I do believe that if he did have it, he bleached his skin to make it lighter. That is my honest view. I don't know anything about the real MJ for sure. I only go by what I read and see on t.v, and I do not believe everything reported.

I know one person who has a mild form of vitiligo, and she uses dark make-up to cover the patches on her cheeks and neck. I do think MJ could have done the same. Sorry if you don't like my views, but it's my honest opinion of this whole situation. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Please note: You may want to stop representing yourself as the real MJ. I've advised you against this repeatedly. What happens from this point on is up to you.

G

Whoever is posting as MJackson.

You really need to give it a rest ok. You keep speaking in third person form as though you are him, it is very annoying now.

If you must defend him, do it as yourself a fan OK.

This is gettin on my nerves, and I say that respectfully.

Jenai

Fashionista said:
And then had a nerve to top it of with neon clothing (remember back when neon was in and we could light up a room /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and then I would have the matching jelly sandals to match. Damn the 80's sure did make fashion victims of all of us. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, talk about looking cute! My cutest hairstyle was my shoulder-length leisure curl styled with poofy bangs in the front (Salon selectives mouse) and pulled back with a bannana clip. The outfit I liked best in the 80's was my poison green pants and matching shirt with poison green, neon yellow, and hot pink on it.

How could you guys forget the shoes? I loved my L.A. Gear shoes. They were white with hot pink and black on them. Oh, and they had three pairs of shoestrings in them and the LA Gear keychain hanging off the side. Stylin'!!!

G

Some people on this board are really mean. I can talk anyway I want. This is a free country. I'm not hurting anyone. If you don't like the way I talk, don't read my posts!

pebbles

MJackson,

This is a free country, but it's not right to represent yourself falsely as someone else, and that has been the problem from the start. The person you are hurting is the real MJ, because you are making people angry by continually referring to yourself as though you were him. You are not fooling anyone and that's the point people are trying to make to you. Do not speak in first person as though you are the real MJ and you should be fine.

LondonDiva

The Shag. That always makes me laugh when I hear americans use that term. To an English person to have a shag or have had a shag means they just got laid. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Robin41

Isn't ID theft illegal anyway? Totally OT but I know the feds are being EXTREMELY diligent these days about identification theft. I went to open a checking account last week and had to produce THREE forms of ID and a current bill evidencing my address just because of this issue. MJackson, you may want to take note.

thatscuteright

Re: Name Your All time Favorite-BACK IN THE DAY ST

I was all about the French roll with bangs, and the Claire Huxtable mullet.
/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

elliot

LondonDiva said:
The Shag. That always makes me laugh when I hear americans use that term. To an English person to have a shag or have had a shag means they just got laid. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! That is too funny. Thanks for sharing. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Integrity

MJackson said:
Please do not call me Jacko. My name is Jackson. The European press made up that name "Wacko Jacko." It is very disrespectful. I don't know whether you know where the "name" originated or not, so I'm just telling you that it is not nice. I do not like it. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

eerrrr, ok. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

pebbles

eerrrr, ok.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL, don't worry about that Pandora. That's been taken care of. /images/graemlins/smile.gif