Nape Nightmare~Shortie to Longhair Gal *Get in Here*

jamaicalovely

Hi Ladies,

I was going through my digital camera and came across photos of my nape before my new install in October. I saw these and bout died. :eek:

My nape is practically bald. I knew I had some thinning issues earlier in the summer, but thought I was making progress with Megatek. FYI - The thinning/baldiing occured when I got micros last January.

I don't know if it looks worse because the "W" in my nape is really thickening up. Then, what's weird is that my stylist managed to great a braid in very low on my nape. Also, with my hair comed down over it, my hair looks fine. That's why all this time I thought all was good.

Anyways....so the questions are:
- Is this normal when someone is growing out a short pixie cut?
- Do you think possibly my hair is growing in way below my hairline (due to Megatek) and I'm freaking out for no reason?
- Should I not worry about it and continue with my Megatek /OCT regimen? Recommend I add MN to the mix too?
- Should I not braid down here anymore?
- Should I cut my hair above this mark and start over?

:help:

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

FluffyRed

That does not look bad to me, if you have fine hair. I think mine would look like that, too. My nape hair is of a softer texture and it feels like its thinner. I'm scared to take a pic!!

jamaicalovely

That does not look bad to me, if you have fine hair. I think mine would look like that, too. My nape hair is of a softer texture and it feels like its thinner. I'm scared to take a pic!!

Thanks, Choppybob.

Ok, girls 68 views and only 1 post. Is it that bad? :perplexed My feelings won't be hurt.

TaurusAngel

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm between SL and APL and my nape is much shorter than the rest of my hair. I just try and baby it as much as possible. But i wouldn't do anything drastic. ;)

EMJazzy

Happily retired
To me it looks like it's braided to your hairline. You have nothing to worry about, continue doing what you are doing with MT/OCT. :yep: :hug2:

ajacks

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm between SL and APL and my nape is much shorter than the rest of my hair. I just try and baby it as much as possible. But i wouldn't do anything drastic. ;)

I agree. Give it some time to catch up. The fact that your stylist can now braid it is definitely a sign of improvement. Just make sure she does not braid it too tight and baby that section. You are making wonderful progress, so keep doing what you are doing.

jamaicalovely

Ok, sorry for the alarm. My hair has never been this long in my life and I don't know what's normal and what's not. I have had my hair tapered since middle school.

The journey continues :)

P.S. To my MT/OCT Challenge ladies...here was your sneak peek to my Oct progress photo. hehe

Last edited:

Platinum

I agree with the others, JL. I wouldn't worry about it. Just continue to baby it.:yep: BTW, you've got some great progress! Keep up the good work. I haven't been home in a week and I left my MT at home.:wallbash:

NGraceO

LOL...ITA. I was just finding out I ad a diff. texture @ my nape so am just now tweaking my regime to accomodate it. All my life I think its been thinner b/c I didn't know that simple fact. But you should be fine honey, just keep it consistent, and you should see results. I thin patience is key and not to panic and go product overload trynna fix it....your hair will probably thank you..HTH. And Happy hair growing!:yep:

Artemis

My nape is a different texture completely. I have to treat it like a different head for it to respond and catch up. I did it after 6 mos of obssession, but one bad touch-up and it ran down the drain :nono: so I'm back to focusing on it again.

Just keep taking care of it and make that your priority section (figure out what it needs to keep it healthy) and you'll see it get better.

jamaicalovely

I agree with the others, JL. I wouldn't worry about it. Just continue to baby it.:yep: BTW, you've got some great progress! Keep up the good work. I haven't been home in a week and I left my MT at home.:wallbash:

Thanks. You know better than that!
Why don't you put some in a travel container and keep in your truck?

My nape is a different texture completely. I have to treat it like a different head for it to respond and catch up. I did it after 6 mos of obssession, but one bad touch-up and it ran down the drain so I'm back to focusing on it again.

Just keep taking care of it and make that your priority section (figure out what it needs to keep it healthy) and you'll see it get better.

Yeah, it loves moisture. Loves MT and Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion.

LOL...ITA. I was just finding out I ad a diff. texture @ my nape so am just now tweaking my regime to accomodate it. All my life I think its been thinner b/c I didn't know that simple fact. But you should be fine honey, just keep it consistent, and you should see results. I thin patience is key and not to panic and go product overload trynna fix it....your hair will probably thank you..HTH. And Happy hair growing!
Amazing what you learn here.

Hey lady! Just keep up with what you are doing. Give yourself extra time with scalp massages in that area.
Yeah, I've been committing to massaging while in traffic. < That's 45 minutes a day. hehe

Last edited:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I shaved my nape in August and it is just now getting to be a 1/4". Don't freak out, just baby it and keep doin' whatcha do. maybe stop braiding that low for awhile, and see if that helps any.