Nappy edges.....Please help!!!!!!!

Wanda

Can anyone recommend something that will keep my edges laying down. I have a press and I just can't seem to keep my edges from getting nappy but the rest of hair stays straight the entire two weeks......Help please. I'm on suicide watch...LOL

Wanda

The only gels I've ever used was Pro-syle and Pre-con which tends to be very flaky and drying. Can you recommend one?

SVT

I can never get my edges to remain flat either. I always have varying degrees of fuzz going on around my edges.

The best way I've found for making the fuzzy edges less noticeable is to braid my pressed hair and wear the braidout as a style. My fuzzies blend in better with the crimp/wavy pattern created by the braidout.

niva

I don"t know how you feel about wax, nor have I heard of or used this product but here goes:
In the August Issue of Sophisticate's Black Hair magazine, Gabrielle Union stated she uses (as a must have) The Tancho Wax Stick. She stated that it will lay your hair down.

marla

Wild Growth Oil works well for me. I don't put it on my scalp, because it makes me itch.

inthepink

I've heard good things about the fantasia ic gel with sparkle lites. Right now, I'm using fantansia frizz buster straightening gel...and it doesn't get hard, doesn't flake, and has no alcohol. I want to try the ic gel when I run out. What I do is mix the gel with a pomade and run over my edges, then put on a silk scarf snugly for a couple of hours.
good luck!

adrienne0914

i use the Fantasia IC gel. it works well, but when my hair is stubborn, i use Beyond The Zone Stiff Head. it's a wax that is probably comparable to what Gabrielle Union uses. i get it at Sally's. niva, have you tried the Tancho Wax Stick? i did a search on it, and the container looks just like the Stiff Head one. i'd be curious to know if it provides even more hold (some PJ's are never satisfied)...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Do you know about JAM pudding? Well, I use the product by Smooth 'N' Shine that is the same type of product as JAM. It's a gel that doesn't harden.

jaibee

I use paul mitchell slick works...it is a light wax as well. I used to use Let's Jam. You may want to try that too. Or Elasta QP glaze.

LadyDee

Try a pomade and carry a soft brush for touchups. Gel on natural hair is a disaster waiting to happen. I used Elasta Glaze one time and that stuff melted and ran down my face! Thank goodness folks thought I was sweating..............

A

AmilLion

Thanks to SherryLove, I've discovered Aloe Vera Gel. What I'll do is, comb down my edges with a fine tooth comb, apply a small of Aloe Vera Gel, put on satin scarf, and voila, by morning, my edges are straight, soft and smooth.

EmeraldSky

I would recommend either Wild Growth oil or Dudley's pressing creme, I have a thing about my edges being smooth and I found that smoothing either the Dudley or WGO onto my hairline and then wrapping it with a silk scarf help my edges stay smooth and straight.

caress

I press my hair and one thing that does work is the product that Adrienne mentioned--Beyond the Zone Stiff Head. The only thing is you cannot use too much because it can get get greasy. Another similar product is KMS Hair Play Stick-it wax.

Also if I want a gelled down look I find that I can't just put gel on my hair and tie it down. What I do is I use one of the products I just mentioned first and then I rub a little gel in the palms of my hands and then put the gel on my hairline and then tie it down until it dries. I get a really smooth hairline after that. I use Isoplus gel for this.

Jaquai

i recommend elasta qp glaze I have never had any problem with it running down my face. it works well for relaxed or natural hair. i am natural by the way. maybe you should try wearing your hair in style where the nappy edges will blend in better. if you get the product from sally's, you can always return it if you dont like it.