NATIONAL AFRO DAY!!!!

preciouslove0x

Okay after this July 4th can we change it to another month... like August?? lol I wanna be in school during National Afro Day. I wanna be like POW POW IN YOUR FACE lol. :lachen:

Sianna

What a fantastic idea!!! I am so in!!!

I won't have a huge 'fro by July, but I'm shooting for a medium sized afro! :yep:

Maybe I'll blow it out! :grin:

Platinum

Great idea! I love it! I'm almost 11 months post now but I don't plan to BC anytime soon. I'll probably do a rollerset on small rollers and that should give me a nice 'fro.:afro:

I BC'd after transitioning for 53 weeks. I'll be rocking my fro on the 4th.:grin:

Miss AJ

im so in! 2 more months of protective styles and Soul Glo should give me a nice size fro to rock at several bbq's lol.

ConsiderCamille

I am soooo in! I wish I could wear a big fro EVERYDAY, but I think that would lead to some damage, sooo... July 4th it is, Fro Independence Day!

BlkOnyx488

here are some t shirt ideas.
I found a website that you can personalize your own t-shirt online

I am not sure what to put for the text,
"Fros for the 4th"
or
"National Afro Day"
definately it should have the date and year!
or is the redundant
idunno
here are a few graphics the website has, you can add your own graphics, or change the colors they use

The more colors you use the more it cost.

I think someone from LHCF has used this company before because I found 3 images that where named LHCF1, 2, and 3

this is the company

I think I will make another post with a poll to vote on the T-shirt, or you can just buy the one you like and add the text the you want your t-shirt to say!

Attachments

• fro1.jpg
    fro1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 49
  • fro2.jpg
    fro2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 44
  • fro3.jpg
    fro3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 41
  • fro4.jpg
    fro4.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Miss AJ

I just announced it on my facebook. When i do my national afro day shirt im either gonna use a throwback pic of MJ or the Jackson 5 or do sumthin funny like super impose fros on the Golden Girls and have it say National Afro day across the top :lachen:

BlkOnyx488

Thanks Funny
they had a few images of Obama with fro on the site I was thinking of doing that LOL

I lovethe golden girls, I could see Bea Authur rocking a fro and pulling all the menz with her deep voice:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I just announced it on my facebook. When i do my national afro day shirt im either gonna use a throwback pic of MJ or the Jackson 5 or do sumthin funny like super impose fros on the Golden Girls and have it say National Afro day across the top :lachen:

Miss AJ

Orrrrr, even though i know Bey isnt an open natural, i'll use a pic of her as Foxxy Cleopatra and have her karaticizing a box of relaxer and a flat iron and it'll say Shazam! on the front and National Afro Day on the back lol

Anew

I like fros for the 4th, that would be nice on a shirt. And I agree a Facebook fan page for this would be nice. Ill be just about one year post so I'm def gonna do this

Miss AJ

And for all the 90's kids like myself, im thinkin fros on ppl such as the Power Rangers, Muppet Babies, Rugrats, whatever your heart desires :lachen: ok im done now, this is what happens when im bored at the airport lol

BlkOnyx488

Here are a few hot pics for tees

this pic would be a nice siloette(sp) pic (I can't spell sue me)

I think I found mine

http://www.flickr.com/photos/superchocolate/4507494255/in/photostream/

Last edited:

Anew

i made a really cute one on spreadshirt, i'm about to order it

I love the badu pic and the one of the lady that's naked but has her leg covering her body

Anew

Okay, who's gonna start the Fros for the 4th Facebook fan page, lol...

I think it would be nice to submit photos of us wearing our shirts that we created and post them on the page

BlkOnyx488

I tried but facebook hates me
I did manage to make an event for it
but it wouldn't let me make a fan page
or I don't know what I am doing:ohwell::spinning:

Okay, who's gonna start the Fros for the 4th Facebook fan page, lol...

I think it would be nice to submit photos of us wearing our shirts that we created and post them on the page

Last edited:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I'm making my tee, and I'm using this photo of my parents on the front.

Attachments

• Two Hippies tryin to be cute,LOL.jpg
    Two Hippies tryin to be cute,LOL.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 50