NATIONAL AFRO DAY!!!!

Mook's hair

OK, Ya'll asked for a logo so I made one.

Please feel free to use it on your blogs, tees, siggies etc. Just give me a shout out and let me know that you used it. Also if you need a larger version, hit me with a PM.

Please feel free to use it on your blogs, tees, siggies etc. Just give me a shout out and let me know that you used it. Also if you need a larger version, hit me with a PM.

SouthernBeauty

OK, Ya'll asked for a logo so I made one.

Mook I want to change my profile pic to this on facebook if you dont mind!

Shananyganz

I'm making my tee, and I'm using this photo of my parents on the front.

OMG!! This picture!!! Okay...I don't know if my hormones are out of whack, but I got super emotional when I saw it. EITHER WAY!!! It just exudes love. Thanks for sharing!!!

I'll have my afro in TACT!!! I'll take a picture of how I wear it and what my T-shirt looks like...I actually got it when I went to Greece in April..who knew!?!

~S~

nychaelasymone

I'm in! I hope my hair puffs cause I've just figured out that my natural hair texture is wavy/straight. All these years of relaxers and I never needed one.....curses!

Anew

I love those

Wish I would've had these a few weeks ago, may be too late to get them done in time for the 4th

Janet'

Darn it! That's the weekend I'm straightening!!!! #epicfail...I will be with you in spirit!!!

Miss AJ

I forgot allll about getting my shirt!! I just went and ordered 2 with express shipping lol. The one im wearing for the 4th has a skull with a fro, half his fro is the colors of the Pan African flag, and the other half is the American flag...and the other one I bought is sooo cute, its got a chick with a HUUUUGE fro, and it has the lyrics to Bey's Ego, but it says I love my big AFRO instead of ego! I had to have it lol. I was gonna get one that said, "If i were u i'd stare at my hair too" but that's a bit too cocky for me lol.

Soliel185

I have been seeing this all over the place (Mook hit me up on Fotki!) and I am super excited. :grin:

I was planning on rocking my fro anyway but now I have to find a way to make it super-huge. I've never picked it out, so maybe Sunday is the day. :blush::woot:

Yoshi3329

I'm with ya'll in spirit. I'll definitely rock my fro next year! I'm also going to the taste today, and I better see some of ya'll with Afros. I mean it. lol.

Give me something to awe about.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

This is my fro, LOL. I still have my head tie on to smooth my edges, but here's a pic for now:

ETA, I opted not to do a full fro, because my edges look like they are receding (time to touch up my roots).

Last edited:

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
Here's my contribution to the National Day of appreciation. I went to Central Park today and I must say, I was rather disappointed by numbers of fellow afro wearers. Maybe I was in the wrong area, but even on the drive over from NJ, I kept count and only spotted 5 other women sporting afros. Oh well...

Attachments

• National Afro Day.jpg
    National Afro Day.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 39

SouthernBeauty

I was so disappointed in my fro! I went to my inlaws and didnt have any of my hair products so I couldnt do a blow out! Anyway here are the photos and the last picture is from Saturday!

Attachments

• e4961ad3.jpg
    e4961ad3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 94210091.jpg
    94210091.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 34921_1436503306723_1057174372_31302205_1639684_n.jpg
    34921_1436503306723_1057174372_31302205_1639684_n.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 38