*****Natural Bun Pics*****

Fine 4s

Hello again ladies,

Since I returned to the salon, I’ve been wearing my hair in a bun and will continue doing so until my next wash day. It’s very different working with blow dried hair. For example, the need to detangle is gone AND I have no knots! I’m fighting the temptation to do this more often. I got so carried away, I broke out the beads J

Here’s a link to an old flexi 8 bun picture taken in 2008 ….

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=205243&highlight=

The first 4 pics were taken on Friday when the bun was created. The following pics were taken on Saturday when I went hiking.

I finally get it when folks say “I take my bun down to re-moisturize.” NOW, I can do the same. But on a natural bun, no way Jose, that baby stays put until wash day.

See ya!

Last edited:

Fine 4s

OMG your bun is soooo pretty!! :)
How did you make it?

1. Make Ponytail
2. Fan out Ponytail
3. Start working with outer hair
4. Grab a section and roll with fingers as if you're making a pin curl
5. Pin base with bobby pin (I still need to locate the Amish pins, they're safer right?)
6. Continue step 4-5 all around ponytail until no more sections are left except for...
7. Middle section. Follow step 4 & 5 again and Voila!

This one was about 6 sections. I think the smaller you make the sections the neater the bun looks. Plus, my pins were too small...

I moisturized with a shea butter mixture and Ghee and then slapped on some Jojoba oil.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
1. Make Ponytail
2. Fan out Ponytail
3. Start working with outer hair
4. Grab a section and roll with fingers as if you're making a pin curl
5. Pin base with bobby pin (I still need to locate the Amish pins, they're safer right?)
6. Continue step 4-5 all around ponytail until no more sections are left except for...
7. Middle section. Follow step 4 & 5 again and Voila!

This one was about 6 sections. I think the smaller you make the sections the neater the bun looks. Plus, my pins were too small...

I moisturized with a shea butter mixture and Ghee and then slapped on some Jojoba oil.

I used to make my buns like that before too. They get so deliciously big and impressive :D

Fine 4s

Lovely! How long have you been using ghee? I almost got some the last time I went to the Indian store but put it back.

I bought some about a year ago (purely for shine) and rarely used it. In fact, most of it has turned white :S

delitefulmane

Wait a minute!! You mean to tell me you have all of these lovely pics and NO FOTKI to stalk...I mean look through!! :nono: Not cool!! :lachen::lachen: I guess Im going to have to figure out to do this style myself without gawking at your pictures!!

nikki2229

Wait a minute!! You mean to tell me you have all of these lovely pics and NO FOTKI to stalk...I mean look through!! :nono: Not cool!! :lachen::lachen: I guess Im going to have to figure out to do this style myself without gawking at your pictures!!

LOL. She explained it in post #4.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Fine4s, your bun is very nice! I love the volume your created with your bun! I'm going to try those steps you posted to see if I can create a similar bun with my hair, but I think you may have more length than me. :)