Natural Fine Hair & Bedtime Routine

PlanetCybertron

Oh doesn't it tangle up?

Mine does. The looser my hair is the more tangled it gets. That’s not to say I have to sleep with a protective style that’s just super tight, but my hair does need to be separated when I sleep.

A satin scarf does help, but depending on how hard you sleep on your pillow, sometimes it doesn’t do much to prevent tangles. So long as the majority of my hair is protected and put up in some way, the tangles aren’t that bad.

I usually either braid or twist up my hair, spray my hair down with water really good, put on my bonnet, and then either a hat or my beanie. Usually my bonnet stays on better that way

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
I have
Mine does. The looser my hair is the more tangled it gets. That’s not to say I have to sleep with a protective style that’s just super tight, but my hair does need to be separated when I sleep.

A satin scarf does help, but depending on how hard you sleep on your pillow, sometimes it doesn’t do much to prevent tangles. So long as the majority of my hair is protected and put up in some way, the tangles aren’t that bad.

I usually either braid or twist up my hair, spray my hair down with water really good, put on my bonnet, and then either a hat or my beanie. Usually my bonnet stays on better that way

I have long natural hair and a satin bonnet and pillow case is a must.
However I was noticing the tangles as well. So now I wear my hair in a stretched state as much as possible. I find that while my hair is really stretched it will not tangle on itself...

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I use 2 scarves and a bonnet. I put all my hair to the back (or up if I'm going to bun the next day. The first scarf is for my edges. The second scarf covers my ends. The bonnet goes on top so nothing comes out.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I use a Bonnet. My hair doesn't really tangle. But during the winter I twist my hair before bed.

blazingbeauty

I use a large satin bonnet.

If my style that week is twists in a bun - I just take down the bun and sleep with my twists loose in a bonnet

High Buns - I take out the bun and wrap my scarf like a closed pineapple to keep the shape and lay my edges.

Wash n go - 2 ponytails using scrunchies or something low tension like that and a bonnet

Twist out/braid out - I pineapple and limit rebraiding to 1-2x/wk. I don’t keep these styles in for more than a week.

Last edited:

gn1g

I sleep on a satin pillow case but always keep my hair in a bun/braid.plates something, or it would be tangle city - darn near dreads.