Natural Hair and College

theeREALmccoy

I go to a PWI in north Louisiana and going natural is all the rage here! I went natural the summer before school started & when I got back I was ecstatic!! Most of the girls who are natural seem to not take care of their hair though....I see a lot of dry brittle hair :nono:

LadyRaider

I'm a professor with natural hair. I hope to be a model, but I kinda struggle with styling, so I am not the best. My campus is predominantly white/latino. There are just a few black students.

The two black girls I have just break my heart because their hair looks like mine used to. All stiff and broken off. I just want to catch both of them and tell them "PROTECT THOSE ENDS!" They are both pretty. They can wear their hair up and still be cute!

Skiggle

I go to a PWI in north Louisiana and going natural is all the rage here! I went natural the summer before school started & when I got back I was ecstatic!! Most of the girls who are natural seem to not take care of their hair though....I see a lot of dry brittle hair :nono:

Same thing on my campus and I too attend a PWI.
There ia about 35% naturals on my campus and everything else in between.
I have to restrain myself and not go up to one and suggest a moisturizing leave in. Her hair was beyond dry.