Natural hair and fluff

RUBY

Does your natural hair attract fluff? I'm finding that sometimes my hair does and it could be a number of things like general fluff e.g bedding fluff, hair product residue fluff. Either way I would like for my hair not to get this fluff because it can be difficult to get out, cause breakage and if its white or any other colour can look unsightly and dirty. So any suggestions on how i can stop this menace?

RayRayFurious

The only thing I can think of is to hide or cover your hair. Try a scarf or hat. Otherwise, it's a natural (ha!) thing that will continue to happen.

southerncitygirl

nope, because i wear a bonnet all time time in the house until its time for me to leave. i'm a heavy user of product because i moisturize and seal 3-5 times a week.

NaiyaAi

My friend's does. Her hair attracts all kinds of lint like you wouldn't believe, due to cheap college bedsheets and her not using a scarf/bonnet.

virtuenow

When you use a lot of product, your hair tends to pick things up as you go. So, I found that when I take it easy on shea butter and other heavy creams, my hair wasn't as clunked down w/xtra thingy-ma-bobs

hair4today

My hair doesn't but you've just described my dd's hair to a T. We jokingly call her velcro hair. Her hair attracts dust, lint and just about anything floating around the air. Drives me nuts. All I can do is be extra careful with take-downs, especially hair accessories, sometimes cutting them out to remove the lint. I also, make sure her twists and braids are taken down at least once a week otherwise the build-up is just craaazy and a shampoo to clean is a must (co-washing is a no-no) and using a silk bonnet also helps .

Last edited:

RUBY

Any other suggestions? I cover my head when I sleep so I still don't know why this happens. I going to try and be less heavy handed with products but still its so irritating

ItsMeFre

My hair doesn't but you've just described my dd's hair to a T. We jokingly call her velcro hair. Her hair attracts dust, lint and just about anything floating around the air. Drives me nuts. All I can do is be extra careful with take-downs, especially hair accessories, sometimes cutting them out to remove the lint. I also, make sure her twists and braids are taken down at least once a week otherwise the build-up is just craaazy and a shampoo to clean is a must (co-washing is a no-no) and using a silk bonnet also helps .

This is me exactly! I was just about to say, my hair does not but my 1 1/2 year old's does!