Natural Ladies, brown gel

dplyrooted

In the summertime, my hair won't hold worth a dang. Eco gel won't do it, ic gel doesn't help.
So I slick it down with brown gel.
Now hold up wait a minute, I know brown gel can dry the mess out of your hair.
So here is my regimen.
First day when I wash my hair, I make sure I coat it real good with the activator gel by long aide before applying dax and then the brown gel.
No problems mon'
It holds really good and it doesn't get hard or dry.
have any of you tried something similiar or better

Love Always

Brown gel can be very drying. But,to answer your question I have been using KeraCare Clear Protein Styling Gel for five years now. I really like it, it holds good and it doesn't flake.

Supervixen

Wow, this is SO funny, because I've just started bck to using DAX + BROWN GEL + WATER. My hair isn't nearly as dry as it was if I used it when I had a relaxer.

LionQueen

I've had the same issues with getting the edges to stay down!
The lil fuzzy brown "halo" is cute when you're 4... Not so cute at 44!

I use Fantastix Beeswax (really "stiff" stuff) 1st, followed by Brown gel.
The combo keeps the edge hair smooth, flexible, and growing. :clap:

chebaby

im not a fan of gel but lately i have been using hairveda whipped gelly and that stuff is the bomb. it slicks down the front of my hair and makes my curls pop. i am a 3c 4a natural and i have very very very fine hair. my hair loves protein but i wont EVER use brown gel or any other gel that isnt soft hold. i also use kccc but i use very little and i mix with a ton of leave in. so i prefer hairveda whipped gelly.

NikStarrr

I think as long as you're using something moisturizing underneath it, you're good. With the summer humidity here in the South, my hair isn't slicking down as easily as usual, but shea butter and Fantasia IC gel has been able to do the trick.

Lucky's Mom

I have never purchased brown gel!

I probably should though............ I use Aloe Vera... and honey and jojoba to slick things down. I don't like Crunch!!!!

kblc06

In the summertime, my hair won't hold worth a dang. Eco gel won't do it, ic gel doesn't help.
So I slick it down with brown gel.
Now hold up wait a minute, I know brown gel can dry the mess out of your hair.
So here is my regimen.
First day when I wash my hair, I make sure I coat it real good with the activator gel by long aide before applying dax and then the brown gel.
No problems mon'
It holds really good and it doesn't get hard or dry.
have any of you tried something similiar or better

Great that you found what works for you....I use pump it up spritz after I've slicked my hair back and just coat the ends of my ponytail with moisturizer and bun it up. :look: Works fantabulously :yep:. I just make sure I NEVER even attempt to detangle or manipulate my hair once it has set. I rinse of under the shower to loosen the spritz, then remove my ponytail holder. I put conditioner so that I can work through any tangles and shed hair while under the shower. Lather shampoo, rinse, condition. I honestly do not mind the cruchiness if it means that I don't have to fool with my hair for a whole 5 days

Jenibo

i was just contemplating buyin some brown gel but was nervous because of the negative effects i endured when i had a relaxer. One day i woke up to get ready for school & my edges were gone from constant gel use! I tried to lay them

Jenibo

i was just contemplating buyin some brown gel but was nervous because of the negative effects i endured when i had a relaxer. One day i woke up to get ready for school & my edges were gone from constant gel use! I tried to lay them down with more gel but they were so short it didn't work. Thx for the thread op.

Kimdionneca

I use ECO Styler brown gel with a lil castor oil and water. It doesnt dry my hair out at all that way.

I think that this sounds like a good way to use it. I am going to try it. I wear puffs cause my buns are soooo tiny:blush:. But can I ask you do you wash the gel out every day and then re-do it?

ryanshope

I use Fantasia "Brown" protein gel for my twist outs. While my hair is soaking wet I use a liquid leave-in conditioner and twist my hair. It is a lil crunchy but the twist last longer.

BrownEyez22

I use Fantasia "Brown" protein gel for my twist outs. While my hair is soaking wet I use a liquid leave-in conditioner and twist my hair. It is a lil crunchy but the twist last longer.

^I think a member (so1913, could be wrong), uses this too and has good results. I purchased some, but I haven't tried it yet. I could never get with the ampro styling gel, I think I purchased a mini/tiny container in middle school and didn't even finish it. The way you are using it OP, I could see that working.

Heavy creams mixed with castor oil work well on edges too.

brucebettye

The best thing ever to lay dowm my sides are Ampro Pro Styl Berry Ice It holds like brown gel, but drys clear. I don't have to use a brush to get my edges to lay down I can just use my hands. I love this gel!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Hair gel.jpg
    Hair gel.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 3

so1913

^I think a member (so1913, could be wrong), uses this too and has good results. I purchased some, but I haven't tried it yet. I could never get with the ampro styling gel, I think I purchased a mini/tiny container in middle school and didn't even finish it. The way you are using it OP, I could see that working.

Heavy creams mixed with castor oil work well on edges too.

Yep, that is me! Regular user of it, have my hair slicked back with some today...