Natural Ladies... I Have A ???

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Does anyone relax their edges only? I’m 4b and I’m in my 8th year natural. Woot woot! I’m having an issue with my edges though. Nothing and I mean nothing can make them lie down. I’m mostly a straight hair natural so it looks really bad up front lol.

Headbands help sometimes... I mainly have this issue in the summer months. Fall and Winter I’m fine.

I already bought the relaxer... I just want to see if anyone can relate or has any advice for me. It’s been sitting under my cabinet for about 2 weeks untouched :laugh:

LiLi

Does anyone relax their edges only? I’m 4b and I’m in my 8th year natural. Woot woot! I’m having an issue with my edges though. Nothing and I mean nothing can make them lie down. I’m mostly a straight hair natural so it looks really bad up front lol.

Headbands help sometimes... I mainly have this issue in the summer months. Fall and Winter I’m fine.

I already bought the relaxer... I just want to see if anyone can relate or has any advice for me. It’s been sitting under my cabinet for about 2 weeks untouched :laugh:

I have heard of people doing that years ago on here.

However, have you tried wetline gel? That stuff is magic on my edges. They don’t budge and I mix it with a little avocado oil so it’s not crunchy. I have also used it without oil and it works even better — it’s just a little too crunchy for me. I can’t believe it took me so long to try it.

ckisland

I don't have anything helpful to add, but the thought of relaxing my edges crossed my mind too :laugh: :laugh: . I'm a straight haired natural, and I got my momma's edges. They do not slick or lay, and my nap is a whole 'nother problem :perplexed: .

yamilee21

I’ve known quite a few people who did this; all of them rollerset their hair every week, no blow-drying or pressing with a hot comb. This was before flat irons were a thing.

futureapl

IDK about using a relaxer on your edges. I can definitely relate when it comes to nothing holding my edges down though. I've tried everything.

classychic1908

No, but I have heard of using a hot comb on just the edges. Over time, I suppose they will heat train like any other sections of hair. I use a hot comb and japanese wax on my edges when my hair is straight.

Misseyl

No, I've not considered relaxing my edges. Because of relaxers, I lost a significant amount of hair, especially in my edges. I'm 5 years natural and my edges are growing in places that I thought wouldn't grow back in. Lets just say, if I wasn't natural I wouldn't have known that I was missing so much hair.:afro: