Natural Stylists in Carolina (South that is)

SparklingFlame

I was just wondering if anybody knows a natural stylist/salon in the Charleston area or near-abouts. I don't think I can see myself strolling up into a regular salon and telling the stylist "Hook me up, girl!" She'd probably faint at the thought of handeling all this thickness up here! I'm just afraid of putting my head in the hands of somebody who will fake the funk and tell me she knows how to handle natural hair and they lying just to get my money.
Can ya feel me on that one? If theres anybody that can help me I'd appreciate it! I just moved here a few months ago so I don't know any good stylists here PERIOD. Thanks!

tonia682

Hey,

I'm from Chuck-town too!! I heard of a shop on Spring St that does natural hair(Locs, twists...etc). don't know the name(Sorry) ,but, if I find out I'll let you know. I aslo found this on the web:
Inner Image Beauty Salon Inc
36 Blake Street
Charleston, SC
(843) 577-0136

Maybe this can get you on the right path!

Last edited:

tonia682

naturallady said:
Thanks Tonia682! That helps a lot!!! Where did you move to? Were you born here? (ok ok, so I'm a little nosey!:lol: ).

No problem!!:lol: I was not born here but I lived here as a child and then I spent the summers here after I moved. I have been here for 20 years:eek: come this July. I am currently relaxed but at some point:confused: I plan to get to go natural. It has been calling me for some time. Are you a native?

SparklingFlame

No, my hometown is Myrtle Beach. I just moved here a few months ago. You know you should go 'head and join the rest of us naturals! LOL!!!

tonia682

How are you liking Charleston? I gotta work my way to the natural. I'll get there soon. How long have you been natural? BTW my husband said the shop I mentioned is near the corner of Spring St and Line(its on the left hand side of Spring just before hitting Line). Also its in a seedy part so be careful:sekret: .

SparklingFlame

Girl, as soon as you said Spring street, I knew what kinda nieghborhood I was dealing with! When I first got outta high school, I went to Cof C. Charleston is ok. The black people here are really different. I have been natural for about a year and a half. I jsut cut all my hair off like shaved it off ant the barber shop. I love it!! Check out my album!

tonia682

naturallady said:
Girl, as soon as you said Spring street, I knew what kinda nieghborhood I was dealing with! When I first got outta high school, I went to Cof C. Charleston is ok. The black people here are really different. I have been natural for about a year and a half. I jsut cut all my hair off like shaved it off ant the barber shop. I love it!! Check out my album!

Different is not the word!!!!:look: I will be sure to check yo album out!