Natural texturizer/straightener

Zgirl

I was wondering if anyone here with Natural hair, has used a natural herbal straightener for their hair. not necessarily to get hair bone straight, but to loosen the curl pattern. Something that is safe for the hair and can be done w/out a hairdresser.
thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

beana3

try doing a search for mahalialee's henna routine.. she said that this loosened her natural curl pattern. HTH

nita4

Search the older treads. This has come up before and the information wasn't good. Ladies, who used these so called natural products experienced dryness and breakage. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hada

Hi,

Look up some of the old henna threads and do searches on henna. It has loosen my hair a bit too. It doesn't change texture but it cause hair to detangle easily and smooths cuticles down. I can wear my natural hair in a not so puffy bun. I would leave products like Bodiphier and Naturalaxer alone. Henna is 100% pure and natural all you do is just add carrier oils and esential oils to it along with hot water mix it and apply. Let is stay in the hair for a couple of hours or so. Do this for 3 consecutive weeks. Then keep up the regimen every 4-6 weeks.

Zgirl

thanks, I will try that
I have done some seaches, but I see that most people use if for color, does anyone know where i can purchase the product

thanks again for your help

Justice4alw

Does anyone know if henna (as people are using it as a texturizer/straightener) can be used if permanent color has already been applied to the hair?

Thanks in advance!

CynamonKis

Beware - Mahlialee posted some info on this a couple of weeks ago. I think the thread has been removed but she appeared to have done a substantial amt. of research on it you may want to try PM'ing her about this product before you buy it.