Naturally Flexible Support Thread

Evolving78

I want to wash and straighten my hair either today or tomorrow. I have a new heat protectant I want to use (Suave Keratin Infusions).
I'm straightening mine now. I'm taking a break! Lol gotta get back to my family!
I'm using Silk elements new heat protectant creme. I like the creme so far, since it's light weight and doesn't feel waxy on my hair, but it's certainly not a detangler/leave-in.

Daina

Hi Ladies, I'm naturally flexible-ish I only flat iron at most 3-4 per year. This year it will be 3 times. I mostly wear twist/braid outs, buns and this summer I've done a few WnG's. I miss my flat ironed hair sometimes but my hair has flourished since I started limiting the heat.

My regimen is simple I co-cleanse weekly and DC. I wash my scalp only with shampoo once per month. I use protein 2x per month and a hard protein every 12 weeks. I also use Olaplex once per month.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I may look into the BKT for next year. @Prettymetty how is your texture now? Is it pretty much straight? I would do this when I have more length to go back to buns, so I don't have to flat iron all of the time.
My texture is still 4b, but it's silkier and much easier to comb. I can stretch it with or without heat. I'm sure I can get it very straight with a rollerset. My tension blow dry gets it to a kinky straight texture.

GettingKinky

I'm not working out like I used too, but even when I sweat my hair stays straight. Once I wet it the texture returns.

That's impressive. When I sweat my roots revert right away. If BKT fixed that problem maybe I could be a straight hair natural.

But I also worry about the long term damage from the process. Do you do it yourself or do you have it done by a stylist?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@GettingKinky I did it myself and it was my first treatment. I still have 2-3 treatments remaining in the bottle. I want to overlap the treatments so that my hair can airdry straighter. This one shouldn't cause any damage. My hair has honestly never been stronger. I get zero breakage when I moisturize my ends and style my hair. As long as you don't use a super high heat setting you will be fine. I think I used 375. Maybe that's why my curl pattern is still in tact.

Daina

I'll be blow-drying today for the first time in 6 weeks. Going to do a braidout on stretched hair for an event tonight. I really want to rollerset it but I don't feel like it taking 90 minutes to set and then another 90 minutes to dry. I can blow-dry and braid in 45 minutes.