Naturals and Protein?

Mandy4610

Sorry ladies I know I have like tons of threads and question going, but I am in the middle of a big hair decision and I need all the help I can get. I think I will BC this week and I know that I will miss my hair like crazy.:sad:
So I want to do everything I can to retain my growth.
Just wanted to know if you natural ladies use protein on your hair. I have ORS hair mayo and Aphogee 2 step.
What do you think, can I use them on my upcoming TWA.

TIA

JustKiya

I use a light protien every 8 weeks. Along with using henna every 8 weeks, that's all my fine hair can stand.

adw425

I use protein every week. I mix Duo Tex with Cabellina Del Caballos mane and tail conditioner and add yogurt, coconut milk, whey protein, etc. These are not heavy proteins and my hair loves it.

ToyToy

I'm natural, and I use Aphogee (the hardcore treatment) every six weeks. I've dyed my hair twice in 2 years, and I think this has done some damage to my hair, so I decided to use the protein treatment to strengthen it. It really seems to work for me.
Do check to see whether your hair is protein-sensitive, as some people's hair hates protein.

All the best with your natural hair! :)

MrsQueeny

I only use protein if I feel like my hair has been under a lot of stress from a hairstyle, my first wash after a press, or whenever I feel it needs it. I can just tell it is weird. I always follow it up with a moisturizing dc. HTH Q

loolalooh

I used protein deep conditioners a lot as a permie. As a newbie natural, my hair does not need protein so I don't really use it.

anon123

It's a moisturizing cholesterol conditioner, it doesn't contain any protein, it's one of my favs. As for protein, I use a mixture of eggs+conditioner+oil as natural protein treatment once month. :)

Hey, I stumbled on that eggs + conditioner + oil combo recently myself. I used it 3 weeks in a row because it's a great detangler. Hmm, my hair has been a little hard lately. Oh, who am I kidding, it's always hard. I do want to try one of those big tubs of cholesterol for detangling, though.

LadyKaypnyc

I do a protein DC once a month.

I combine honey, mayo, an egg and 5 drops of peppermint oil and leave it on my head for 15 minutes.

If I'm being lazy, I use ORS Hair Mayo or the Replenishing Pak

I've learned that if I keep a protein dc in longer than 15 minutes or use any heat, they make my hair really hard. :wallbash: