Naturals How Do You Wear Your Hair Everyday?

CarLiTa

Too many buns. My boyfriend keeps commenting how much he loves it when my hair is out. I think he's trying to tell me something:ohwell: Sigh.

But dealing with these tangles otherwise! and dating this white man, when I'm at his house, can I show up to bed with my hair in rollers? Heck, can I even have an hour to myself without interruption so I can put those rollers in? Now that we've been at this for some time, it might be time to introduce him to these things.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Too many buns. My boyfriend keeps commenting how much he loves it when my hair is out. I think he's trying to tell me something:ohwell: Sigh.

But dealing with these tangles otherwise! and dating this white man, when I'm at his house, can I show up to bed with my hair in rollers? Heck, can I even have an hour to myself without interruption so I can put those rollers in? Now that we've been at this for some time, it might be time to introduce him to these things.
I don't get tangles and all I wear are wash n goes.

LadyRaider

nah. i wear sew ins off and on. the goal was to weave it up til bsl. im there now but natural... it kind of doesnt even matter, between the shrinkage it may as well not be. so now i want to stop wearing them but cant figure out what to do with my hair.

its long enough now that it should be easy to style... at least that was the hope anyway... but everything looks like a little girl, in puffs or curls... lol :sad:

i think ive fallen victim to weave reliance :ohwell:
you could blow dry and flat iron for a while. I started out with braid outs until I learned to wash and go.

Ogoma

Wash and gos, buns, half up/down, stretched hair with curlformers, one low braid etc. I never got into braid outs or twist outs because my hair never dries in time and the braids or twists never look neat enough to take around. Out of habit, I gravitate to the same styles, but have found I can be very versatile when I want something different. I straightened it once, but got tired of it in a few days.

CaraWalker

i am google imaging trying to see if there are any viable options that i might like.

curlformers - no

flexirods - no

i am probably just going to wash and go and bun or high ponytail. my coils in their normal state (when well hydrated) would look better than any of these natural manipulations for me. i have no skills for arts and crafts and that transfers to all this natural hair styling nonsense :lol: natural hair is so wack :lol: im just going to keep growing til one day it's so long it doesn't matter :lol:

Honey Bee

i am google imaging trying to see if there are any viable options that i might like.

curlformers - no

flexirods - no

i am probably just going to wash and go and bun or high ponytail. my coils in their normal state (when well hydrated) would look better than any of these natural manipulations for me. i have no skills for arts and crafts and that transfers to all this natural hair styling nonsense :lol: natural hair is so wack :lol: im just going to keep growing til one day it's so long it doesn't matter :lol:
I'ma be honest and tell you, I style my hair the exact same as I did relaxed. :look:

I find that hairstyling has two parts: texture amelioration, and style. This is for any texture. You have to make sure it's not frizzy or stringy or whatever. Only then can you get into what it's gon 'do'. So, for me, I 'ameliorate'/ even out my texture with regular washing and moisture and then style as usual. I'm not especially good at styling. :look: Honestly, I normally just pin it back in the front and let it flow... same as I did when I was relaxed. :look: I'm a kinky 4a with good clumping if that makes a difference, idk.

Ogoma

curlformers - no

flexirods - no

Curlformers is good for stretching the hair. I don't like the curlformer curls, but I use the wide ones and they give me nice waves for the first day and stretched hair after that. It can be used as an alternative to blow drying.

CaraWalker

I'ma be honest and tell you, I style my hair the exact same as I did relaxed. :look:

I find that hairstyling has two parts: texture amelioration, and style. This is for any texture. You have to make sure it's not frizzy or stringy or whatever. Only then can you get into what it's gon 'do'. So, for me, I 'ameliorate'/ even out my texture with regular washing and moisture and then style as usual. I'm not especially good at styling. :look: Honestly, I normally just pin it back in the front and let it flow... same as I did when I was relaxed. :look: I'm a kinky 4a with good clumping if that makes a difference, idk.
Curlformers is good for stretching the hair. I don't like the curlformer curls, but I use the wide ones and they give me nice waves for the first day and stretched hair after that. It can be used as an alternative to blow drying.

guys guys i figured it out

i am going to get a few kinky textured clip ins, tuck them in my crown area, and wear the big curly bun of my dreams! i knew i would find a solution sooner or later!

Honey Bee

guys guys i figured it out

i am going to get a few kinky textured clip ins, tuck them in my crown area, and wear the big curly bun of my dreams! i knew i would find a solution sooner or later!
Sounds good. Be careful with the clips, though (mechanical damage). Baby your crown (which includes, but is not limited to, applying dc there first, sealing when you might not even seal the rest of our head, etc).