Naturals...how do you wear your hair to bed? Got pics?

Qtee

I just did a post on doing multiple pineapples on shorter hair - here's a pic too!

Think Your Hair is Too Short to Pineapple? You Thought Wrong!
EllePixie..that is perfect..I never thought of that...

Janet'

I'm not currently wearing my hair straight but i will either put my hair in six big plaits, wrap a scarf around them, and then put my bonnet on or pineapple my hair, put a scarf around the base, and put my bonnet on...Feb 20 Hair Pics 005.jpg This is an example of my bonnet...Sorry, I have no pics of the pineapple hair...and I'm guessing you would like pics of straight hair...I'm sorry:sad:

nikolite

pookaloo83 when I baggy I just put a plastic shower cap on with no products except what was left in from my last wash. My hair is not wet in the morning just soft and moisturized. I used to have damp and/or smelly hair in the morning when I moisturized before placing the baggy on. Now I just put it on dry hair and let the bag and my hair do it's thang.

This is a great idea. Baggying never worked for me (accept the days right after I henna) in the past because it always over-moisturized my hair and I was sure that it was reaching hydral fatigue too much that way and swelling the hair shaft. But it makes sense that baggying on dry hair would give the hair the perfect amount of moisturizing it needs by trapping and recirculating the moisture that's already there, with slight moisture from the sweat/pores on the scalp. I'm gonna try this ASAP!

Nayna

Unbothered
SO this is how I wear it at night. I like my hair bug and fluffy so I wear a bonnet over this and not a scarf. I do 4 of these braids.

In the morning I fluff and go. Keep in mind I'm aiming for loose waves and not a tight defined braidout. That's why I only do 4. Plus I'm trying to learn how to get a decent braidout with less braiding, lol.

My face looked mean as heck so I had to distort it, lol

SimJam

if my hair is twisted or in corn rows I just moisture seal and put on a satin scarf

if Im doing twistouts I re twist every 2 days into abt 25 twists using jane carters leave in. The innitial twists wud have some gel added, but I dont re-add gel when re-twisting - then I put on a silk scarf

Spongie Bloom

I co wash several times a week in the evening however my routine is the same whether I do (cowash) or not. I section my hair into four moisturise and then make loose plaits/braids cover with satin scarf. I lightly blowdried my hair this morning so as to stretch it out fully but I suspect my routine will be the same when I go to bed tonight

TwistNMx

I wet my hair in the shower every day and at night I just wear a satin bonnet and go to sleep. I keep my hair in twists 90% of the time.

TwistNMx

This is what I do to maintain my twist and braid outs, then I just tye a triangular scarf on with a bonnet over so my ends are protected...

This is what I use if im too tired to retwist

Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for this scarf for a long time. Did you order it online?

nysister

I don't have any pictures, but currently this is what I am doing.

I section a piece of hair with my fingers. (About 2" square)

Wet it, preferable with hot or warm water.

Add a bit of olive oil.

Braid it.

Add more Olive oil.

Moisturize the ends.

Cover it with a silk scarf.

I do this every night, my hair will happily tangle if I don't braid or twist, and would also become quite dry.

Rei

I tried pineappling after a twistout but my hair shrinks during the night, and well...if I was trying to look cute at night, this is the result in the morning, lol

I think I sleep too rough for these kind of things, I'm going to stick to my usual two big pigtails, tuck under ends style.

iri9109

satin scarf around my edges with the back out and i sleep on a satin pillowcase...i feel like satin bonnets squish my curls:

when i had a long curly weave i used to to twist it everynight at first, but then i found that putting it in a pineapple or loose high bun worked the best, and i still tied the scarf around my edges

iri9109

I just did a post on doing multiple pineapples on shorter hair - here's a pic too!

Think Your Hair is Too Short to Pineapple? You Thought Wrong!

just wanted to add that now i pineapple at night (i do the mowhawk with 3, or do half and half one at the top and one at the bottom...at first i had one in the front, one on the back and one on each sides, but i sleep on my side and i didnt want it to get squished, so switched it up)

in the morn:

stretched hair with curls still intact so i dont have to cowash and go outside with wet hair and catch pneumonia and die:look:...so yeah elle pixie saved my hair life and quite possibly my actual life :) lmao:lachen:

EllePixie

just wanted to add that now i pineapple at night (i do the mowhawk with 3, or do half and half one at the top and one at the bottom...at first i had one in the front, one on the back and one on each sides, but i sleep on my side and i didnt want it to get squished, so switched it up)

stretched hair with curls still intact so i dont have to cowash and go outside with wet hair and catch pneumonia and die:look:...so yeah elle pixie saved my hair life and quite possibly my actual life :) lmao:lachen:

Aw you are very welcome, glad you are alive and well!! :yep::lachen:

Your hair is looking on point, miss! :clapping:

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)

pink bonnet from Walmart :yawn:

to retain moisture throughout the niite ibaggy the whole head :drunk: soo theres a shower cap under there:sekret::lol:

iri9109

Aw you are very welcome, glad you are alive and well!! :yep::lachen:

Your hair is looking on point, miss! :clapping:

thanks!
i really like this pineapple method! i even wrote about it in my curl street journal on curly nikki lol...& i threw in some shameless plugs for you too with links to your blog & youtube lol

snookes

in the morn:

Your hair is beautiful