Naturals: Is being on LHCF making you want to relax?

Is being on LHCF making you want to relax?

• Yes

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 138 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunshinelady

Hey ladies,

I'm noticing a lot of natural LHCFers thinking hard about texlaxing or relaxing. Do you think that is due to your participation on the board? If not, what is causing the itch?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
No, being here does not make me want to relax my hair...I think that's because when I first joined LHCF back in 2004, it made me want to go natural despite all the relaxed ladies here on this board. :)

scorpian

sunshinelady said:
Hey ladies,

I'm noticing a lot of natural LHCFers thinking hard about texlaxing or relaxing. Do you think that is due to your participation on the board? If not, what is causing the itch?

I had an itch to texlax because it's hot and this hair is thick and I need a change
I actually bought a relaxer 2 days ago and took it back to the store today
plaited this hair up and got a wig instead

frostydoll

I didn't vote because it's not a yes or no lol, it's more of a sometimes. Sometimes I really want to texlax because shrinkage drives me crazy but I love my natural hair and don't really want to have to do all the work that comes with relaxing again.

mermaid

I wasn't relaxed before LHCF and have no interest in relaxing ever again. No one and nothing can convince me to ever go back to that mess, lol!

PaperClip

Nah... I'm done.... but it is, how can I say, nice to see that the relaxing option can be done with productive results.

I gotta say I gave it a tiny thought during (a weak point in) my transition.... But that's the danger of being in rehab and still being exposed to the "substance" that put me in rehab!:lol: I even said to the mods that there should be a separate board for naturals! Yeah, I got nerve but I ain't ashamed!

But a year and a half later, I've come to "peacefully" ;) coexist with my relaxed hair counterparts (I really do, y'all! Y'all know I've gotten much better!)

neenzmj

sunshinelady said:
Hey ladies,

Not at all. I enjoy seeing the hair of ladies who do relax, but I've finally come to a point where I can enjoy my natural hair with all its good points and challenges.

divya

Poohbear said:
No, being here does not make me want to relax my hair...I think that's because when I first joined LHCF back in 2004, it made me want to go natural despite all the relaxed ladies here on this board. :)

That's what happened to me! LHCF is definitely part of my go-natural influence...

CurleeDST

I love my natural hair. I will admit sometimes I do get the itch adn then I remember how every time I relax I hate it and want my natural texture back. Shrinkage is a mug and I feel as if I don't have much time to really style it (even if it were straight I would not have much time for it) sooooo natural is it!

ayoung

when i joined I was natural---but was already considering a change.
Since joining---I saw that I COULD grow long and healthy relaxed hair---so that helped push me over to my decision.

Kurlee

after being on this bpoard for a few years, i realize that a healthy head of long hair can belong to a natural head or a relaxed one or an in between one.

DSP

Nope. My fine hair and sensitive scalp can't take the chemicals and I'm not doing yet another big chop. I'm at peace with my hair now. I don't fight its natural tendencies (often) and in return, it's healthy and strong.

Nice & Wavy

I get bored easily and want change, that's my problem. I get so bored with the same ole, same old styles. I recently wanted to texlax so bad....I mean it was bad, so I decided to straighten it by flatiorning. I realized after 2 days or so, I missed my curls and wet my hair and felt much better afterwards.

I think the longer my hair gets, the more I love my hair. When I get the urge, I'll just flatiron again and feel better.

SignatureBeauty

I came here Natural and then Relaxed because I wanted to grow my hair long and straight like the other Ladies but then I realized that it was there hair and not mine and my hair would not grow like theres etc. But being Natural is Wonderful and super simple for me, Yes you have your ups and downs and yes I have thought about Relaxing & Texturizing out of frustration of length not texture but I got through it and my scalp Thanks Me to! But either way I see some Relaxed heads that are wanting to go Natural so it is a Vice Versa thing!

I like the fact that LHCF Caters to Relaxed & Natural heads and that we can all learn from each other and nothing is off limits, I hate to see us become Seperated by Hair! Both Natural & Relaxed are Beautiful in my Book!

Braided~Beauty

Nope.

I was natural when I joined and was thinking about a relaxer. I would NEVER go back to a relaxer now. The beautiful natural heads I've seen on this board have inspired me love my natural hair more now than any other time in my life.

schipperchow1

I voted no. My temptation to texturize has nothing to do w/LHCF, but my desire to loosen my curl only. I thought that if I made it past July 4, I'd lose the itch, but I'm still considering it:ohwell:

Cichelle

Nuh-uh. Not even a little bit. I don't think relaxers are the devil or anything like that, though. I used them for over 20 years. They are just not for me anymore.

MissMusic

I love my hair too much. I ocassionaly think about it, but what would I do without my Erykah Badu fro, or my twists, or my puffy hair!:perplexed

HoneyDew

I don't see why it should. :confused:

I am relaxed and being on the board makes me want to be natural!!

I am jealous that I don't feel I have it in me to just transition.

locoabouthair

Poohbear said:

I totally agree (well I joined a year ago). I'm diggin this natural thing!!!!!!!!

camellia

Not in the slightest.

I admire a lot of the sleek, relaxed heads here but I love my natural hair and don't want to change it. I like to wear my hair curly anyway, so why fight what I have naturally?

Curls seem to complement my face better than straight hair. Besides, I'm lazy.:lol: I like the simplicity of natural hair, I can have a mass of ringlets and bouncy curls with no effort at all, just wash and go, but if I want straight hair it's just a flat iron away.:)

Keeping up with relaxers, trying to manage two completely different textures of hair, worrying about being over or under processed... Way too much work for me.:lol: