Naturals: Is being on LHCF making you want to relax?

Is being on LHCF making you want to relax?

• Yes

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 138 79.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nice & Wavy

Braided~Beauty said:
Nope.

I was natural when I joined and was thinking about a relaxer. I would NEVER go back to a relaxer now. The beautiful natural heads I've seen on this board have inspired me love my natural hair more now than any other time in my life.

OT: I just saw your fotki and I love your hair....its what naturals dream of, especially me!

I wish I could wear braids, but my husband does not like them, so I'll just continue on what I'm doing. I'm looking to be halfway where you are by this time next year.

LuvLiLocks

So many beautiful heads on this forum, relaxed or natural, being on LHCF just makes me realize that whatever I decid to do with my hair, it can be long, healthy, and beautiful. :kiss:

blazingthru

No, this board, this forum LHCF is the reason why I went natural. I joined Oct 05 and that was the very last time I got a relaxer. I don't miss it, I love my natural hair more and more everyday. Does it get on my nerves yeah I have moments where it gets on my nerves. But never do I think relaxer. I think the only thing is I wish I can see it grow, it always seems to be the same to me. I would love to show length but I can't right now, one day I will. I can't wait for that day when I get the press and its just hanging down long and pretty. Then I will wash it all out and wear it curly and beautiful. I love being natural. I am so glad I was able to join. The five dollars is worth it to me.

honeybadgirl

just the opposite. thats how i found lhcf, i was thinking about relaxing my hair and came across this link. after being here it helped me to appreciate and love the versatility of my natural hair. its made me realize to be patient and loving towards my beautiful tresses!!!!:grin:

Creatividual

HoneyDew said:
I don't see why it should. :confused:

I am relaxed and being on the board makes me want to be natural!!

I am jealous that I don't feel I have it in me to just transition.

I feel the exact same way. Seeing the naturals beautiful hair gets me considering to transition sooner!!!:grin:

jshor09

nope was itching to when i was 6 months natural, but now that im a yr i have no interest to.

Braided~Beauty

Nice & Wavy said:
OT: I just saw your fotki and I love your hair....its what naturals dream of, especially me!

I wish I could wear braids, but my husband does not like them, so I'll just continue on what I'm doing. I'm looking to be halfway where you are by this time next year.

Aww, thanks Nice & Wavy!
:kiss:

bellydancer

I was natural when I joined LHCF and I took advice from relaxed and natural ladies and my hair is waist length and still natural. I do want a texturizer, but not because of the forum. I drastically change my hair every 5 years. Cornrows, then relaxer, then natural, then blonde and natural, now I just want something different. I DO feel more comfortable getting a texturizer because of LHCF. I can find the answer to ANY question I have and I feel knowledgable about the process. The only thing this board makes me want is healthy hair.

cmw45

I voted yes...sometimes I get the itch...shrinkage like most...but, I came to the board and BC'd a month later (I transitioned for 4 months) and have not really looked back...nor will I. :)

ETA: I think that I originally went natural for healthier hair...but this board proves you can healthy relaxed hair.
I STAYED natural because I finally realised it was about more than my hair...at least to me. :)

luv04

no i mean i came on the boards as a relaxed head of hair then i transitioned with braids and a med short cut...now im a natural head and i love it..everyday is something new...i think my hair is thriving more and more each day and i think one can really benefit from having more than one opinion and advice on natural/relax/texlax hair

Sapphire

kinks n curls girl
No, I love being natural and don't ever see myself relaxing again. There seems to be a lot more naturals on the board than when I first joined and that is somewhat encouraging. :)

hopeful

vivacious1083 said:
Hopeful, your hair is GORGEOUS!!!:D

Thank you!:) I just looked at your fotki and your hair is very pretty too, I love the length!

Last edited:

SSBD

well actually when i came to this board i was natural and that i relaxed because i had read cathy howse book and i had seen so many pretty relaxed heads...so i figure okay i can handle this, but than after my second touch up everything went wrong and my hair was even thinner and just not right...so now im back natural and im ging to stay this way...actually i love natural hair now and to be honest im kina kicking myself because my hair was so pretty natural before and sense that relaxer my texture is totally changed...its all good and some time in the future im gonna be one of the ladies on the board who have beautiful long natural hair and inspire someone else like so many have inspired me....

Hidden_Angel

I think for the MOST part its because of shrinkage but if natural heads didnt have so much shrinkage then I promise you their would be a WHOLE lot more natural heads then relax

Bint Yusef

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
I didn't vote because it's not a yes or no lol, it's more of a sometimes. Sometimes I really want to texlax because shrinkage drives me crazy but I love my natural hair and don't really want to have to do all the work that comes with relaxing again.
Same here!

Ive decided not to relax for a while. I was considering it, but its not going to happen this year.

PinkSkates

Nope! I love my natural hair.
ETA: Me and my natural hair are in a committed relationship; and just like any other relationship, we have our ups and downs, but we are sticking together forever. And I am not a relaxer hater, (I was relaxed for a decade in the 90's) but relaxers are no longer apart of my life.

Last edited:

CurleeDST

when i get an itch i think of the ladies i inspired whose natural hair is bsl or longer because they just let it be unlike me! and when they straighten it is very close to mbl. i initially inspired them but hey inspire me too.

N.P.R. Addict

I never think about relaxing. I have learned so many tools of the trade when it comes to natural hair. While I love the way many of the relaxed heads look, I am in just as much awe when it comes to the natural heads. This works for me.

Snuckles

Nope, it doesn't make me want to relax but I am thinking more about straightening my hair with heat. But then again I realize that I'll probably lose all of my progress if I go that route.

I'm all for a separate board for naturals here. It would help running through all of these threads.

kally

Last year it did.

I was collor bone length with , nice and thick locks. Then I got to looking at the hair on here thinking I can do this relaxer thing. Boy was I wrong. I ended up having to get my head shaved to repair the damage. Never again. So now it looks tempting, but I know its a huge no no.

caligirl

Poohbear said:
No, being here does not make me want to relax my hair...I think that's because when I first joined LHCF back in 2004, it made me want to go natural despite all the relaxed ladies here on this board. :)

Same here.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
LHCF is the reason I went natural!

At first I would see the relaxed heads and long for my relaxed day's but not so much anymore. The last time I flat ironed my hair sort of sealed it for me. I looked and felt so ordinary. My natural hair has character. I couldnt wait to get my kinks and coils back. Not that the relaxed heads here are ordinary, I love and admire many of the relaxed ladies here, and they would stand out even if their hair hadnt made it to great lengths. I wont say I will be natural forever, but at this point in time, natural suits me best! :)

naturaline

ohhh gosh i luv beibg natural tooo much- when i 1st joined i was growin out my relaxer and LHCF just pushed/ helped me out in the right direction.

remnant

No, if I want straight hair I'll flat iron it or if I want natural style I 'll do it: there're so many tutorials here for both styles:) !